• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eight Part Series on Bible Prophecy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Especially for those who believe in the Bible:

I know not too many people believe in the Bible on these forums, but for those who do I thought this would be a nice thing to consider. There is an eight part mini-series of Bible-based articles that will start to be published in print beginning in May.

The series is entitled: The Bible: A Book of Accurate Prophecy

As each article starts out, the purpose of these articles are as follows,

In this eight-part series, “Awake!” will discuss an outstanding feature of the Bible —its prophecies, or predictions. The articles will help you to answer these questions: Are Bible prophecies merely the work of clever humans? Do these predictions bear the hallmark of divine inspiration? We invite you to weigh the evidence.

Each article takes a brief look at some prophecies in the Bible and compares and contrasts Biblical and historical records from secular sources.

The first three parts are available online already (they are pdf files).

Part I. "I Shall Make a Great Nation Out of You." (pages 15-18)
  • Prophecy 1: “I shall make a great nation out of you [Abraham].”—Genesis 12:2.
  • Prophecy 2: “Your [Abraham’s] seed will become an alien resident in a land not theirs, and they will have to serve them . . . But in the fourth generation they will return here.” —Genesis 15:13, 16.
  • Prophecy 3: “I will give to . . . your seed . . . the entire land of Canaan.”—Genesis 17:8.

Part II. "Flee From Babylon" (pages 12-14)
  • Prophecy 1: “For the reason that you [the Israelites] did not obey my [God’s] words, here I am sending . . . to Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, . . . and I will bring them [the Babylonians] against this land and against its inhabitants . . . And all this land must become a devastated place, an object of astonishment, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon seventy years.”—Jeremiah 25:8-11
  • Prophecy 2: “In accord with the fulfilling of seventy years at Babylon I [Jehovah] shall turn my attention to you people [the Jewish exiles], and I will establish toward you my good word in bringing you back to this place [the land of Judah].”—Jeremiah 29:10.
  • Prophecy 3: “Babylon, the decoration of kingdoms, the beauty of the pride of the Chaldeans, must become as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. She will never be inhabited.”—Isaiah 13:19, 20.

Part III. "We Have Found The Messiah" (pages 22-24)
  • Prophecy 1: “He will sit on David’s kingly throne.”—Isaiah 9:7, “Knox.”
  • Prophecy 2: “O Bethlehem Ephrathah, the one too little to get to be among the thousands of Judah, from you there will come out to me the one who is to become ruler in Israel.” —Micah 5:2.
  • Prophecy 3: “From the going forth of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Leader, there will be seven weeks, also sixty-two weeks.”—Daniel 9:25.
  • Prophecy 4: “He will make his burial place even with the wicked ones, and with the rich class in his death.”—Isaiah 53:9.

So for those who have been keeping up, here's the latest for August 2012.

Part IV. "The Bible Foretold That Christ Would Suffer and Die" (pages 18-20)

• Prophecy 1: “My back I gave to the strikers.” —Isaiah 50:6
  • Prophecy 2: “He poured out his soul to the very death.” (Isaiah 53:12) Adding more information, Psalm 22:16 states: “A band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.”—“New International Version.”

Updated now with September's

Part V. "Good News For All Mankind" (pages 13-15)

• Prophecy 1: “In all the nations the good news has to be preached first.” (Mark 13:10) “You will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the most distant part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8.)
  • Prophecy 2: “People will deliver you up to local courts, and you will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them.” (Mark 13:9.)
  • Prophecy 3: “Oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.” (Acts 20:
    29, 30) “There will also be false teachers among you. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects . . . , and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.” (2 Peter 2:1, 2.)

Since the articles are now being published online, I won't put up the outline for these since it's as easy as a click away:

Part 6: "The Last Days" Accurate Bible Prophecy

Part 7: "The End Will Come" Accurate Bible Prophecy

We can look through them, discuss them, and other Bible prophecy for those interested. When the other articles are released (on a monthly basis) I'll post them up.

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I'm interested bro! I just did a seminar at my church titled "Walk Thru the Old Testament". it highlights a lot of the major events within the old testament.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Yeee, boi. I read the Tanakh ('cause I'm a Jew) and I read the Bible ('cause I want to educate myself). As a Jew I don't believe the Bible (or Qur'an or any other doctrine) is a valid religious text (it is said by Rambam (philosopher and Jewish religious scholar Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon a.k.a. Maimonides) and agreed by thousands of other rabbis that there will be no other Torah) -- BUT I understand that as a Christian you have a duty to study the Jewish Tanakh, am I correct? Since it makes up the most part of your religion.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I'm interested bro! I just did a seminar at my church titled "Walk Thru the Old Testament". it highlights a lot of the major events within the old testament.

That's good; look into the scriptures. So far most of the above articles mainly deal with the OT save for the one about the messiah. It is dealing with both the OT and NT.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
When I get the time I will definately read the articles. I may try to read through the OT, I just need to pace it so that when I hit leviticus, I don't crash and burn

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
When I get the time I will definately read the articles. I may try to read through the OT, I just need to pace it so that when I hit leviticus, I don't crash and burn

Awesome.

I find that if you're not used to reading the scriptures too much, or parts of it that you aren't used to, try 15-mins a day and work it up from there.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back