• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Earth-like Planet found 20 Light-years away

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abel

Who cares if there is alien life on this planet? Big deal, there's plenty of lifeforms that exist on our own planet. I guess it would be sort of interesting to see how things evolved in a different place. But the biggest interest, in my opinion, is whether the planet would be able to sustain human life. We're going to need to move somewhere else eventually, due to overpopulation or exhaustion of resources. Traveling across the stars as a band of nomadic parasites seems the way to go.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Who cares if there is alien life on this planet? Big deal, there's plenty of lifeforms that exist on our own planet. I guess it would be sort of interesting to see how things evolved in a different place. But the biggest interest, in my opinion, is whether the planet would be able to sustain human life. We're going to need to move somewhere else eventually, due to overpopulation or exhaustion of resources. Traveling across the stars as a band of nomadic parasites seems the way to go.

It would seem like the next best step. I have a feeling that if we get the right technology, we will do a lot of planet hoping.

I reckon if we could move, we should do our best to prevent global warming.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
It's very interesting that we found another planet that can possibly sustain life, but I'm glad it's this far away. We shouldn't touch it, we've already had problems with taking care of our own planet.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
This is actually quite interesting.

i'm sure it just has the illusion of being far away

No, 20 light-years in an insurmountable distance with our current level of technology.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
on top of our own problems, what about that planet's problems? because, you know, Humans haven't been that great to eachother. imagine what an alien race might be like.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Crawling on the ground like slugs? If anything exists, I bet it's probably insects at most.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Why would you be wary? If they have the impossible technology to break the laws of physics and go faster than light, then there's not much we can do.

-Yurai

-Hey guys! I found a planet thats like ousrs, but lightyears away. Its rotation is equivalent to thirteen days, but it has atmosphere! We can live on it!

-Thats great dude. Heres your next assignment. Get us there.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
We *can't* live on it. Not us. Gravity too strong, atmosphere probably toxic to us, radiation way too high.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
Why would you be wary? If they have the impossible technology to break the laws of physics and go faster than light, then there's not much we can do.

I mean, eventually, if there was someway we could get there, would we really want them to know there was more life out there? do we want to call attention to ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back