• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 in june..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
Do y'all think that a kh game will be announced during e3? I hope so. But idk if it would be kh4. Too early for one. Maybe a side title or a remake.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Considering Nomura said no new KH games in 2021, I would of said no but after he announced Kingdom Hearts on PC,It could actually be possible since it looks like what Nomura says and what he actually does are two different things lol. Although if we do get an announcement for a KH game I don’t believe it will be KH4.

But who knows what to expect when it comes to announcements after all he did say something about expecting good news for KH 20th anniversary in 2022.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I saw this tweet that said something like this:

"Square Enix's CEO said "Our E3 will have games announced one after another"" or something like that.

There are multiple KH teams right now so we could see a surprising game announcement (like MoM) but I don't think we'll see the big game announcement until at least Jump Festa.

okhi12

Awards
I don't remember his exact words but Nomura basically said that there won't be any KH news about the next KH game until 2022. The PC ports were announced this year, so maybe they will announce a KH collection for PS5/XBox Series, but I'm not expecting anything about the next KH game.

Square Enix already has a lot of games in development they can show during E3: FFXVI, Forspoken, FF7R Part 2, Neo: TWEWY, Project Triangle Strategy and some others I'm probably forgetting. There's also unannounced games like Dragon Quest XII. I personally wish they announce this one.

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I don't know. We can't rule out the next title being "KH4" either. Remember that the gap between 1 and 2 was only 2 years and had Chain of Memories between. So far we've had Remind and Melody if Memory. I believe 2022 is KH's 20th anniversary? So if they reveal a new game for next year it'll most likely be a big one.

Most likely "4" would just reuse assets from 3 anyway and still run on Unreal Engine 4 or 5. And I put "4" in brackets, because we also can't be sure they will even continue using the numbered installment method going forward.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Though the dream is unlikely I'm foolishly hoping for Melody of Memory DLC. I would love extra and new content for MoM. I know it's unlikely but fingers crossed.

okhi12

Awards
Though the dream is unlikely I'm foolishly hoping for Melody of Memory DLC. I would love extra and new content for MoM. I know it's unlikely but fingers crossed.
I'm torn between wanting more songs and thinking that if they add new ones I'll feel forced to get All Excellent on beginner and standard, and at least a Full Chain on Proud for those new songs as well. My fingers still have nightmares with Wave of Darkness.

Barrett

Awards
The only thing I could think of for seeing anything KH-related at E3 this year is if they finally end up doing Switch ports for the rest of the series. But yeah, who knows. At least if nothing happens this E3, 2022 is a near guarantee for new KH announcements if no setbacks happen.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura said KH would be taking time off on the news front this year, but then the PC ports happened so who knows. I guess he was only talking about new installments?

I wouldn't expect anything BIG, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get a tease of some sort. We still have the one other mystery game; if it's of smaller scale, maybe it'll be ready for announcement.

MoM DLC would be wonderful but they maintained that they wouldn't :(

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The only thing I could think of for seeing anything KH-related at E3 this year is if they finally end up doing Switch ports for the rest of the series. But yeah, who knows. At least if nothing happens this E3, 2022 is a near guarantee for new KH announcements if no setbacks happen.
Especially if the rumored Switch Pro comes true. Maybe KH3/0.2 will be Pro exclusive while 1.5+2.5 & DDD are compatible with all models.

Barrett

Awards
Especially if the rumored Switch Pro comes true. Maybe KH3/0.2 will be Pro exclusive while 1.5+2.5 & DDD are compatible with all models.
I imagine that for the sake of being consistent with the other consoles, 2.8 will remain as is and will probably be Pro-exclusive. But yeah, that's pretty much how I see it if the Switch Pro rumors ends up being true, especially if it's gonna get exclusive titles (and that a majority of them are supposed to be for third parties).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I imagine that for the sake of being consistent with the other consoles, 2.8 will remain as is and will probably be Pro-exclusive. But yeah, that's pretty much how I see it if the Switch Pro rumors ends up being true, especially if it's gonna get exclusive titles (and that a majority of them are supposed to be for third parties).
Classic Switch not being able to play what was originally a 3DS title would be weird & kinda dumb IMO.

Barrett

Awards
Classic Switch not being able to play what was originally a 3DS title would be weird & kinda dumb IMO.
I mean... yeah lol. But I still don't think that they would just sell DDD by itself, plus you have to account for how 0.2 and Back Cover would be sold too. Just better to keep 2.8 as is imo.

Somnus cealum

Awards
The games I could see in switch is the 1.5+2.5 collection

Considering Nomura said no new KH games in 2021, I would of said no but after he announced Kingdom Hearts on PC,It could actually be possible since it looks like what Nomura says and what he actually does are two different things lol. Although if we do get an announcement for a KH game I don’t believe it will be KH4.

But who knows what to expect when it comes to announcements after all he did say something about expecting good news for KH 20th anniversary in 2022.
I wonder about the rumored kh Disney plus series...

I agree. Ddd I say could play on switch with 1.5+2.5 cus old graphicsand kh3 and 0.2 will he pro.

I hope maybe kh recoded or days will be remade on switch

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean... yeah lol. But I still don't think that they would just sell DDD by itself, plus you have to account for how 0.2 and Back Cover would be sold too. Just better to keep 2.8 as is imo.
Maybe throw in UX & DR ports.

Awards
I mean, I ain't expecting anything but it's possible that Nomura can just break the "no news" thing. Like, didn't he say that before it was announced that E3 was coming back?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I mean, I ain't expecting anything but it's possible that Nomura can just break the "no news" thing. Like, didn't he say that before it was announced that E3 was coming back?
SE operates on their own schedule regardless and isn't obligated to show anything at E3. They've already planned another SE Presents this summer. E3 not being held would have had no impact on their marketing plans.

Last edited:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Nomura said the series would take a short break this year, but then we got the entire KH collection released for PC.
Anything is possible because the 20th anniversary is next year and Nomura said they are preparing for that.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Even taking into consideration the PC release I doubt it. At best we could get another repeat of "Look forward to the 20th anniversary next year"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
See I don’t count the PC stuff because I always read his statement as new news on new projects. I would love to be surprised, though. I am really feeling the loss of KH this year after having releases every single year to fall back on.

TWEWY has been an unexpected highlight, but that hype train ends in July...

Back