• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Ed, Edd, n Eddy: Oogie's Revenge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Hello all! After finally completing E,E,n E's: Nightmare Before Xmas, I am currently working on the sequel. However, I'm still in the process of finishing Chapter One, but I do bring you a brief summary of what had happened during their first adventure. I bring you, the Prologue.

~Prologue...~

December 23. 10:00 P.M. In the small town of Peach Creek, a young boy was heading off to bed. He had to get his beauty rest. The next few days were going to be big days. Thank goodness it was Christmas Vacation.The young boy was named Eddy. He and his two friends, Ed and Edd, known by everyone as Double D, had just finished another day of messing around in the snow. As he made his way through his snazzy disco-theme room, complete with a record player and a mirror ball, his eyes stopped at his desk.

Sitting on his desk was one of his big brother’s old maps. But it wasn’t like his other maps, which usually led Eddy into trouble. This was a magical map. One that held a lot of value to Eddy. As he gazed at the map, Eddy began to remember what he had been doing at this time last year.

---
On Halloween night of last year, Eddy had found the old map in his attic. He, Double D, and Ed followed it until they had found a strange jack o’ lantern door carved in a tree deep in the woods outside of Peach Creek. They had been pulled into another world; a world in which Halloween was created and it was called Halloween Town.

In Halloween Town, the Stouthearted Eds, as they had begun to call themselves, met the ruler of Halloween, a very tall but kind skeleton named Jack Skellington, known by the townspeople as the Pumpkin King. However, Jack had become dissatisfied with doing the same old thing year after year, and he was depressed. He wanted something new and he got it. Well, sort of.

Before the Stouthearted Eds knew it, they, along with Jack, discovered another new town, called Christmas Town. But Ed went missing in the town, and while Eddy and Double D were searching for him, they ended up meeting Jack face to face. Jack, who had never heard of any other Halloween, was immediately captivated and recruited Eddy and Double D to help him bring Christmas to Halloween Town since they were “experts” on the subject.

When Eddy learned that Jack wanted to take over Christmas for himself, even though he really didn’t understand it, he was against the idea and the fact that Jack knew Eddy had been spying on him didn’t help either. But when Eddy learned that Jack would also be making the presents, he pretended to go along with it so he could get his free present. But Double D and Sally, one of Jack’s friends, knew that it definitely wasn’t going to work.

Eddy and Double D finally reunited with Ed in the town hall. Ed had been off looking for a way to become one of Santa’s elves, but he couldn’t find it, so he ended up following three brats named Lock, Shock, and Barrel back to Halloween Town. Jack instructed Lock, Shock, and Barrel to bring Santa Claus, or “Sandy Claws” as Jack called him, to Halloween Town.

Ed, suspicious of the three kids, ended up following them and learning that they were planning to do terrible things to Santa, along with their boss; some guy named “Oogie Boogie.” But luckily, Ed was able to stall the process by tricking Lock, Shock, and Barrel into taking the Easter Rabbit instead of Santa.

But unfortunately, the three brats got it right on the second time. Double D, Sally, and even Eddy tried one last time to talk Jack out of the plan, but Jack was too preoccupied to listen and despite Jack’s orders, Lock, Shock, and Barrel took Santa to Oogie Boogie, who kidnapped Santa along with Ed.
Sally finally resorted to creating a fog so Jack couldn’t take off, but all this did was give Eddy an opportunity to sneak into Jack’s sleigh without being seen. Thanks to Jack’s dog, Zero, the sleigh did take off, with Eddy still inside.

Jack began putting his macabre presents inside every home in Peach Creek, and tricked Eddy into coming out of his hiding spot. Eddy was mad at first, but not for long. After Jack began a conversation about Eddy’s map of Halloween Town, the two found out that Eddy’s brother was actually one of Jack’s old friends. As they rode through the sky, Eddy and Jack were just beginning to become friends until military units shot down the “imposter that was mangling Christmas.”

Jack and Eddy landed in the cemetery outside of town, and Jack, after a small pity-fest, finally saw the error of his ways. He and Eddy knew that they were the only ones who could set things right, so they headed back for Halloween Town. But things weren’t so good there, either. When Double D and Sally heard about the military units, they went to Oogie’s hideout, in hopes of rescuing Santa and Ed. But Oogie caught them, and almost sent all four of them into a cauldron of molten lava.

Jack and Eddy got there just in time and after a short showdown with the gambling sack of bugs, they sent Oogie barreling into his own lava. Now that everything was safe, Santa went off to fix the things Jack had messed up.

Jack, Sally, and the Eds went back to Halloween Town, where they were greeted by the overjoyed townspeople. Santa brought snow to the town, and the Eds even got jawbreakers, though Eddy gave his to Jack. Then, as the Eds were leaving, they saw Jack and Sally reveal their true feelings for each other at the top of Spiral Hill.

When Eddy got home, he was swamped with over a month’s worth of undone homework. But for some reason, probably because compared to what he had just gone through, homework was nothing, Eddy felt like doing it and he actually got it all done too. Thankfully, it was easy creating an excuse for Eddy’s parents. They had jobs that caused them to leave before Eddy woke up in the morning, and come home in the late evening, when Eddy was already in bed. Sure, they were never home, but they had just assumed that Eddy had just done his daily routine. Enough said.

And there you have it! Look out for Chapter One as it will be posted up real soon.

Aphex

.Inspire.
~Chapter 1: A New Stouthearted Adventure~

As the memories drifted through Eddy’s head, he switched off his overhead light and turned on his lava lamp. He laid down and buried himself under the covers. His eyelids began to flutter shut. But just as he was about to fall asleep.

“HURRY, JACK!”

Eddy shot up. His eyes must have been as wide as dinner plates. He looked around his dimly lit room. There was nobody there. So then why did he just hear a woman’s voice just now? And even weirder, it sounded very familiar. "Sal-"

RING!

Eddy’s phone ringing jarred him from his thoughts. He quickly picked it up and answered it.

“Hello?” he asked cautiously.

“Eddy?” Eddy relaxed when he heard Double D’s voice on the other end. “Eddy, you’re going to think I’m crazy, but I just heard...”

“Hello? Hello?”

“Ed?” asked Eddy.

“Who’s there?” asked Ed.

“As I was saying,” said Double D. “I was about to go to sleep, and I heard Sally’s voice, Eddy! But when I sat up, there was no one there!”

“Miss Sally was in your room too, Double D?” asked Ed.

“You guys heard it too, then?” asked Eddy.

“This is quite queer, gentlemen,” said Double D. “Why would we all hear Sally’s voice here, now? Shouldn’t she be back in Halloween Town?”

“Yeah, she should,” said Eddy. “What did she say?”

“‘Hurry, Jack!’” said Ed, imitating Sally’s voice.

“That’s what I heard her say, too,” said Double D. “Do you think something happened to Jack?”

Eddy began to ponder this. Then he gazed at the map on his desk. “Boys, get some costumes on and meet me at the entrance to the woods,” he said. “We’re gonna take an unscheduled field trip.”

Last edited:

Aphex

.Inspire.
~Chapter 2: Meeting in the Woods~

Eddy was trying to be patient as he waited at the entrance to the woods. Before he had left his house, he had made a vampire costume for himself out of one of his dad’s shirts, an old cape, some dress pants, and some plastic fangs. Eddy shifted. He looked down at the bag of Halloween candy he had brought with him. Where were they? How long had it been, like, three minutes?

Just then, Double D ran up. He seemed to resort to drastic measures in terms of his costume as well. He seemed to have simply wrapped his whole body up in first aid bandages. At least he looked like a decent mummy.

“Oh dear, am I late?” asked Double D.

“Yes,” said Eddy. “Where have you been the past three minutes?”

Double D sighed. “Remind me why we’re doing this again?” he asked.

“We’re just gonna see how things are doing in Halloween Town, that’s all,” said Eddy. “You know, see if Jack’s okay.”

“Sure,” said Double D. “And why do you have the bag of candy you got on Halloween?”

Eddy looked down at the bag. “It’s for if I get hungry,” he said simply.

“Oh, please,” said Double D. “Halloween Town’s, what, a fifteen-minute walk? Moreover, that candy’s probably not very filling. Your stomach’s still going to be empty, no matter how much you eat!”

“Whatever,” said Eddy. “Hey, speaking of empty, where the heck is Ed?”

“Maybe he already went in,” said Double D.

“What?” said Eddy. “But I said -”

“Yes, you said,” said Double D. “But when does Ed usually listen to you?”

Eddy groaned. As much as he hated to admit it, Double D was right. Not much logic got to Ed’s tiny brain. He reached in his pocket and got the magic map.

“Here,” he said, handing the map to Double D. “You know I can’t read it.”

“Of course,” said Double D. “Don’t worry, Eddy. I’m sure we’ll find Ed.”

“Yeah?” asked Eddy. “I guess, if he doesn’t try to sneak off to Christmas Town to try and become an elf again.”

---

And so Double D and Eddy ventured into the woods, following the magic map once again. Only this time, they knew exactly where they were going, but they were short one Stouthearted Ed.

“Man, I swear, if Ed causes any trouble by himself...” Eddy grumbled.

“Oh, come on Eddy,” said Double D. “I admit, Ed’s behavior is somewhat... questionable, but seriously, how much trouble could he cause?”

“Just think about it for a minute,” said Eddy.

So Double D thought. Then his eyes widened. “I guess you’re right,” he said. “Let’s hope we find him soon.”

At that point, the jack o’ lantern door was in sight. And Eddy was seeing something else. There, at the base of the door, was Ed. And he was wearing his old monster costume. The same one he used to terrorize the town that one time.

“Hey, Monobrow!” called Eddy.

But they were too far away for Ed to hear them. As Eddy and Double D ran to their friend, calling out his name, Ed simply opened the door and jumped in.

Double D ran up to the now open door, panting heavily.

“Wow, Double D,” said Eddy. “You oughta try out for cross-country, you’re so good at running.”

Double D ignored that comment. “Ed!” he called through the open door. “Get up here and close this door!”

“Yeah, like that’s gonna work,” said Eddy. “Let’s just go, so we can catch him!”

“Right!” said Double D.

Then Eddy ran up, still holding his bag of candy, and dove head first into the door. Double D cautiously looked down into the darkness, closed his eyes, and jumped in next. The jack o’ lantern door closed behind them.

---

Eddy landed on solid ground first. He grunted as Double D fell on top of him. They were now in the woods outside of Halloween Town, known as the Hinterlands. Behind him was another door, this one shaped like one of the houses from Peach Creek.

Eddy pushed Double D off of him, thankful that his candy bag hadn’t broken, and looked around. Then he groaned again. There was no sign of Ed.

“Ed, you idiot!” Eddy said out loud. “Why didn’t you wait for us?”

“Oh, dear,” said Double D, getting up. “Did you see what he had on? Oh, I do hope we don’t have a repeat of what happened the last time Ed wore that thing.”

“What are you talking about?” asked Eddy. “That was hilarious!”

“Oh.” grumbled Double D. “Can we just move on so we can get back home?”

“Fine,” said Eddy.

---

Eddy and Double D walked through the woods in silence. And as they walked, they began to notice something different about the woods. It seemed a lot more bare than the last time they were here. Had some trees been cut down? And even worse, all the trees looked the same, so Double D had to concentrate very hard to keep his coordinates straight. And even then, they still felt lost. Then, after a while of walking, just when Eddy and Double D began to feel that they knew where they were.

“ARR!”

The sudden shriek was inches away from Double D’s back. Of course, Double D, being as fragile as he was, jumped into the air, slamming into Eddy, knocking him down and making him drop his bag. Eddy’s candy spilled out all over the ground.

“My candy...” Eddy groaned.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, Eddy! Did I make you do that?”

Eddy and Double D turned around. They knew who it was behind them.

“Hi Jack,” the two boys said together.

Sure enough, there, standing behind Eddy and Double D, was Jack Skellington himself. He had his usual black and white pinstripe suit on, and he had a big bag slung over his back.

“Hello, boys,” said Jack. “Fancy meeting you two here. I almost didn’t recognize you. You have different costumes on.” Then he noticed that there was someone missing. “Hey, where’s Ed?”

“We were just about to ask you the same thing,” said Eddy, who began to crawl around and pick up his candy.

“Ed got away from us again, Jack,” said Double D. “You haven’t seen him, have you? He’s dressed in a big, gray monster costume.”

Jack thought for a minute. “No, sorry,” he said. “But what brings you two to Halloween Town at this time of year?”

“We just thought we’d check up on you guys, see how everyone’s doing,” said Eddy.

“Jack, what’s in the bag?” asked Double D.

Jack looked at the bag slung over his shoulder. “What, this?” asked Jack. “Well, you see, I’ve been out searching for new discoveries for next Halloween. I wanted something new. I do hope the townspeople haven’t missed me too much.”

“So, you haven’t even been in Halloween Town?” asked Double D.

“Not since Halloween, no,” said Jack.

“That was two months ago!” said Double D.

“New discoveries, huh?” asked Eddy. “I hope you weren’t looking for them in Christmas Town.” he said suspiciously.

“Oh, no,” said Jack. “You don’t have to worry about that, boys. I’ve learned my lesson. No more taking over other holidays.”

“Good,” said Double D. “I’m glad to hear that.”

“Hey, did you find that weird bracelet while traveling?” asked Eddy, pointing to Jack’s wrist.

Jack looked at the bright green bracelet wrapped around his right wrist. “Oh, no,” he said. “You see, the doctor made this for me. He calls it the “Soul Robber.” It’s quite amazing. Just watch.”

Jack put his sack down and aimed for a nearby fallen branch. He flicked his wrist. Suddenly, the Soul Robber shot out and grabbed the branch, pulling it to Jack.

“No way...” said Eddy as he stood up. He had just finished picking up his candy.

“Oh my...” said Double D. Then a big grin appeared on his face. “What a discovery! I’m speechless! I mean, this is an absolute coup! The control over its projectile! Why -”

Eddy wrapped his arm around his friend. “I thought you were speechless,” he said. “But anyway, that thing’s cool, Jack. I bet Ed would flip if he saw that!”

“Which reminds me. He’s still missing... again,” said Double D.

“Well, who knows?” asked Jack. “Maybe he’s already in Halloween Town.”

“Let’s hope so,” said Double D. “Oh, I hope he’s not causing any trouble for the townspeople.”

And so, Jack, along with Double D and Eddy, ventured onto Halloween Town. But little did they know, all was not well.

Aphex

.Inspire.
~Chapter 3: Jack's Return~

Before long, Jack, Double D, and Eddy made it to the gate that led into Halloween Town. But as they entered, all three of them immediately sensed that something was wrong.

“That’s strange,” said Jack. “The town’s deserted...”

“Hey, it’s a ghost town!” joked Eddy.

“And apparently not the good kind.” said Double D.

There was nobody on the streets at all. The only sound they could hear was the water running through the fountain at the center of town. Jack, Double D, and Eddy took a few steps forward, then...

CLANG!

They turned back around. The gate leading out of Halloween Town had slammed down, preventing anyone from leaving.

“What the?” asked Eddy.

Then, the three heard a soft growl behind them. They turned around. There, standing in front of them, was a group of skeletons. But they certainly didn’t look like Jack.

“Oh!” said Jack, stepping forward. “I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Jack. Jack Skell -”

But before Jack could finish, one of the skeletons lashed out to try and claw the Pumpkin King. Jack jumped back just in time. Eddy and Double D stared wide-eyed.

Jack whipped out the Soul Robber. “You - you’re not from Halloween Town, are you?” he asked the skeletons.

“Now what?” asked Double D.

“Just stand back, boys,” said Jack. “I’ll take care of this.”

The Soul Robber whipped out and grabbed one of the skeletons. Jack flicked his arm so he sent the skeleton he had a grip on slamming into the others. The skeletons seemed dangerous, but they were fragile. They immediately broke upon contact with the Soul Robber.

When all the skeletons were gone, Jack retracted the Soul Robber, panting lightly.

“What on earth was that all about?” asked Double D.

MAAAAAOWWWW!

Just then, a very loud siren began to ring out throughout the town.

“Whoa!” said Eddy, covering his ears. “Who’s stepping on the cat?”

Then, another sound could be heard. It sounded like microphone feedback.

“Testing - testing! Is this thing on?”

Jack, Double D, and Eddy froze in place at this new voice. They definitely knew where they had heard that voice before.

“My dearly abhorred citizens of Halloween Town, this is Oogie Boogie speaking! Today, I bring you a joyous announcement! First of all, in place of Jack Skellington, yours truly is now the new ruler of Halloween Town! Second, today, at this very hour, at this exact moment, I hereby declare that this town’s name will be changed to Oogie Town! Ba ha ha ha ha!”

Jack, Eddy, and Double D just stood there and listened as Oogie talked. But what was Oogie even doing here? Hadn’t Eddy and Jack finished him off last year? Why were they hearing his voice now?

It wasn’t until they knew that Oogie was done talking that Eddy decided to speak. “Well, that was a rip-off,” he said. “He didn’t even tell us the joyous announcement.”

Jack looked worriedly across the town. “What happened while I was away?”

Just then, another sound was heard. It came from the direction of the town hall.

“Someone’s inside!” exclaimed Double D.

The three ran over to the entrance to the town hall. But Eddy was so focused on the situation at hand, he didn’t notice that during the scuffle with the skeletons, he had dropped something.

As the three ran over, someone else appeared at the entrance. But his back was turned to them, so Eddy and Double D couldn’t see who it was. Jack walked up to the new person. “Hey, what -”

“I’m not making any more traps!” said the new person, turning around to face the confused three. When he turned around, Eddy and Double D identified him as Mr. Hyde. “Oh, Jack!” said Mr. Hyde when he saw them. “It’s you! And Double D and Eddy, too!”

“What exactly happened while I was away?” asked Jack.

“Lock, Shock, and Barrel sewed Oogie back together,” explained Mr. Hyde. Then, his hat popped up, and the medium Mr. Hyde appeared. “Bugs, bags, and all,” said the medium Mr. Hyde. “Oogie is back!” said the littlest Mr. Hyde, appearing from the medium Mr. Hyde’s hat.

“What?” Double D asked in disbelief. “You’ve gotta be kidding me!” exclaimed Double D.

“Dr. Finkelstein proposed the ideas for next Halloween,” the largest Mr. Hyde continued. “He said you wanted a “dangerous Halloween,” so we set up booby traps all over town. He said that if we didn’t, you might never come back.”

“Do you think hurting people with skeletons and ghosts is my idea of a good Halloween?” asked Jack.

“Apparently not,” said Eddy.

“We just wanted you to come back,” said Mr. Hyde. “But then the ghosts and skeletons began to appear, and soon it wasn’t even safe to be on the streets anymore!”

“This is a disaster!” said Jack. “I’ve got to find the doctor!”

“And we’ve got to find Ed!” said Eddy.

“Oh, who knows what will happen if Ed runs into those things,” said Double D. “He has no means of defending himself!”

“Ed?” asked Mr. Hyde. “I haven’t seen him. But I did see a big, gray monster entering the town hall a few minutes ago.”

“That’s Ed!” Double D and Eddy said together.

“Well then, what are we waiting for?” asked Jack. “Let’s go in and get him!”

“My thoughts exactly!” said Double D.

“Be careful though,” said Mr. Hyde. “Those nasty ghosts were seen in there, as well.”

“I’m sure we can handle it,” said Eddy.

Then the three cautiously walked into the town hall.

---

The inside of the town hall was completely trashed. Chairs were turned over, curtains were tattered, windows were broken. But Eddy and Double D’s faces lit up when they saw who was sitting up on stage.

There was no question about it. That was Ed sitting up on the stage. But for some reason, his back was turned to them.

“Ed!” said Double D. “Thank goodness!”

“What the heck are you doing here, Lumpy?” asked Eddy. “Didn’t you hear us calling you back there?”

The two boys began to walk toward their friend, but as they were, Jack noticed something different about him.

“Wait!” Jack suddenly said.

Double D and Eddy stopped. “What?” asked Eddy. Then they saw what Jack meant.

As Ed began to stand up, they noticed that something was wrong.Ed’s costume was glowing black. They got an even bigger surprise when Ed turned around to face them.

Ed’s eyes were glowing yellow, this wasn’t the same Ed the two had known. That was Ed’s costume on stage so it had to be him still. What was going on? Then, Ed’s or rather, the monster’s mouth opened to speak, and the voice that came out wasn’t exactly the happy-go-lucky voice of the third Stouthearted Ed.

“JAAAA - AAAAACK!”

Eddy and Double D’s eyes widened. Even Jack looked shocked. Why was Oogie’s voice coming out of Ed’s mouth?

“Oh my,” said Double D. “This is serious, fellows! Oogie’s taken over Ed’s body!”

“How?” asked Jack.

“Well, I’m guessing it wasn’t too hard.” said Eddy.

“We have no choice, gentlemen!” said Double D. “For Ed’s sake, we’ll have to knock Oogie out of him!”

“What?” asked Jack. “But what if we hurt him?”

“Oh, that’s not going to be a problem,” said Eddy.

So, Jack readied his Soul Robber and aimed it at Ed - erm, Oogie. But as they began to fight, Oogie’s voice began to sing.

Oogie Boogie: Well, well, well!
Jack, the Pumpkin King!
And the Ed boys, huh?
Oh, I've been waiting!
So how do you like
My Oogie-Town?
Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Jack: It's over! It's over!
This time you've gone too far!
It's over, I'm serious!
Just who do you think you are?

Just because you’ve fooled the town
Doesn't make you king!
You'd better give up, surrender now!
We’re fixin' everything!

Oogie Boogie: That's what you think, ha!
But you couldn't be more wrong!
And this will be the last time
You hear the Boogie song!

Whoa-oh!

Ghosts: Whoa-oh!

Oogie Boogie: Whoa-oh!

Oogie Boogie: I'm the Oogie Boogie Man!

---

“Oogie, what have you done to everyone?” Jack asked as he jumped around the room, dodging Oogie and the ghosts’ attacks, while still hitting Ed’s body with the Soul Robber.

“They’re all under my control!” laughed Oogie.

Eddy and Double D were still standing near the main doors, since they had nothing to hit Oogie with. But that didn’t mean they couldn’t sing their complaints.

---

Edd: We see you're pretty proud of
All your booby-trapping schemes...

Eddy: But we can say you'll rule this town
Only in your dreams!

Oogie Boogie: Heh, that's funny boys, it was a dream!
But now it's coming true!
'Cause even my mere shadow knows
Jack’s days as king are through!

Whoa-oh!

Jack: Whoa-oh!

Edd, Eddy: Whoa-oh!

Jack, Edd, Eddy: Whoa-oh!

Jack: I'm the Pumpkin King!

BOOM!

With one last hit from the Soul Robber, Ed’s body suddenly went rigid. Then he seemed to be yelling out in pain. Eddy and Double D watched in stunned horror as a giant shadow version of Oogie exited Ed’s body. As for Ed himself, he collapsed on the ground, his monster head falling off in the process. To Eddy and Double D’s relief, Ed only seemed to be asleep.

The shadow Oogie began to melt into the ground. “Beginner’s luck, if you ask me,” he said as he melted. “Don’t worry. We’ll meet again...” Then it completely disappeared into the floor.

Jack, Eddy, and Double D ran up to their sleeping friend. Surprisingly, he didn’t seem to be aware that Jack had even hit him. He just laid there, snoring.

“Ed looks quite content, despite being possessed and attacked,” said Double D.

“Yeah, like one of the shot down monsters from his movies,” said Eddy. He climbed onto his friend’s chest and grabbed him by the collar. “He looks so natural,” he said to Jack and Double D. “Ed, oh Ed...” he said in a sweet voice. Then he shook his friend. “WAKE UP, SLEEPING BEAUTY!”

Ed’s eyes popped open. He looked around the town hall, then at Double D and Eddy. He smiled. “Hi, guys!” he said. “You made it!”

“Yeah, just barely,” said Eddy. “I told you to wait at the entrance of the woods, Ed!”

“Ed, are you aware that you were possessed by Oogie?” Double D asked, handing Ed his monster head. “And that the entire town has been deserted within a five-block radius of the town hall?”

“Not only that,” said Ed, “but I feel as though I was possessed by Oogie and that the entire town has been deserted within a five-block radius of the town hall.” Then Ed spotted the Pumpkin King standing there. “Hi, Jack!” he said, waving to him. “Cool bracelet.”

“Ed, are you saying you don’t remember anything that happened?” asked Double D.

“Um, hang on...” said Ed. “I remember coming into Halloween Town but there was nobody there. "I came into the big building behind the fountain to see if the two-faced Mayor guy was here, but then I suddenly fell asleep.”

“That must have been when he was possessed!” said Jack.

“The Mayor wasn’t here, Ed?” asked Double D.

“No,” said Ed. “But I found a wooden pumpkin!”

“What?” asked Eddy. “Ed, there’s no such thing as a wooden pumpkin!”

“Is too!” said Ed. “See?” Then he turned around and picked something up.

“OH!” Jack said when he saw what Ed was holding.

Ed held up a flat jack o’ lantern carving for Jack, Eddy, and Double D to see. “See?” he asked again. “I found it up here just before I fell asleep.”

“That’s the Halloween Holiday Door!” exclaimed Jack. “Now, what in the world is that doing here?”

Aphex

.Inspire.
~Chapter 4: Stouthearted Weapons~

“Man, I’m confused,” said Eddy as the group exited the town hall. “What exactly is going on?”

“Well, the most obvious thing is that it’s very, very bad,” said Double D.

Jack looked over at his house. “Well, it doesn’t look like they touched my house,” he said. “We might as well go there so we can straighten all this out.”

“If you say so.” said Eddy. He then decided to have some more candy. But when he reached for the bag in his pocket, he didn’t feel anything. Confused, Eddy began to pat his pockets, but he still didn’t feel anything. “Where’d my candy go?” he frantically asked.

“You must have dropped it back at that fight with the skeletons,” concluded Double D.

“Oh no!” said Eddy. He ran over near the fountain and began to crawl around on the ground, searching for his bag. “I worked hard for that candy! Where’d it go?”

“Oh, sure, Eddy,” said Double D.

“Here ya go, Eddy!” said Ed.

Eddy looked at Ed. But what he was holding wasn’t exactly what Eddy had in mind. “That’s Jack’s bag, stupid!” he said. “Hey, why didn’t they take Jack’s stuff? Why does everyone have to mess with me?”

“Oh, come now, Eddy,” said Double D. "Ed, you might as well put the Halloween Holiday Door in there. We're going to need it."

"Can do, Double D!" said Ed. He took the Halloween Holiday Door he had been holding and stuck it in the bag. Then he slung the bag over his back.

“Hey, what’s this?” asked Jack.

Ed and Double D looked over at the Pumpkin King. He was going to unlock his gate, when he had noticed a letter stuck to the gate.

Ed walked over and took the letter off. “Read to me what is on the pretty envelope, Double D,” he said, handing the letter to Double D.

“Forget the stupid letter!” said Eddy, who had gone back to searching. “Help me find my stupid candy bag!”

Double D opened the letter and began to read aloud. “Dear Jack,” he read. “Soon after you left, I held an assembly, and we began preparations for the most horrible Halloween yet! Chances are, once you return, you’ll be greeted by the most terrifying and horrific Halloween this town has seen! Don’t worry about a thing, Jack. Next year’s Halloween is sure to not disappoint you. November 15, The Mayor.” Double D stared at the Mayor’s handwriting. “Well Jack, it sure seems like the townspeople were doing their very best to please you.”

“I know,” said Jack. “That’s why I’m beginning to feel bad about leaving.”

“Well, my candy’s gone,” said Eddy, finally walking over. “Man, when I catch the sucker who took it...”

“Can we worry about that later, Eddy?” asked Double D. “We need to figure this out.”

“Right,” said Jack. “Follow me, boys.”

---

Ed was the first one into Jack’s room on the top floor. It was safe to say that he was excited to actually be in the Pumpkin King’s house. He excitedly looked around at all the cool stuff.

“Jack, you gotta love your room,” said Eddy, who had already been in Jack’s house once before.

Double D, on the other hand, was appalled at how horribly cluttered the room was. “Messy, messy, messy...” he muttered.

“I know,” Jack said sheepishly. “I’m a pack rat. I admit it.” He made his way through the mess and sat down in his rocking chair. “So, let’s review. What do we know so far?”

“Well, we know that Oogie is back,” said Eddy.

“And we know that the town’s been overrun by his lackeys,” said Double D.

“Jack, your room is so cool!” Ed awed as he proceeded to touch everything within his grasp.

“Uh... thank you, Ed,” said Jack.

“Ed, don’t touch!” said Double D.

“Oh, it’s all right,” said Jack. “You boys can make yourselves at home. Just ignore the mess.”

“Sweet!” said Eddy, sitting down in a nearby recliner.

Jack looked expectantly at Double D, who had not moved from his spot.

“I’ll stand,” Double D said shyly.

“Okay,” said Jack. “And what don’t we know?”

“Well, I don’t know where my candy is.” Eddy began.

“Besides that!” said Double D.

“Oh,” said Eddy. “We also don’t know what the Halloween Holiday Door was doing in the town hall, if that’s where Ed really found it.”

“Sure did, chief!” said Ed.

“Quite a mystery, indeed.” said Jack.

“Well, it doesn’t seem to matter,” said Double D. “As long as those monsters are around, we don’t have much of a chance. I mean, Eddy, Ed, and I have no means of defending ourselves! And that’s a problem.”

Jack suddenly sat up. “Maybe not.” he said. He stood up and began rummaging through his clutter. “You boys are in luck,” he said as he searched. “Somewhere in this mess are some old Christmas presents from last year I made. Perhaps they could be of use to us.”

“No fooling?” asked Eddy.

“That is lucky!” said Ed.

“Yeah,” said Jack. “Just start rooting around, boys. They’re in this mess somewhere.”

Eddy decided to start by searching between the cushions of the recliner. When he pulled his hand back out, a black object rested in it.

“Hey, a yo-yo!” said Eddy, getting up. “I’m a whiz at these things. Wanna see me walk the dog?” Eddy got the yo-yo ready and let it drop. But then he got a surprise. When the yo-yo hit the ground, spikes popped out of it! “WHOA!” Eddy jumped, causing the yo-yo to collapse. The spikes popped back into the yo-yo.

“Oh, Eddy!” said Jack. “You found one of the toys! I call that one the Yo-Yo Mace.”

“Yeah?” asked Eddy. “Well, I’d prefer to have a toy that won’t turn my hand into a pincushion!”

“Oh, it won’t hurt you,” said Jack. “The spikes pop out when the yo-yo comes in contact with another solid object, but not your hand! Genius, huh?”

“If you say so,” said Eddy, winding the Yo-Yo Mace up and starting it again.

“I don’t know, Jack,” said Double D as he sorted through the mess. “I question the structural integrity of that thing... oh, what’s this?” Double D pulled a gray rattle out of the mess.

“Oh, I bet I know what that does!” said Ed. “It turns you into a pirate!”

Double D looked at the rattle. “I guess that’s one way to interpret the skull and crossbones.” he said, looking at the design. He gently shook the rattle. His face went pale when a ring of spikes popped out of it.

“There’s another one,” said Jack.

“And what’s this one called?” Double D asked while his free hand clutched his chest.

“The Death Rattle,” said Jack.

Double D rolled his eyes when he realized the pun. “‘Death Rattle’... ” he mumbled. “Right-o. And you were seriously going to give this to a kid?” he asked Jack on a more serious note. “Have you no moral fiber?”

“I found a bone!” Ed said suddenly. The other two Stouthearted Eds turned to look. Ed had taken his monster head off, and was wearing a helmet on his head that looked like it had been carved out of bone. “Cool, huh?”

“Wow, you guys are good at this,” said Jack. “That’s the last toy. It’s called the Bony Helmet.”

“Ooh, how creative,” Eddy said sarcastically.

“The Yo-Yo Mace, the Death Rattle, and the Bony Helmet,” said Double D. “You seriously think these things will withstand those monsters, Jack?”

“Those monsters aren't that tough,” said Jack. “I mean, you saw how they crumbled when I hit them with my Soul Robber. I guarantee the success of those toys.”

“Isn’t that great?” asked Eddy. “We finally have means of defending ourselves, and they’re toys.”

“It’s better than nothing, isn’t it?” Jack asked as Ed put his monster head back on.

“Hey, anything that will get my candy back works for me, pal,” said Eddy.

“Well, now that we’re prepared, I say we start searching the town for extra clues,” said Double D.

“My thoughts exactly,” said Jack. He started toward the stairs. “Let’s go, boys. We’re gonna get to the bottom of this. I’m sure of it.”

Haku

<3
Why haven't I been reading this? This is really good, but as SC said take your time with the next update.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I know I should be taking my time but I can't help myself. It's like I have to keep working on this as soon as I get the chance to in order to provide the readers a new chapter. Not only that but I don't want to end up forgetting about it like I have with the first installment of the fan-fic.

Aphex

.Inspire.
~Chapter 5: The Witching Hour~

Double D was nervously trembling as he, Eddy, Ed, and Jack went back outside. And since the spikes on his Death Rattle popped out whenever he shook it, this made him even more nervous.

Eddy looked at his friend. “Will you relax?” he asked Double D as Jack closed his gate. “See? There’s nobody here.”

It was true. There weren’t any skeletons in the streets for the time being. Double D finally calmed down long enough to stop trembling.

“Except for that little kid,” said Ed, pointing at the fountain.

And Ed was right. Standing next to the fountain was a little boy with gray, clammy-looking skin. The weirdest thing was that his eyes appeared to be stitched shut.

“It’s Corpse Kid!” exclaimed Jack, running over to the boy.

Corpse?” asked Double D.

“Will you just come on?” asked Eddy.

“CORPSE KID!” yelled Ed. “MUST TOUCH!”

Corpse Kid’s face lit up when he saw Jack running towards him. “Jack!” he said. “You came back!”

“Geez, these people aren’t used to having you gone, huh?” asked Eddy.

“Good timing, too,” said Corpse Kid. “I think the Witch Shop has just opened for the first time since you left.” Corpse Kid shivered. “Terrible things happened while you were gone, Jack... terrible things.”

“Yeah, we kinda figured that out when we first heard Oogie’s voice after somebody stepped on that cat,” said Eddy.

“The Witch Shop?” asked Double D.

“Maybe the Witches can give us a lead,” said Jack. “Come on!”

Double D and Eddy began to follow Jack, but they stopped when they realized that Ed was still with Corpse Kid.

“Does it hurt to have your eyes stitched shut like that?” Ed was asking Corpse Kid.

“ED!” Eddy and Double D called together.

“Oh?” That got Ed’s attention. He ran to catch up with the others. “Am I it’?” he asked as he ran.

“So, the Witches have their own shop?” Double D asked Jack.

“Oh, yes,” said Jack. “It’s the most successful business in town.”

“Yeah, I bet,” said Eddy as the four entered the shop. The Witches seemed to be waiting for them.

“Jack!” exclaimed the shorter Witch. “You’ve returned!”

“Is it true?” asked Jack. “The whole town is booby-trapped?”

“Oh...” said the taller Witch. “It’s too embarrassing to talk about. We brought this all upon ourselves... say, care to buy anything?” she quickly added. “We’ve got some prime heads and torsos, but they’ll cost you an arm and a leg.”

“Wow, get straight to the point, why don’t you?” asked Eddy.

“You don’t mean that "arm and a leg” thing literally, do you?” Double D asked nervously.

“You gotta question everything, don’t you Sockhead?” asked Eddy.

Jack had his attention turned toward the Witches. “You two wouldn’t happen to know where exactly the skeletons are coming from, would you?”

“No. Sorry,” said the shorter Witch. “We haven’t been out of the house since they began appearing.”

“You might want to try the Graveyard for starters,” said the Taller Witch. “I hear that there’s a nasty infestation around those parts.”

“It’s a start, I suppose,” said Jack. “Come on, boys.”

---

“So, which way is the Graveyard?” asked Double D as they exited the shop.

“Outside the Main Gate,” said Jack.

“Isn’t that the same gate that shut behind us before?” asked Eddy.

Jack’s eyes widened. “Yes,” he mumbled.

“Then it’s probably still shut tight,” said Double D.

“Yep,” said Ed. “It’s snug as a bug on a rug by a jug near a slug with a. . .”

“How would you know, Monobrow?” asked Eddy. “You weren’t even there.” At this point, the four were standing right in front of the gate.

“There must be some way to open it,” said Double D.

“I think Clown has the key,” Corpse Kid said behind them.

Jack turned around. “Clown has the key?” he repeated. “Where is he?”

“I don’t know,” said Corpse Kid.

“Oh!” Ed suddenly exclaimed. He ran over to a nearby manhole cover. “Fe fi fo fum, I smell cheese and onion buns,” he said, pointing to the cover.

“What?” asked Jack.

“Just ignore it, and he’ll stop,” said Eddy. “Ed, you’re saying Clown’s down there?”

“In a sewer?” asked Double D.

“Well, that’s certainly a good hiding spot,” said Jack. “But we need Clown to open the gate. We have to go down there.”

“Oh, so unsanitary...” Double D mumbled as Jack took the cover off and climbed down.

“Is it my turn to jump down, Double D?” Ed asked as Eddy climbed down after Jack.

“Uh... let me go down first, Ed,” said Double D. He carefully began to climb down as well.

Ed stared for a minute, then, “Follow the leader!” he yelled, jumping in without even using the ladder.

---

Double D stepped off the ladder just in time, because just as he got off, Ed fell through.

“So where’s Clown?” asked Eddy.

Jack looked around and could just make out Clown in the darker side of the sewer. “Hey, Clown!” he called, beginning to run over.

Suddenly, Clown let out a yelp, then wheeled his unicycle deeper into the darkness.

“What?” Jack asked as he stopped running. Just then, the same skeletons that had attacked before popped up out of the ground.

“Not here, too!” moaned Double D.

“Big deal,” said Eddy. “We have weapons now, remember?” He readied his Yo-Yo Mace.

“Ha ha!” said Ed, bending over. “I like to smash stuff!”

“Oh dear...” said Double D, taking out his Death Rattle. “Physical activity...”

“Get ready,” said Jack. “It might take some time to get used to the weapons, so you should probably -”

“ATTACK THE SKELETONS!” Ed suddenly yelled, charging into the army. “SKELETONS AWAY!”

“Works for me!” said Eddy. He got ready to whip the Yo-Yo Mace out when it suddenly whipped out by itself. Eddy watched as it flew across the room, around a group of skeletons, then tightened, squeezing the skeletons into dust. The spikes on the Yo-Yo Mace retracted as it returned to Eddy’s hand. “It can track things?” Eddy asked. “SWEET!”

Double D was suddenly surrounded, and resorted to covering his eyes with his free arm and spinning in a circle while shaking the rattle. When he opened his eyes again, there was nothing around him but a pile of dust. He smiled. Maybe he could use this thing.

Ed, meanwhile, was having a ball. He probably didn’t even need the Bony Helmet. He was simply running around the room, slamming into the skeletons head-on. “OUT OF THE WAY, CITIZEN!” he yelled as he ran past Jack, who was smacking enemies with his Soul Robber.

“What’d he call me?” Jack asked Eddy, pointing at Ed.

“Ah, it’s just something from one of his movies,” said Eddy. “Like I said before, ignore it.” Soon, the room was empty again, and Clown reappeared.

“Skeletons have been terminated, Eddy,” Ed panted.

“Jack!” said Clown. “You’re back?”

“You can calm down now,” said Jack. “Everything’s okay.”

“I’m glad you guys are here,” said Clown. “I’ve had to hide ever since those skeletons came. Sure, I like a good scare every now and then, but those things bite!”

“Literally,” added Eddy.

“We need you to unlock the Main Gate so we can get into the Graveyard,” said Jack. “You have the key, right?”

“Yeah, I had it,” said Clown. “But when it became too dangerous, I ended up hiding it. Now, where did I put it? Uh... did I eat it? Uh... I’ll open the gate for you as soon as I find it.”

“I ate a key once,” said Ed. “Discreetly.”

“I guess the only thing for us to do now is get out of here,” said Jack.

They ran back over to the ladder. The only problem was that it was too far away for them to climb back up.

“Now what?” asked Double D.

“See that?” asked Jack. He pointed to a piece of the ladder that was sticking out. “We can latch onto that to get out of here.” Jack arched down. “Soul Robber!” he called out. The Soul Robber shot out and grabbed the hook, pulling Jack up and out of the sewer.

“What about us?” yelled Double D.

Eddy took out his Yo-Yo Mace, and was surprised when it didn’t do anything. “Uh... grab the hook?” he asked it. The Yo-Yo Mace shot out of Eddy’s hand and grabbed the hook. “WHOA!” Eddy yelled as he was shot up. Luckily, as he was being pulled up, Double D and Ed had grabbed his legs.

---

When the four emerged from the sewer, they were greeted by another surprise. The skeletons were back on the surface. Corpse Kid was nowhere to be found, so he had probably ran off to hide.

“Not again.” said Double D.

“At least there aren’t as many,” said Eddy.

“ATTACK THE SKELETONS AGAIN!” said Ed, once again charging.

Eddy was right. There weren’t as many skeletons this time, so the team easily beat them. As soon as the last skeleton was destroyed, the team was met with the sound of the Main Gate opening. They looked and saw Clown and Corpse Kid standing near the entrance.

“I got the gate open for you, Jack,” said Clown as they ran over.

“But not before some of Oogie’s baddies grabbed Sally and carried her off toward the cemetery,” added Corpse Kid. “I heard the cemetery’s pretty dangerous these days. I hope she’s okay.”

What?” Eddy asked in disbelief.

“They took Sally?” asked Double D.

“I think they took Miss Sally, guys,” said Ed.

Jack let out a light growl. “That’s it,” he said softly. “No more Mr. Nice Bones!” He then ran out through the gate.

“Jack, wait up!” Eddy called as he, Double D, and Ed ran after the now very ticked-off Pumpkin King. But little did they know that a few certain somebodies were there as well.

Haku

<3
I've missed out on quite alot and just got up to date with what's going on, well done so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back