• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

emotional or physical pain....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
Which do you think is worst??

I think emotional pain because physical pain can over time but emotional can really change someone. For example, lets just say you play football. You've been preparing for this game for months. You think you're ready, but when the day comes, you get nervous. Now right in the middle of game, you fall and break your knee. Thats one pain.

But now lets say the same setup but instead of breaking your knee, you miss all of the goals and the crowd starts to boo you. Your teamates are saying not to pass it to you because they think that you suck.

So which do you think is worst, emotional pain or physical pain?
(oh yeah and I just realized, emo is short for emotional... xD)

Apollo

Silver Member
emotional in my case cuz i can take a lot of physical pain! (got beat up a lot)

D

Destiny of Sora

Both kinds of pain can cause each other. I do agree with you that emotional pain is much worse, because it cannot go away, truly, without strong mental work. Most kinds of physical pain can at least be made to be weaker.

Epic Nature

In an abstract universe where sheep and and angry
Both kinds of pain can cause each other. I do agree with you that emotional pain is much worse, because it cannot go away, truly, without strong mental work. Most kinds of physical pain can at least be made to be weaker.

I agree. With most physical pain, there is some kind of medicine. There is no magical band-aid for emotional pain.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Lol how emo xD

I agree with the points already stated: emotional pain is usually longer lasting than physical pain, and sometimes it can affect us in unexpected ways so it's harder to alleviate.

However, sometimes physical pain can lead to emotional pain. It also depends on how resilient the individual is , physically and in their mind.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
^ yeah i what your saying. I asked some of my friends the same question and they said physical. They ask me "what about torture?" well if you've been tortured in some kind of physical way, it will hurt for awhile but it will eventually lead to an emotional state.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Physical pain, because physical pain actually exists, 'emotional pain' is just you being a whimp

D

Destiny of Sora

Physical pain, because physical pain actually exists, 'emotional pain' is just you being a whimp

Oh yes, I'm sure YOU'VE never experienced emotional pain.

All pain comes from the mind, you know.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
You mean "nerve endings" throughout my body sending signals to be interpreted by the "brain". "The mind" is nothing but a delusion used to make sense of the brain's workings, to add an aura of mystique to the things we can't (or don't want) explained.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Torture is actually more psychological than physical.

In the words of Daddy Duck: "I don't like pain. It hurts me."

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Physical pain. I can get over emotional pain in like 30 seconds. To cure emotional pain, I watch Comedy Central, FX, or ESPN...

I say physical pain is worse, as it takes me out of sports, like basketball and skateboarding. Plus, if its the arm. I can't play guitar.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I see, feeling pain when a close relative dies makes an individual a wimp. o.o;

Let's see here...my grandma dying...or, me getting shot in the chest, lying in the streets in a pool of my own blood, nothing but the sounds of my own screams ringing in my ears as I desperately clutch my open chest cavity

Oh yeah, I think I'd rather be boohoo sad for a couple days and then go watch a movie then have my chest blown open

Hmm. I can't decide. In my personal opinion, I think emotional pain is worse - I can tolerate physical pain, but not emotional pain.

You can tolerate a little scrape knee, try being in a car crash and never being able to walk the same way again without a sprinkle of agonizing pain in every step.

I think that living with agonizing pain every day of my life is a lot worse than the burden that my dog skippy died while I was at summer camp when I was 12

Joy

Bronze Member
Let's see here...my grandma dying...or, me getting shot in the chest, lying in the streets in a pool of my own blood, nothing but the sounds of my own screams ringing in my ears as I desperately clutch my open chest cavity

Oh yeah, I think I'd rather be boohoo sad for a couple days and then go watch a movie then have my chest blown open

Stop being biased TMM. You explain in detail a very bad way to get injured. Now, let's lengthen the Grandmother dying, shall we?

Your grandmother just died. You drop the phone to the ground and tears swell up in your eyes. The last thing you had said to her was she was a stupid B*tch, and didn't desrve to live. You'll never be able to tell her you didn't mean that, and you'll always wonder if she ever knew.

That will stick with you for your whole life. That is not being a whimp, TMM.

I'm not sure what's worse, as I've yet to experience any to a high level of severity.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Boohoo? She's dead, I'm sad, I go see a movie. There is nothing hurting me, there's nothing sticking with me my whole life because my Grandma didn't like me, she's dead, people die, though myself dying is pretty high up on the list of things 'I don't want to experience'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back