• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2018 is near. So what massive announcement can a conference use to win?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
E3 2018: What conference massive or dream announcement(or update, people went wild for the last guardian release date?

With E3 literally this weekend, I wanna do something different. Instead of wanting what game you to announce, name a massive or dream announcement that will shake the internet. For as many conferences, think of 1 massive or dream announcement for each conference is possible. And try to go into detail why you chose it. Here are mine for each e3 conference.

Sony conference: Devil may cry 5
The reason I think it will be a big announcement because this is a highly known game series. With fans wanting one for years (not counting DMC). I think with great music, and a new dante design would be a big win for Sony e3.

Microsoft:Left 4 dead 3(surprise announcement) I think this will put xbox one on the map. With more maps, and console mods. Especially new special zombies. I'm a playstation fan, but I love the left 4 dead series. It might not happen, but anything can happen at e3.

EA Play: Dead Space 4, Remake, or Reboot. I think EA would totally save themselves with a dead space announcement. With fan favorite weapons, and necromorphs, it could bring back the scares of the original while keeping the abilities from ds3. It will be a show stopper if showned.

Bethesda: Elder Scrolls 6. I will always want elder scrolls 6 more than half life 3. With a continuation of skyrim, bigger world, possible 2 player co-op, new mythical creatures, and something I want, cross breed species. If Bethesda announced this, they will automatically win e3 2018.

Square Enix: FF7 remake update. This is just good enough. In itself

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nintendo:
-Nintendo classics (rebranded VC, NES-Wii, GB-3DS) coming to the Switch E-Shop with Melee/Rogue Leader/Wii Sports dropping on that very week. Like with the free 20 NES games, all titles with multiplayer will be online. At least 1 classic per week for the foreseeable future. Thanks to linked Nintendo Network accounts, you won't have to rebuy games that were already purchase on previous VC iterations.

-All future Switch games (be it 1st, 3rd, indie, or classic) are getting Missions ala their mobile releases which will serve as Nintendo's version of achievements. Much like with gold points, the platinium points earned from these missions can used as Eshop credit. Nintendo strongly pushes that by 100%ing 4-5 full-priced games, players will have enough combined gold & plat points to pay for online without ever needing to spend money directly on it.

-The new president announces that they have straight up bought Capcom (this is actually semi-feasible if unlikely).

Sony:
-Playstation All-Stars 2. Developed by Capcom whom are treating it as a spiritual Power Stone successor. Crash, Spyro, classic Lara Croft, Cloud (who isn't appearing in SSB as a result), & Spider-Man join 1st party characters from TLoU, Tearaway, Ghost of Tsushima, Bloodbourne, Horizon, Syphon Filter, & Patapon in addition to newcombers from already represented franchises like Captain Quark & Carmelita Fox.

-Death Stranding reveals new character played by Dwayne Johnson, but he's not playing a human....

Microsoft:
-They do nothing. Every good game they're working on is being held back for next-gen because XB1 is a lost cause.

-20th anniversary Banjo Kazooie game developed by Playtonic.

-Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter is announced on the XBox stage.

Ubi-Soft:
-Prince of PersiaxAssassin's Creed crossover with the prince joining forces with a popular assassin from a past game.

-BG&E2 is not a GAAS BS thing & is a proper game.

-Aisha Taylor & Mr. Caffeine show up in the inevitable Just Dance dance off segment.

-South Park Battle Royal game announced. Unfortunately it gets delayed so many times that it's attempts at making fun of other BR games is extremely dated.

EA:
-Dragon Age team working on KOTOR reboot that connects with new canon. Actually this would be THE bombshell of E3 if it happens.

-They don't waste 20 minutes on sports games.

Bethesda:
-New single player Fallout by Obsidian & announcement of NV remasters for PS4/XB1/Switch

Square-Enix:
-Darth Vader superboss & Spider-Man summon revealed for KH3. Both unlock corresponding keyblades. Historians will remember this as the moment the entire internet crashed worldwide.

-KH & DQ characters are coming to Dissidia NT.

-Avengers game is in the same continuity as the Spider-Man game. The Marvel Gaming Universe is born.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Square-Enix:

-Avengers game is in the same continuity as the Spider-Man game. The Marvel Gaming Universe is born.

Dude, the Kingdom Hearts original characters belong to Disney. There's no way any of them are going to be in Dissidia unless Disney gives the okay to do so. The Avengers concept, on the other hand, is something that I love. Though it begs the question whether Square Enix and Insomniac Games are willing to have this "shared Universe" despite being competing brands...

Anyway, my personal "announcement to win" is Square Enix unveiling a Xenogears remake. They've already done a lot of extensive promotion for the games' 10th Anniversary. What better way to cap it off with a remade game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Dude, the Kingdom Hearts original characters belong to Disney. There's no way any of them are going to be in Dissidia unless Disney gives the okay to do so.

So then......Disney gives them the okay to do so.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sony conference: Devil may cry 5
The reason I think it will be a big announcement because this is a highly known game series. With fans wanting one for years (not counting DMC). I think with great music, and a new dante design would be a big win for Sony e3.
This is pretty much happening, seeing as how a website under this domain was registered days ago. Other than that, I don't expect much of a complete redesign on Dante, seeing as how it's DMC5, so it'll be a continuation of DMC's 1-4.

Square Enix: FF7 remake update. This is just good enough. In itself
This will most certainly happen. Even if something small.

If Dragon Quest can have its own Theatrerhythm game, then so can it have its own Dissidia game. Same goes for KH. They should already give us a Dissidia KH and a Theatrerhythm KH game already. I do not want them as guest characters in Dissidia, just give us Dissidia KH.

As for my dream announcements:

Nintendo:
- Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door as a HD Remaster for the Switch; Paper Mario 64 Remake will come a year after; Super Paper Mario HD Remaster; Color Splash port with gameplay tweaks; Paper Mario Switch on 2020.

Square Enix:
- Bravely Third/Thirdly/Sword for the Switch; they'll then use the Bravely engine to remake FINAL FANTASY V.

- FINAL FANTASY VI remake using the Octopath Traveler engine.

- FINAL FANTASY XV Pocket Edition port with Nintendo franchise easter eggs.

- Episode Ardyn was redirected as Tabata's full game.

- Dissidia KH

- Theatrerhytm KH

Konami:
- METAL GEAR SOLID 3 Snake Eater Pachinko machine remake ported to the PS4 and Switch.

- An entirely new MGS game

- A Bomberman akin to the N64 ones.

Atlus:
- Persona 4 remake using the Persona 5 engine announced for PS4 and Switch.

- Persona 3 remake for PS4 and Switch

Capcom
- Megaman Legends 3
- Megaman ZX Advent sequel
- Megaman Starforce 4; if not, then something akin to the MMBN/MMSF subseries

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Shantae is Ret-2-go into battle
In super smash Bros switch.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If Dragon Quest can have its own Theatrerhythm game, then so can it have its own Dissidia game. Same goes for KH. They should already give us a Dissidia KH and a Theatrerhythm KH game already. I do not want them as guest characters in Dissidia, just give us Dissidia KH.
I kinda want them to go full Smash bros. with Dissidia Square Enix: Adam Jensen vs. the UFO from Space Invaders is the kind of dumb shit I live for.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Sony: Bloodborne 2

Microsoft: Scalebound revived or Halo as a new genre (not battle royale)

Bethesda: Elder Scrolls 6

Nintendo: NEW SSB game for Switch, NEW LoZ title for 3DS

Square Enix: FF8 Remaster + mobile port, KH3 global demo

Capcom: Monster Hunter World DLC: Alatreon or Oroshi Kirin (from leak), Mega Man 11 demo

Awards
vzLCBcm.png

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I kinda want them to go full Smash bros. with Dissidia Square Enix: Adam Jensen vs. the UFO from Space Invaders is the kind of dumb shit I live for.
I'd rather they'd leave Dissidia Square Enix after "Dissidiaing" every IP they have, lol.
AC Switch
Nintendo should definitely say something. It's been two years since they confirmed they were both working on Animal Crossing mobile and Switch.
Sony: Bloodborne 2

Microsoft: Scalebound revived or Halo as a new genre (not battle royale)

Bethesda: Elder Scrolls 6

Nintendo: NEW SSB game for Switch, NEW LoZ title for 3DS

Square Enix: FF8 Remaster + mobile port, KH3 global demo

Capcom: Monster Hunter World DLC: Alatreon or Oroshi Kirin (from leak), Mega Man 11 demo
SSB Switch is happening, but I doubt the LoZ for 3DS thing. I think Nintendo already announced what they're doing for the 3DS until its death.

Doubt the KH3 demo thing.

Edit:

Forgot to mention:

Nintendo:
- Fire Emblem Fates HD Remasters for the Switch. It's a single cartridge that includes all three routes (Birthright, Conquest and Revelations). Plus they announce that they'll also remaster the other two 3DS Fire Emblem games (Awakening and Echoes).

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
SSB Switch is happening, but I doubt the LoZ for 3DS thing. I think Nintendo already announced what they're doing for the 3DS until its death.

I said NEW SSB game. We still don't know if it's a port or new game. We only know new characters are being added to the roster.

As for a NEW LoZ game, I'm really hoping the Link's Awakening rumors are true. That was my first LoZ title and holds a special place in my heart.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
It's nearly certain that it is a new Super Smash Bros. If it is a port, Nintendo has done a horrible job of advertising it and will have people with pitchforks at their doors.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
[/COLOR]

I said NEW SSB game. We still don't know if it's a port or new game. We only know new characters are being added to the roster.

As for a NEW LoZ game, I'm really hoping the Link's Awakening rumors are true. That was my first LoZ title and holds a special place in my heart.

It's nearly certain that it is a new Super Smash Bros. If it is a port, Nintendo has done a horrible job of advertising it and will have people with pitchforks at their doors.

This right here. It has all the signs of it being a new Smash.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Don't think they'd be changing up Link's default costume in a port.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Microsoft should show some new big games. They're just not a threat in any conceivable way right now, and that should change.

Sony needs to bring some FUN VIDEO GAMES out here. Fast, action, real GAMES. Less cinematic stuff... DMC5 is a good start, but seeing FROM SOFTWARE's new game would seal the deal.

Nintendo doesn't need too much... Just some Odyssey dlc and Animal Crossing, beyond that, just show more Smash.

A new Red Dead 2 trailer would be nice at any of these...

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
If Nintendo announced a 4th Golden Sun game for Switch I would drop whatever I was doing and buy one immediately.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
If Nintendo announced a 4th Golden Sun game for Switch I would drop whatever I was doing and buy one immediately.

Would be great. Unfortunately, Camelot (the developer of Golden Sun games) has been busy with Mario Tennis Aces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back