• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 in june..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
If we getting a teaser for anything it would be FF7R part 2, since nomura already wanted to talk about it last month.
also will boost yuffie DLC sales.
for KH they can wait since fans already know something will happen next year anyway.
Can't be sure, tbh. Remember the fiasco with KH3 involving "upcoming announcements this winter"?

Just like how he didn't explicitly say no announcements this year, his statement regarding the anniversary was that he hopes to bring good news then. He probably wasn't sure they could make that date.

Just cuz something is said, it doesn't make it concrete.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Okay... Here are my thoughts:
* Re: Nintendo Switch Pro - I've always been on the boat that thinks that Nintendo will unveil/release the Switch's Pro revision the next year. Why? Because the Switch is selling quite well with just two a revision: the Lite (two, if you count that Nintendo briefly revised the OG Switch to make it have a better battery life). The Switch, as it is, is selling quite well. Hell, they can keep chugging first party titles away all the way until a Switch 2. If we're being honest, the Switch is a console that can carry itself an entire lifespan (ten years) without a revision. That said, I bought the Pro reveal rumors because there was a lot of momentum towards it. But now I'm sure that a Pro will either happen a year from now or when sales for the Switch start declining. The only reason the Lite exists is because Switch sales were starting to lose steam and Nintendo wanted households to have more than one Switch unit. And how did they do that? By releasing a less expensive unit. How di they make it less expensive? By only making it a handheld console.

* Re: Nintendo buying Samsung screens - This can go in several ways: the Samsung screens are for the Switch Pro; they're for a New! Nintendo Switch-like revision; they're for another basic revision for the OG Switch

* Re: KINGDOM HEARTS @ e3 - The most I'm expecting is a logo reveal for the next game and/or Dark Road stuff

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Can't be sure, tbh. Remember the fiasco with KH3 involving "upcoming announcements this winter"?

Just like how he didn't explicitly say no announcements this year, his statement regarding the anniversary was that he hopes to bring good news then. He probably wasn't sure they could make that date.

Just cuz something is said, it doesn't make it concrete.
Tbf that was entirely because FFXV's delay set off a domino effect and pushed everything back.

the red monster

Awards
That would really suck.

But imma say this, if FF and TWEWY aren't at Square's presentation either imma be like wtf
An insider said FF is showing up in june for sure, but also that sony want the trailers for themselves like when they do their own event after E3. same with forspoken.
so looks like they have marketing exclusivity.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The only thing I'm looking forward to is getting more footage of FFXVI. It's the game I'm most excited about right now, for sure. If we happened to get a logo or title for the next KH game, I'd call that a win. I wouldn't expect any more than that for KH at the most, and even that may not happen.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So Square Enix updated the names for FINAL FANTASY III and IV mobile versions. They're now called the same, but added (3D Remake) beside them. The fandom over at Twitter is speculating that, perhaps, we might get FINAL FANTASY V and VI (3D Remake), or we might get remakes in the style of the Dragon Quest III remakes.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So Square Enix updated the names for FINAL FANTASY III and IV mobile versions. They're now called the same, but added (3D Remake) beside them. The fandom over at Twitter is speculating that, perhaps, we might get FINAL FANTASY V and VI (3D Remake), or we might get remakes in the style of the Dragon Quest III remakes.
As I stated earlier, I & II have strangely never been released on Steam like the rest of the series has. Sound opportunity to port the only classic series to modern consoles, be it a collection of mobile ports or new remakes. Realistically, I'm leaning towards cheap ports a la Mana/Saga collections.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I see little reason to believe this carries much weight, but there is a rumor going around that there won't be any major FF news at E3. Apparently coming from an insider but I'm not convinced it's not bogus. Would be pretty unusual. That being said, it's entirely possible Sony is requesting SE save big FF news for a State of Play.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I see little reason to believe this carries much weight, but there is a rumor going around that there won't be any major FF news at E3. Apparently coming from an insider but I'm not convinced it's not bogus. Would be pretty unusual. That being said, it's entirely possible Sony is requesting SE save big FF news for a State of Play.

My trust in "insiders" has been severely broken this past 2 weeks with the Switch Pro nonsense. In any event, low cost ports of old 2D games won't count as major news.

Did this insider say anything about KH?

Awards
My trust in "insiders" has been severely broken this past 2 weeks with the Switch Pro nonsense. In any event, low cost ports of old 2D games won't count as major news.

I don't think any insider has ever said anything about KH at any E3 for the past few years.

It's like that one thing no one really brings up as if it's top secret.

It just feels more egregious due to Nomura's statement in November which kinda just felt like he changed the fabric of the universe.

Kinda feels like the opposite of 2015 where I was the guy saying KH won't be at E3 while everyone was hyping themselves up

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nope. Just "I wouldn’t expect any big Final Fantasy news."

Who knows, if FF really won't have any presence at E3 that theoretically allows some breathing room for KH.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think any insider has ever said anything about KH at any E3 for the past few years.

It's like that one thing no one really brings up as if it's top secret.
Or they don't consider KH as relevant enough to be bother with.

Noivern

Awards
I really don't think a Dark Road update teaser will be good enough for an E3 show.
If that was all there was, sure. But Square has quite a lot in it's plate right now just with FF alone, not counting the rest of it's ips. We don't even need to get another KH update anytime soon considering MoM is still relatively new (even if it did not add much to the series in terms of plot) and UX just ended, so they might as well just put a quick note that Dark Road will be updated soon and we can expect more news from KH in the future.

BTW, I absolutely LOVE the 2D sprites on 3D enviroments thingy that the PS1-ported-to-DS Dragon Quest games did and is being brought back by the Octopath-like games. I would love to see the first 6 FF games brought back in this format as I never brought into the idea of a 3D remake for them.

VI specifically is a giant game with lots of freedom and in the last two generations, remakes of such games make no sense as you cannot really translate such a huge story into 3D without reimagining the whole game, which VII proved would be the case.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm looking forward to new trailers for FF16 and NEO:TWEWY.
No idea about KH.
This is definitely something I expect Sony to tell Square Enix to reserve for a State of Play. Especially if rumors of FFXVI releasing this year are true. Sony had to take a hit with God of War Ragnarok. Unveiling a new FF16 trailer in a State of Play, with possibly release date, could be a big hit of news they need

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I believe SE is releasing a FF 1-6 compilation on Switch, which probably prompted them to update the mobile games names to differentiate the versions.

My understanding is there are some people, like Imran who launched the FF Origins news, who said that there'll be Final Fantasy at SE's event and others who said that's not likely but we're getting Final Fantasy news in June (such as the aforementioned Switch compilation).

40 minutes isn't a lot of time for a press conference and SE have announced a lot of games for it that will take up a lot of time. It's probably a safe bet at this stage that FF Origins may close their show with a tag reading "more to come" and then Origins, XIV, and Forespoken are at Sony's rumoured July showcase.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I believe SE is releasing a FF 1-6 compilation on Switch, which probably prompted them to update the mobile games names to differentiate the versions.
That's a good point. Whether it's a compilation or separate remakes, I'll double down :p haha

40 minutes isn't a lot of time for a press conference and SE have announced a lot of games for it that will take up a lot of time. It's probably a safe bet at this stage that FF Origins may close their show with a tag reading "more to come" and then Origins, XIV, and Forespoken are at Sony's rumoured July showcase.
Yeah. Maybe release their small stuff for e3 and use Sony's State of Play for their big guns. I presume we might get a bit more of Intergrade.

but I wonder when we'll hear more of First Soldier and the other game

the red monster

Awards
That's a good point. Whether it's a compilation or separate remakes, I'll double down :p haha

Yeah. Maybe release their small stuff for e3 and use Sony's State of Play for their big guns. I presume we might get a bit more of Intergrade.

but I wonder when we'll hear more of First Soldier and the other game
Intergrade will be out by than. they will only mention it's available right now or something.

i think square enix E3 this year is mostly updates about games from the western side while keeping the big stuff (XVI, forspoken) for sony's event.

Back