• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Elder Scrolls VI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - New Info & Scans!

special-edition_5F00_610.jpg

Special Edition Podcast: Todd Howard Skyrim Q&A - Podcasts - www.GameInformer.com

YEEAAAHHH

Awards

For those of you interested in the lore, a brief summary of what's transpired in the first two centuries of the fourth era, which separate Oblivion and Skyrim:

4E 1 — End of the Oblivion Crisis
  • The banishing of Mehrunes Dagon from Tamriel by the Champion of Cyrodiil, Martin Septim, and the avatar of Akatosh ends the Oblivion Crisis. The Septim bloodline ends and the Amulet of Kings is destroyed. The Third Era ends, marking the beginning of the Fourth.
  • The Fourth Era begins with no Emperor on the throne of Tamriel. High Chancellor Ocato, the Elder Council, and the Blades try to maintain order. The provinces start to take opportunities on the state of Empire.
4E ?? — The Empire Collapses
  • Black Marsh secedes from the Empire; it is soon followed by Elsweyr.
4E ?? — Titus Mede is crowned the new emperor by conquest.

4E ?? — Morrowind is conquered by the Argonians.
  • With the absence of Vivec, the Ministry of Truth becomes unstable. Vuhon creates an Ingenium in order to keep the rock stable by using first dozens of dying souls, then a small number of living ones as fuel. Sul fights Vuhon over his wife, who was being used as a living battery causing the Ministry of Truth to crash into Vvardenfell, destroying much of the island and killing many of the people. The Argonians of Black Marsh invade and conquer the crippled Dunmer.
4E 18 — Prince Attrebus Mede is born.

4E 23 — Annaïg Hoïnart is born.

4E 40s — The Infernal City
  • Umbriel, a floating city, appears on the coast of Black Marsh, heading toward Morrowind. The city of Lilmoth, Black Marsh, the home of Annaïg, is destroyed in the process.
4E 200s — The King of Skyrim is murdered, triggering a civil war among the Nords. Many Nords wish to secede from the empire, which has been declining in power since the fall of the Septim Dynasty 200 years earlier, while others believe the empire is still worth preserving.

On the fate of Morrowind:

After the Oblivion Crisis, the Nords and Orcs launched attacks from the north. Then, the disappearance of Vivec caused the Ministry of Truth to become unstable. Engineers in Morrowind, led by Vuhon, constructed a machine called the Ingenium, powered by living souls, to keep the ministry aloft. When one Dunmer named Ilzheven was chosen to power the machine, her lover Ezhmaar, also known as Sul destroyed the machine to save her life. The plan backfired, however, as the Ministry completed its fall, destroying Vivec City and causing Red Mountain to erupt, covering the rest of Vvardenfell in ash and lava in an event known as "The Red Year". An invasion by the Argonians of Black Marsh forced the remaining Dunmer to retreat to Solstheim.

Source: Lore: Fourth Era - UESP

Awards

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

do you know what the exlusive thing is? a video called "Here be dragons" or just the info in the magazine?

ChrisP

That armor looks sweet! I wonder if you can actually use it in the game or if its just for show...

Awards

do you know what the exlusive thing is? a video called "Here be dragons" or just the info in the magazine?
Well that's the OXM UK teaser cover story for next month's issue, so I've no idea. Here be dragons maybe gets a little more involved with dragons? It doesn't really mean that much since the Skyrim info has used that line a lot. But the magazine hits shelves Thursday, so if there is any new info it'll be out by Friday at the very latest.

That armor looks sweet! I wonder if you can actually use it in the game or if its just for show...
If you look at the screenshots I posted earlier, they've already shown armor similar. I'm very sure it will be in the game.

ChrisP

Ah sweet! I want that armor badly! I think it'd be cool to have armor from really strong opponents. Like a mammoth skin/fur armor. Something like that...

Awards
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - With Horse Armor!

Here are some higher-res photos of things previously posted. They give you a better sense of the graphics. However I think the most important picture here is the 'People' picture. The differences between Skyrim and Oblivion there are amazing.

--And for those of you who didn't have the patience to sit through the hour-long podcast, here's a little rundown of new things revealed during (thanks to Games On Net so I didn't have to type it all myself):

Games On Net :: New Releases: Skyrim to Feature Branching Perk System, Horse Armour
Games On Net said:
"The most significant change from Howard's last game, Fallout 3, is the all-new system for managing skills and perks. Combat skills will be confined to three major classes: one-handed weapons, two-handed weapons, and bows. But rather than perks being global, they will plug into skill trees that branch off from each of the basic skills, in a manner reminiscent of the perks in Borderlands.

There will be around 280 perks in all, including ranked perks; a top-level character will only get 50, thus allowing for a tremendous variety of possible character builds.

Races will come with unique spells and favour particular skills, and the face customisation tool has been redesigned, too. Howard concedes that the head-molding system in The Elder Scrolls IV left plenty of room for improvement.
"Oblivion would've been better if we renamed the 'Random' button the 'Ugly' button." - Howard
As for the dragons, they have been designed to be tremendously challenging opponents, on a par with the Big Daddies of BioShock. An elite team of Bethesda's best game designers worked for two years on how the dragons would move and behave in combat, and they can now attack from the air or on the ground, alone or in groups.

There will be no support for Kinect, Move, or 3D, nor will there be spears or dragon-riding. There will be factions -- some old, some new -- and a re-vamped magic system designed to make the player feel more like he's dabbling in the occult arts, and less like he's fiddling with a spreadsheet.

The 'Radiant' story system will allow for quests to be generated partly or entirely algorithmically, and the varying styles of architecture will make the Oblivion-sized world feel less like a theme park.

Those paranoid that the PC version will ship with smudgy console-grade textures need not panic; the game was mostly developed on PC, and the PC version will ship with richer graphics by default.
"You'll DEFINITELY be able to run the PC [version] at a much higher resolution." - Howard
Howard's team is still experimenting with werewolves and mounts, and hopes to include both in the game.
He's also promised that horse armour DLC will be available, even if there aren't any horses.
"We're gonna do that regardless." - Howard
Above all, the 11-11-11 release date is set in stone.
-As said, there will be no spears/poles/etc.

-Mounts still aren't be talked about, but with the approach that Skyrim is taking towards dragons, Howard pretty much said it would be silly to even think of being able to ride them. They are not friendly. At all.

-An example of the perk tree effect: Axe perks are under one-handed. As level in your one-handed perk you will have the ability, to say, choose if you want to pick a sword perk or an axe perk (like disregarding armor). Also, with the game having so many perks, they plan on throwing them at you as quickly as possible so you can really flesh out how you want to play from the start.

-Transformations (ie. Werewolves, Vampires, etc) are still being talked about. They would very much like to incorporate them into the main game, but if not, Howard pretty much hinted at what they did with Morrowind and throwing them into a DLC. So either way, it looks very promising.

Those were pretty much the high points, information-wise. That, and there's a song 'revealed', if you will, at the end of the podcast.

Ah sweet! I want that armor badly! I think it'd be cool to have armor from really strong opponents. Like a mammoth skin/fur armor. Something like that...
I know a lot of people are itching for dragon-scale armor and such. With the new ability to forge weapons, cook, etc., I'd figure we'd be able to forge/craft armor as well? I really hope we can do stuff like that too. You know, put those pelts to use other than merely selling them. That's all pure speculation though at this point.

Awards

More high-res pictures!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

New Surprising Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Details ? Assassin?s Guild and More - Nerd Reactor
Nerd Reactor said:
There will be a large number of people who can accompany you on your quests. Hopefully they’ll at least have really good combat AI. Todd Howard, the executive producer for Bethesda, says that there will be some companions that have a deep personality, but there may also be a lot that are more mercenary-for-hire types.

There will be boss-like fights; enemies that you will come to fear. Some of their best people have been working for two years on dragon creation. These dragons can fly, dive bomb, walk around on the ground, and terrorize townspeople. There will even be multiple kinds of dragons. Todd joked around, saying that he summons dragons to terrorize the townspeople for his amusement.

You will have a bit less control when creating your character’s face etc., but will probably end up with much better looking characters. I remember trying to use the “random” button in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and wow, the mutants that popped up; there were faces there that should have gotten me major bonuses to unattractiveness; maybe even a maxed-out, “un-marriable”, stat.
I forgot to mention these bits from the podcast too:
-There will be 'less' freedom when customizing faces, but it's for the better. Also, instead of simply preseting the entire face, you can sample presets from different parts of the face like the nose or mouth, and then adjust them accordingly.

-They had a team spend two entire years on the dragons alone. These mothers are bad.

-Tons of companion options available, though not as many as with deep personalities. They actually had it to the point where you could make literally anyone your companion and well... you can imagine how that turned out. Since taking that out, there are many mercenary-type companions but some fewer 'deep' characters. I'm assuming the latter are probably quest[line]-related.

----Edit: fix'd

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

The pictures doesn't allow for image linking unless you visited the site the images are hosted on. You see them fine because you've already visited them on their host site, but we can't see shit. Can you re-upload them on ImageShack or something?

Awards

^ It's not just dealing with a host-site, but it seems they've actually taken the pictures down. That means we'll have to settle for reduced pictures from leech sites until they surface again...

For now:

Gamereactor cover's pretty cool.
q7Mvn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/q7Mvn.jpg

---

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim - Haufenweise neue Details zu Skills und Schauplätzen aufgetaucht

Following Skills for Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim announced:
• Alchemy
• Illusion
• Conjuration
• Destruction
• Restoration
• Alteration
• Enchantment

Following places are for Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim announced:
• Solitude
• Markarth
• Dawnstar
• Winter Hold
• Windhelm
• Whiterun
• Riften
• Falkreath

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I think they might sell that gamereactor magazine close to where I live, if so I buy it on friday. (no school today or tomorow)

ChrisP

Are the places announced cities or regions or just flat out places like settlements, caves, forts, etc.?

Awards

Are the places announced cities or regions or just flat out places like settlements, caves, forts, etc.?
There's apparently five 'big' cities in the game, but the rest of these are important cities and/or regions.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Skyrim

Skyrim_map_Oblivion.jpg

PGE1-map-Skyri.jpg

Falkreath
A city in Southern Skyrim.

High Hrothgar

The famed mountain known as Snow-Throat, where the Greybeards live and Shor created man.

Whiterun
A city in Eastern Skyrim.

'Hrothgar and Whiterun, once places with powerful economies, have been crippled by floods, droughts, and fires, along with attacks from frost trolls and bandits. The area is now under the control of Jsashe, the leader of the local witches coven, and a self-proclaimed priestess of Lorkhan, although the area is still struggling.'

Markarth Side

A city in Western Skyrim.

Rifton

A city in Southeastern Skyrim.

Solitude

One of the most influential and wealthy counties in Skyrim, rival of Winterhold. It is located in Northwestern Skyrim.

Dawnstar
A city in the north of Skyrim.

'Solitude, always one of the richest and most influential counties in Skyrim, has grown ever more powerful, controlling much of the northern coastline following King Thian's alliance by marriage with Macalla, the Queen of Dawnstar.'

Windhelm
A city in Northeastern Skyrim.

Winterhold
A wealthy and influential county in Skyrim. It is heavily affected by Dunmer ways and ideas, being close to the border. It contains the Ysmir Collective, and the well known College of Winterhold. It is located in Northeastern Skyrim.

'There are also influences from Morrowind, such as in the city of Winterhold, Solitude's rival, since refugees from Morrowind escape there, bringing new ideas, cultures, and stimulating the economy.'

ChrisP

That's good to know. Has the main city been announced yet? (If there is going to be one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back