• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ehh... ._. Scratch Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Ehh.. I kinda.. made a mistake ._.

Let's just say I was trying to wipe something off my monitor, and I took something with a grainy edge to do it. There are two extremely long scratches that are there.. nothing is working.. ._.

Anyone know how I can get rid of the scratches?

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
MegaFlare said:
Ehh.. I kinda.. made a mistake ._.

Let's just say I was trying to wipe something off my monitor, and I took something with a grainy edge to do it. There are two extremely long scratches that are there.. nothing is working.. ._.

Anyone know how I can get rid of the scratches?

Have you tried some of the 'liquid' cd-repair stuff..? That might work.. unless they are extremely deep scratchs..

A cheaper option that might work sounds wierd.. but it works on some cds.. and there's a few people that'll atest to it, too!
Toothpaste... you heard right.. try a lil' toothpaste.
Just look on the web for repairing a cd with toothpaste.
(It should work under the same principle for your monitor.. so yea.. e.e)
It basically recrystalizes in alignment with the 'scratch' so it should be almost invisible, if done correctly..

Although from what I've read, MegaFlare..
Do NOT try to 'polish' the scratch out.. CRT (Which is what I'm guessing you have..) have a very, very thin film coating. Any attempt to polish the scratch may only further ruin the monitor. Also, if they are deep scratches.. you might have a compromised CRT.

Meaning that your CRT may explode.. (Just the glass screen.)
And you wouldn't want to be using it at the time.
So if they are deep, just go to a yardsale, and get another one.. they are pretty cheap.
But that's just a warning for you. I can't really say what'll happen, because I haven't seen the scratches or anything. e.e

~~Azurith

I hope one of those works.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Thanks! Well.. I don't think they're deep enough that they'll explode.. BUT.. they are deep enough that it is completely distracting because there's two colorful lines (actually like, four) going down the center of my monitor ~_~

I'll try the toothpaste option and I know I have some CD repair things but I've heard it doesn't help for the visibility of CDs, it only makes them work better. Meaning, the scratches won't disappear. In my case, I just want to make minimize the appearance of the scratches as much as I possibly can.

T

The Marauder

If all else fails, use cyanoacrylate (super glue). It will fill the gap, but might leave it slightly blurry.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Nail polish.. on my monitor?

Guess it's worth a try.. so far no one has noticed the scratches.. which is EXCELLENT.. although I dont see how, I can see them just clearly and it irritates me..

I'll try nail polish after I try toothpaste. Super glue last.. I'm scared to use that on my monitor. ._. Thanks guys for the tips, keep them coming ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back