• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EDIT: DAYS GOT ALL OF THE AWARDS EXPECTED! BEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

huanglulu

Re: 358/2 Days didnt get the awards expected :(

Sorry if this is already posted but I searched GoNintendo 2009 and got nothing

So I remember a thread where everyone was voting for 358/2 Days hoping it wins alot of awards in the GoNintendo 2009, but it only won 2 :(

GoNintendo - Nintendo Power summary - Awards wrap-up, best of the decade, reviews

Best DS graphics and "Finish Strong"

Oh well :(

Here are the awards I think it could have gotten... well... some of them are far fetched :3

Best Adventure Game
Best New Character
Best Action Game
Best Sound
Best Multiplayer

DS Game of the Year

The 2 award it won was well deserved the graphic was quite good despite being on a DS console. The award which i think the game should get is Best Multiplayer and Best New Character

αsiя;4852216 said:
im surprised it even won two
it shouldnt really got nothing
if it wasnt a kh game then it would stunk badly

Why do you think it shouldnt have gotten any award??

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards

Yess i agree Days isn't as good as KH1 or KH2 is... But it does have the best graphics, i found myself lauging a lot when facing the emerald serenades or the loudmouth... I would've have never bought another DS if KH days wasn't on it (even for COM, i would've just bought a PS2 for Re:CoM) well my mom bought it...

IMO, it was the best game of the year, best new character, and yes i believe it has the best music (if your music teacher likes it.. well that's a good sign for it having good music) best multiplayer.. yess.

All IMHO.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

I honestly think the only award it deserves is the best DS graphics, which it did get.
But, really, the others? No, just no. Days overall kind of sucks, imo, and the only thing redeeming is the gameplay. The storyline is dull and boring until around day 300.

I'm pretty glad it didn't win Best New Character (I've played a couple of the games up there, and Xion does NOT deserve that, so it's not just because I don't like her)

Allister Rose

French Lover

i dont tihnk it would have won bestadventure game or bestnewcharacter, though i did like xion alot.

Awards

Best Adventure Game
Playing through relatively the same places as KH1/KH2, with relatively the same enemies and relatively the same gameplay. Even if the game should be praised for its faithful replication on a handheld, the fact alone that it's a replication does not warrant it winning the title.

Best New Character
Xion is a pretty polarizing character among the fandom, so if I were to explain why she isn't a good character, I'd be largely preaching to the choir.

But there's another reason why she doesn't deserve it, and it's because she can hardly be considered a new character at all. At best, she's a replica (literally and metaphorically), of two other characters who already technically have their own "replicas" (Nobodies). It works once, not twice.

Best Sound
Again, replicated. 95% of the sounds are recycled effects and songs. Xion's theme, as good as it was, doesn't do enough.

Best Multiplayer
When was the last time you used Days Multiplayer? And I don't mean by yourself, I mean, you know, with multiple players.

It suffers without a Wi-Fi option but even with one, it still wouldn't win the award. There's just not enough re-playability to keep people coming back. You're essentially doing the same thing as you were in the single player campaign... and the other repeat missions (eg when you were getting sigils). The only difference is that there's multiple people.

Not to mention, as much as there was a difference in the playstyle of each character, it wasn't that noticeable. Overall, hitting the exact same buttons with one character will produce the same results as they would with another.

DS Game of the Year
See the aforementioned.

T

The Spoiler

It seems everyone has forgotten that Days is the worst of the KH series. Odd that you put shit on a pedestal.
But this is DS games of 2009. It was better than pretty much all of the other DS games in 2009 IMO

ALso, please remember that everything is my opinion, and I know you dont all agree. I havent played maybe 2 of the games on the awards but IMO I think Days was deserving.

Last edited:

3keybladewielder

C2's Warlock

It seems everyone has forgotten that Days is the worst of the KH series. Odd that you put shit on a pedestal.

well sorry it's on the ps2 how u enjoy playing glossy 3d games but for us we play it beacuse we don't own a ps2 facepalm

NumberVIII

well sorry it's on the ps2 how u enjoy playing glossy 3d games but for us we play it beacuse we don't own a ps2 facepalm

...not necessarily? Some of us (lots of us...) have a ps2 and a DS, and we enjoy all of the games equally.

By the way, is it at all possible to make your sig smaller? :|

αsiя

space coke

TheSpoiler said:
But this is DS games of 2009. It was better than pretty much all of the other DS games in 2009 IMO
You obviously didnt play Spirit Tracks

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

If you don't own a PS2 by now, you are an idiot.

There are a LOT of games better than Days. I highly prized Spirit Tracks over Days. It was the first game I wanted to play out of my Christmas stash.

3keybladewielder

C2's Warlock

There are a LOT of games better than Days. I highly prized Spirit Tracks over Days. It was the first game I wanted to play out of my Christmas stash.

shamisenshamisenfacepalmfacepalm

oh so im an idot for not wanting to spend money on a system that is rarely done any more with any 1 every 1 moved to 360 kid

NumberVIII

αsiя;4853159 said:
You obviously didnt play Spirit Tracks

Wait...really? You guys honestly thought Spirit Tracks was better? ._.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Zelda. I've been a Zelda fan my whole life and am a much bigger Zelda fan than KH fan, but I was highly disappointed by Spirit Tracks. I've never disliked any Zelda game I've ever played, and I actually loved Phantom Hourglass, but Spirit Tracks was such a letdown for me. I enjoyed Days much more.

SilverCyrus

TBH Im not that surprised.
I couldn't see it being on a list,

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

shamisenshamisenfacepalmfacepalm

oh so im an idot for not wanting to spend money on a system that is rarely done any more with any 1 every 1 moved to 360 kid

The PS2 has been around for a long time, has some of the most unforgettable and awesome games, and is now relatively cheap. Games are still being produced for the PS2. No one "moved to the 360". Some people bought one but no one decided to sell their PS2's. If you come to a site based around a PS2 game that you claim to enjoy but do not own a PS2, then yes. You are an idiot.

Also, I am 18, you are 15. It is ironic that you called me a child when you are one in body and in mentality.

S

Shadow Soldier

Mario and Luigi is better. That deserves DS game of the year.

Take out the characters and title from Days, and you wouldn't be cheering for it. It's an average game that's just made for fan service.

αsiя

space coke

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Zelda. I've been a Zelda fan my whole life and am a much bigger Zelda fan than KH fan, but I was highly disappointed by Spirit Tracks. I've never disliked any Zelda game I've ever played, and I actually loved Phantom Hourglass, but Spirit Tracks was such a letdown for me. I enjoyed Days much more.

SP was way better than PH
SP might be a stunker to the LoZ series (but it isnt) but its still a GOD compared to Days

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Heres the thing about Days...

The Story was a good story but it was not a good story to be inserted into the series. As it's own game, Great, as a KH Game, Bad.

But... CODED SPOLIERS
Xion is somehow one of the people needed of saving along with TVA, Roxas, Namine & Axel. So she might get a reason to exist beyond and possibly before Days. So,

With future games our opinion on the Game might change.

It's no surprise it got Best Graphics for DS. Full 3D Worlds and Characters with the best Cutscene Graphics ever seen on DS, though there was few of them, but we can blame that on the memory those little Cards hold.

Finish Strong?
I guess it means that, no matter how boring it got through the first 300 Days, you, for no good reason, kept playing it.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Days, it's just had a bad impact on KH as a whole.

Cherryjuice

Here is a list with all the nominees for the awards, might help a little: Nintendo Addict - Nintendo Power Awards 2009

Well, i would have been sad, if it HAD won more.

Best graphics was predictable and I can't deny that the graphics where gorgeous.
But best music for a bunch of recycled tracks and a handful new ones and not really good voice acting (the actors can do better, I know it!)

Days really wasn't that great, I was really disappointed when I finished it. Seriously was expecting more, not gameplaywise, the gameplay was alright (we ARE talking about the DS after all), but the story was.. meh. KH does deserve more than a filler (whether you see it as one or not) like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back