• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Earth Is Very Small

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Dude.

W Cephei is HUGE.

I was amazed at Rigel, then it went to Beteigeuze, and my jaw dropped.

Earth is puny.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
not to sound stupid, but i just recently realized that when square-enix named one of there game series "Star Ocean", they were referring to space.

mesmerized

not to sound stupid, but i just recently realized that when square-enix named one of there game series "Star Ocean", they were referring to space.

HAHAHAHAHA.. sorry that was funny [and completely random.]

Anywho, the Earth is puny compared to the rest of the galaxy. Its amazing, isn't it?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
What, you weren't aware of our insignificance? And stars are nothing compared to galaxies. And galaxies are nothing compared to superclusters, which in turn is less than nothing compared to our Universe. It's too big for the human imagination to comprehend it, it is.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
^No, it isn't.

Imagination is limitless. The Universe, however, has a limit. Where, we dunno. But it does have a limit.

So yeah.

No, Phoenix, up until now, I was aware we were insignifigant. HOW insignifigant, however, was something I could not imagine. Now I know.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
^No, it isn't.

But is is. I feel fairly confident that you don't really know how big the Universe is. How big our galaxy is compared to our Sun, how big our Sun is compared to our planet, how big the planet is compared to an individual. No, the Universe is too big for the imagination.

No, Phoenix, up until now, I was aware we were insignifigant. HOW insignifigant, however, was something I could not imagine. Now I know.

Hah, no you don't. Neither do I, for that matter. When you see a graph comparing that last star to the galaxy, and then that galaxy to the Universe, then you might have an idea. We're not only insignificant in space, we're insignificant in time. Millions of years are nothing to do the Universe, thousands of years are seconds to it. We can barely reach 100.

Shadukai X

Banned
To add to the comment on the video that it is absurd to be the only planet bearing life, a simple situation popped into my mind, in which all other life-bearing planets are within a close proximity of each other, but earth and our solar system is simply one that is pretty much singled out.

Kinda like having a group of marbles on your bedroom floor, and one of which is across the room, under your bed.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Phoenix is too smart for these forums ):

I was always aware of how small the Earth was compared to the stars and galaxies. It's not very surprising. It's nice to see every now and then, but it should be common sense by now =/

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
To add to the comment on the video that it is absurd to be the only planet bearing life, a simple situation popped into my mind, in which all other life-bearing planets are within a close proximity of each other, but earth and our solar system is simply one that is pretty much singled out.

Kinda like having a group of marbles on your bedroom floor, and one of which is across the room, under your bed.

Or, more likely, all of the planets that can sustain life are too far apart.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Mars have been proven to have supported microbes so maybe they may not be too far apart

Mars have been proven to have held water, and that's about it. Trust me, if there was proof Mars had life, it would be revolutionary,

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Well. Maybe the "marble" theory is correct.

Maybe we're just that lil' 'ol marble that rolled away from the rest of them. "Seperated from the herd", I suppose would be a good term to use.

Maybe, maybe not.

Oh, and Phoenix, damn you for being so smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back