• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Emos, Wannabes, and N00bs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
I've noticed that nearly everybody on the internet always complains about emos, n00bs, and wannabes (Mainly Japanese wannabes) May I so kindly say:

Stop posting this crap.

You don't like somebody? You declare them an emo. Somebody's a fan of an anime, or uses japanese phrases? Insantly a japanese wannabe. Somebody who's still learning how to work the internet? Instantly n00b.

Let me clear this up for you:

Emos = People like you.
Wannabe = People you are jealous of
N00bs = People that are better than you.

Flaming goes beyond single user flaming, flaming pre-set groups you throw people into is flaming as well. Frankly, it pisses me off.

...Or, maybe I should translate to make the message simpler:

Do so kindly stop posting your prejudices and idiotic ideals.

- - -
Since nobody has the remote intelligence to read my second post, I'll edit it so you don't have to exhaust yourself by scrolling down, instead of just posting and flaming.

Clarification said:
I don't care if you hate somebody. Whatever, people hate. It's not the people being hated, it's the stereotypes. Most declared emos, aren't emos. Most declared n00bs, aren't n00bs. Most declared wannabes, aren't wannabes. If somebody is being an idiot, you call them an idiot not a n00b, wannabe, or emo. If somebody is being over-sensitive or is over-reacting, you point that out. If somebody is truly a wannabe (Meaning they simply WANT to be involved in something) then you point it out.

Do tell me where I used a generalized statement here. I told anybody who uses such terms that they're throwing anybody they like into a group they think they belong in, and flash the word around until they get bored. Unless I aparantly missed that telling people that what they're saying isn't the truth is hypocritical.

The basic summary of such insults is, you call them that, and they 'become' that. What do you know about them? Absolutley nothing. They're calling people 'emos' 'wannabes' and 'n00bs' when all they did is read a single post. The post is emotional, wannabe-ish, or n00bish, not the person. This is the same premise that flaming is directly attacking a person without knowing anything about them. The only difference is that one uses specified words.

If this seems like a flame or rant, it wasn't intended so. This was meant to point out that such things are just a waste of space, and does not make you 'for winrar'

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I find this hypocritical

You yourself are making a generalization, and discriminating against a group of people, who feel like expressing thier opinions on other groups of people. You created this thread with the intention of making a statement about said people, and thusly are doing exactly what you say you dislike about them

So, you're flaming because you just discriminated against a generalized group of people by telling them to shut the <euphemism> up

Last edited:

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
I find this hypocritical

You yourself are making a generalization, and discriminating against a gorup of people, who feel like expressing thier opinions on other groups of people. Youcreated this thread witht he intention of making a statement about said people, and thusly are doing exactly what you say you dislike about them

So, you're flaming because you just discriminated against a generalized group of people by telling them to shut the <euphemism> up

TMM's right.

I respect you for what you're doing with V.E.T.E.R.A.N., but this whole rant is just you flaming the very people who are flaming. That's a little bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Fatmouse-disapproves-1.png

I've got no problem with what V.E.T.E.R.A.N are doing, and I'm not saying the people who this was directed at are right, but going off on a rant telling people to stfu doesn't present a very anti-flaming mind-set

Last edited:

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Yes, what you said was right but I don't think you should of told people to shut up if thats what they believe in, just say to kindly keep it to themselves.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Emos = People like you.
LOL WUT?
Do so kindly shut up about your prejudices and idiotic ideals.
NO U? GET UR PARADOX OUT!

COMPLAINING ARE YOU? GET UR HYPOCRISY OUT!

[/flame] (????????????)

These emos/wannabes/n00bs are supposedly getting flamed for being theirselves and expressing their opinions BUT flaming is an expression of our opinions.
No flaming whatsover= suppression.

Of late, I have noticed numerous 'rant' threads where members feel it necessary to attempt to impose their beliefs on others. This dogmatism of some (some, not all) is starting to wear thin.

DrBanxon

Styles Upon Styles
WOW...
TMM, TM, and MB three posts in a row...
That can only mean one thing.
This thread is huge.

Well, hypocritical or not, he may have a point.
Or not.
I still don't know whose side to go on...
T_T

PS: The Midnighter, using fillers??!?!?!?!? OMG

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
TheMuffinMan said:
I find this hypocritical

You yourself are making a generalization, and discriminating against a group of people, who feel like expressing thier opinions on other groups of people. You created this thread with the intention of making a statement about said people, and thusly are doing exactly what you say you dislike about them

It looks like I'll have to state this even simpler, since the meaning totally flew over your head.

I don't care if you hate somebody. Whatever, people hate. It's not the people being hated, it's the stereotypes. Most declared emos, aren't emos. Most declared n00bs, aren't n00bs. Most declared wannabes, aren't wannabes. If somebody is being an idiot, you call them an idiot not a n00b, wannabe, or emo. If somebody is being over-sensitive or is over-reacting, you point that out. If somebody is truly a wannabe (Meaning they simply WANT to be involved in something) then you point it out.

Do tell me where I used a generalized statement here. I told anybody who uses such terms that they're throwing anybody they like into a group they think they belong in, and flash the word around until they get bored. Unless I aparantly missed that telling people that what they're saying isn't the truth is hypocritical.

The basic summary of such insults is, you call them that, and they 'become' that. What do you know about them? Absolutley nothing. They're calling people 'emos' 'wannabes' and 'n00bs' when all they did is read a single post. The post is emotional, wannabe-ish, or n00bish, not the person. This is the same premise that flaming is directly attacking a person without knowing anything about them. The only difference is that one uses specified words.

Eh, I'll change 'shut up' I was typing in a hurry. I was meaning 'Don't post'

These emos/wannabes/n00bs are supposedly getting flamed for being theirselves and expressing their opinions BUT flaming is an expression of our opinions.
No flaming whatsover= suppression.

Incorrect. Flaming is harassment of user or a large group of users. You can express your opinion in a single post by simply stating without capital letters, bad spelling, and 'intraweb' slang.

If this seems like a flame or rant, it wasn't intended so. This was meant to point out that such things are just a waste of space, and does not make you 'for winrar'.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

LMAO TM used the 25 character rule.

Anyways so were you saying that kikyo was better than me? Becasue either way she was still a noob to me.

O

Oberon

I've noticed that nearly everybody on the internet always complains about emos, n00bs, and wannabes (Mainly Japanese wannabes) May I so kindly say:

Stop posting this crap.

You don't like somebody? You declare them an emo. Somebody's a fan of an anime, or uses japanese phrases? Insantly a japanese wannabe. Somebody who's still learning how to work the internet? Instantly n00b.

Let me clear this up for you:

Emos = People like you.

Flaming goes beyond single user flaming, flaming pre-set groups you throw people into is flaming as well. Frankly, it pisses me off.

...Or, maybe I should translate to make the message simpler:

Do so kindly stop posting your prejudices and idiotic ideals.
So...basically you are saying that people aren't allowed to speak their mind, correct? Well in that case, {INSERT FLAME HERE} YOU PHAIL HARD!!! If people aren't allowed to say what they want, then you have no right to say what YOU want. And don't think just because you own some orginization that stops "flamming" changes anything... Because some of your very members flame on a daily basis.. :\

I'm quitting VETERAN...-.- It's a waste of time. Because it doesn't do much. It's the MODS job to stop flamming, not yours.

I'm out...

Last edited:

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I'm quitting VETERAN...-.- It's a waste of time. Because it doesn't do much. It's the MODS job to stop flamming, not yours.

Waste of time? You didn't even do anything.

If you haven't noticed, flaming went WAY down once VETERAN started.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour

As am I.

Whilst I don't agree with mass member hatred, I agree even less with those who, in a self imposed state of elevation, attempt to forcibly dictate to us how we should behave on the internet.

Don't present yourself as a saviour when you yourself have encouraged flames on numerous occasions, by being purposefully controversial or arguing.

You refuse to see our points. By denouncing our behaviour, you are harassing us.
Don't be so caught up in preventing any kind of flaming that you fail to see what VETERAN was really about.

You just successfully contradicted yourself, love.

The point of VETERAN was that it comprised of many members all staying that they found it wrong, that some members were being victimized. That was point, not to roam around the forums pendantically reporting every minor dispute.

O

Oberon

If you haven't noticed, flaming went WAY down once VETERAN started.
I wanted to do SOMETHING, but then realized that I couldn't. Not that I didn't WANT to, but I have no time. I don't like the attitude coming from it anyway.

Flamming went down, yes, but so did popularity.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
Show me one flame in Savior's post. Find me one quote of OMG STFU YOU IDIOTS GTFO MAH FORUMZ!!!!11!1!1!1one1

^That is harassing. He wasn't harassing.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Well we don't like your attitude as well. You couldn't do something becuase you didn't try hard enough. So would you rather have flaming around just becuase it gives popularity a boost? If you have to flame someone who doesnt know better, that doesn't make you better than them and it sure as hell doesn't make you popular in my book.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This thread was a mess from the start. =P

I believe people should have the right to have and speak opinions that they may feel, especially if their is reasoning behind it.

People should also use moderation though, especially when trying to prove a point.

For example: (ER, I love you, but I'll use you as an example. <3)

ER is ticking me off suddenly because...she makes 5 threads about random stupid things. I shouldnt be prancing around making a retarded post like "LOL ER IS STUPID LOLOL SCREW ER HAHA ERS MOM IS STUPID". Nonetheless, I do have the right to tell ER to stop being so...stupid. (?)

Bleh, we all already know this. No use repeating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back