• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Elder Scrolls VI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Yeah that's how much I got mine for Xbox. Now what I really regret was on Black Friday, that Anthology collection on PC was only $30 or something crazy. I don't know how I passed that up

D

Deleted member 36435

Legendary Edition is $14 currently, if that sounds like it'd be worth your money: Save 75% on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Steam

I just finished up the Dawnguard DLC, it was neat. Kind of wish I had the choice to just go in and slay the fuck out of the vampires with my hammer instead of running around like ten different planets in search of a bow that I barely used. Chose not to be a vampire, though. Vampires are assholes.

Zul

Awards
After getting a new comp (comp broke in 2012) I'm playing legendary edition, and yes, crossbows >>>>vampires. Regardless of the advantages you get, I just can't stand the lack of regen during the day, and would hate to keep waiting until night.

I still have "alt-itis", and am unable to stop constantly rerolling characters. Had the same problem in WoW, torchlight 2 and pretty much every other game.

Only solution that seems to be working so far is that I made a character that basically leveled only the crafting professions(while I finish leveling everything else) and enchants different sets of armor to simulate different "classes".

The dragonborn addon gives some really nice shouts and enchants(chaos damage...just...wow).

Also Miraak is capable of using a four-word shout o_O

As for hearthfire, the farming is nice for getting rarer alchemy ingredients I guess :s. Kind of redundant when you can add all manner of homes through mods.

Zul

Awards
Yeah....Chaos damage+absorb life really is absurd, I just smacked the ebony warrior to death on legendary difficulty with it, after all that hyping of him being this extremely powerful enemy. He disarmed me mid combat and had me running around looking for my dagger for a bit though.

Though he'll still one-shot you if you rely on physical melee damage with that insufferable reflect perk.

Legendary dragon was a lot easier than the ebony warrior of course. It's possible it could still kill me with its bite though, I had killmoves and killbites disabled so not sure.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Re: What video games deserve a HD Remaster?

Skyrim Remaster Will Be Announced at E3

I'm unsure how necessary this is. I played a whole lot of Skyrim originally, but I'd rather see the developer/series disappear completely for a couple years and have them work on a new engine for a brand new Elder Scrolls. It's been so long since Skyrim, I'm unsure if it is needed again.

halfmango

Awards

I'm unsure how necessary this is. I played a whole lot of Skyrim originally, but I'd rather see the developer/series disappear completely for a couple years and have them work on a new engine for a brand new Elder Scrolls. It's been so long since Skyrim, I'm unsure if it is needed again.

This is... pretty stupid, in my opinion. Sure, skyrim was a great game, but it would seem more like v1.5 update rather than a remaster.

As for me, I woud love a remasterd versions of the tales series. Whether it be the remake of good ol' phantasia, or remaster of the amazing vesperia, I would love to play them.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

There is one viable reason why they would do this: console mods.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

There is one viable reason why they would do this: console mods.

This is the only true reason I could think of as well. It could be a good way to promote mods on console, alongside the ones on Fallout 4. Should it not have included mod support, I could absolutely think of no reason for this particular remaster whatsoever.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

*screeches*

Welp, I now have one more reason to bite the bullet and get a PS4. 8D

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Unless they put in console mods, they should've done Oblivion or Morrowind instead. Shame.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Unless they put in console mods, they should've done Oblivion or Morrowind instead. Shame.

Yeah, I feel like that, too.
But in my opinion, Skyrim is one of the few games that is millions of times more fun on the pc because of the unbelievable possibilities of mods (given your PC is able to handle them).

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Yeah, I feel like that, too.
But in my opinion, Skyrim is one of the few games that is millions of times more fun on the pc because of the unbelievable possibilities of mods (given your PC is able to handle them).

Yeah I have still have a shit ton of stuff to do in Skyrim on my 360 copy, plus it looks just fine so I have no urge for this remaster. I always thought about getting a PC copy to just diddle around with the mods on. My graphics card is pretty garbage though, so I'd need a new one. Kinda need a new one for work anyway lol

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

According to the article, they are indeed supposedly including mods. This is actually starting to catch my interest a little more, as being a console player almost exclusively, I never got to experience mods. I'm curious as to how they'll price it. I'd assume a full $60, but who knows.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

From what I understand, most of the good mods won't be playable in such a case because of something called SKSE, which consoles don't support?

I have to agree with Shadow though, there are a lot of other Elder Scrolls titles that could have benefitted more from a facelift.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

give me console mods and multiplayer and i'm good as diddly

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Multiplayer has never been in Fallout or Elder Scrolls, so keep dreaming.

lmao

elder scrolls online exists, and someone made a multiplayer mod for skyrim a year or so before it so DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

lmao

elder scrolls online exists, and someone made a multiplayer mod for skyrim a year or so before it so DREAMS DO COME TRUE

And it was a piece of shit and Todd Howard had nothing to do with it. And can't imagine mods going to far beyond aesthetic, they wouldn't want trophies or achievements being affected I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back