• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2017: What we hope to see from Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Predictions.

1. No story trailer, just more gameplay with a new cut scene thrown in to make us go OMG and forget how we didn't actually get much new information.
2. San fransokyo debut gameplay.
3. New world announced, but no gameplay.
4. Now in development.

Sounds certainly reasonable.

I am with those though who pine for at least a glimpse of some Disney characters, mainly to see how far they improved with the models since 0.2.

I'm sceptic of any story trailer anyways since when I remember the BBS and DDD Trailers Square has a habit to reveal way too much in story trailers so it would be better if there is no story trailer at all.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they show off San Fransokyo we might get a clue if the world's will have actual NPCs or just the same standard empty locations.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen a single Disney character yet (aside from Mickey and co.) so I feel like we're long overdue.

Couldn't agree more, we've already seen Yen Sid, Mickey, Donald and Goofy rendered in the Kingdom Shader, so let's finally see what the Disney Animation Studios characters look like. Nomura said that the Kingdom Hearts shader was designed for the "Disney brush stroke" sort of feel, I want to see that realised with the Disney characters.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
It would be incredibly impressive if they really could really make the Disney characters models look on par with their Disney film counterparts.

Like i have a hard time imaging the unreal 4 model of Rapunzel looking close to this with how the models currently look.
47b147b6d88fea4bcd32344251784b24.jpg

namidawa

You know, even if the KH3 panel doesn't meet my expectations, I'd be pretty content. I already have shows, songs, and other games to keep me company.

My main expectation is a year posted at the end of the trailer. But you know, even if it doesn't I can't scream and shout. I'd rather focus on the better sides that E3's gonna pull out this year. :D

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
look i just want a moana world world reveal so we can get dwayne johnson in kingdom hearts. wait. what if they redesign master xehanort so he's ripped and age him down a bit, make him the main xehanort and have dwayne johnson voice him? holy shit i know exactly what i want from kingdom hearts

on a serious note, anything new would make me happy. big hero 6 gameplay, mount olympus gameplay, story, music, absolutely anything and everything new would leave me satisfied, especially if we were given a release window.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don't have predictions. What I have are insane, incredibly implausible dream scenarios that have no chance of happening but damn if it wouldn't be cool if they did. So I'm indulge in reai world fanfiction for a minute:

KH3 doesn't just get a trailer at E3, it makes new gameplay/world/character reveals at each of the 1st party presentations. Yes Sony, Microsoft, & Nintendo all getting KH3 love!

Starting with the XBox conference, KH3 is 1 of the games shown to demonstrate the power of the Scorpio. No one's given a damn about KH3 being an XB1 title until now & now the time to change that. The theme of the XBox trailer is This is Kingdom Hearts 3 at it's very best. Because afterall the Scorpio is by default the most advanced system that the game will be released on. The trailer shows the Toy Story world, with visuals nearly on par with the movie itself. Sora, Donald, & Goofy are turned into a Gundam kit model, rubber duck, & a wind-up toy dog respectively. Pete shows up near the end as a large plush doll. New weapon drives & attraction flows are introduced. Everyone leaves happy & content thinking they've all there is for KH3 this year.

Then the next day Sony blindsides them all with even more KH3 reveals. The theme of the Playstation trailer is We're large & in-charge & we've got the coolest shit! This is reinforced by this trailer showing the 1 world that would get more mainstream attention than any other: Star Wars. But oh, there's no Sora here. For this is where Square finally drops a bombshell they've been hiding up til now: there are other playable characters. We see Riku & King Mickey. trudging the deserts of Tatooine, battling storm troopers & new heartless along the way. The quick shots of the duo meeting Luke & R2 & them getting on board the Millennium Falcon get crowd so hype up they don't even fully notice at first that the Riku gameplay is CoM card-based. Yes, it seems each of the playable characters has completely different battle systems, with the purpose of covering the series history so that KH3 feels ever more the culmination of all that's transpired so far. Mickey& Luke are present as on-field party members but friend cards activate team-up moves.

At this point there's some speculation on various forums about the possibility of yet another reveal during Nintendo's direct. However most people will ultimately write that, believing that the tablet wouldn't be powerful to run the game & after Riku & Aqua there's no other viable characters anyway. Well suffice to say KH3 on Switch is confirmed, though the footage shown isn't running on the actual hardware yet since the full support for Unreal 4 only just now became available. The Switch trailer's theme is Hey um, we can play too guys! We are shown Kairi with her new party members Minnie & Daisy on a snowy hilltop looking at the ice palace of Elsa off in the distance. Rapid-fire scenes showcase the story from Kairi's perspective: her training in the hyperbolic time chamber, What happens to Lea after finishing his training, the Impetus of her new journey, the introduction to her new party members. Gameplay shows her battling in Twilight Town, Corona, & Arendelle. Her gameplay is the Command Deck. The big highlight of the trailer is the boss battle with Marshmallow, with flowmotion antics happening in-front of, in, on, & all over the ice palace as the monster pursues her. The hinting of another bossfight with Elsa serves as the stinger.

All three characters are going to be playable in all versions of the game, there's no platform exclusive content. Square just wanted to each hero ample time to show off & presenting at all 3 events was deemed the best way of doing that. The HD remixes are all announced for XB1 & Switch for late 2017, to give those players something to tide them over until KH3's 2018 release.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What's actually going to realistically happen? IDK, Lego KH maybe?

Awards
KH3 trailer with a small clip at the end of original FFVII Cloud and Sora vs Sephiroth in his original FFVII attire high above Radiant Garden in a Two v. One fight with the Advent Children version of One Winged Angel playing.

Really hoping for anything at this point. A trailer would be amazing to have right now to show off worlds, characters and some gameplay. I don't know about them showing a release date yet. Maybe a year like 2018? I don't want to them to rush kh3 and not being fully complete like alot of games this console generation. If they add some form of dlc like costumes I'm with that and some story expansion that you can play as like riku or someone.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wanna see Rapunzel. I'm so curious as to how they're handling her hair.
One of her hair's functions better be as a grind rail.

Out of curiosity how many members from the staff in States will be attending this year? I also assume some folks from KH13 will be there too?
Should be Spock, Zephyr, and Sign. Last year Taochan went but she's unable to this year.

Awards
Obviously a trailer. The delusional part of me would like to see a playable demo, but that obvs won't happen (I see it happening at JF though). I WANT to see a release window, but I'm 50/50 on that actually happening. Some new concept art would be great as well.

For the trailer, I'd just like to see the reveal of some new worlds, Disney characters, party members like Baymax and Rapunzel in action, a FF character or 2 (even if it's just Leon or Cloud. NOT a Moogle tho!), and actual story footage.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
quick question who thinks they should closed the playstaion confernce out with kh3?

Muke

whatever
Awards
quick question who thinks they should closed the playstaion confernce out with kh3?
Would be great, but that's not going to happen :S

Also, can I just say how nobody except for KH fans seems to care about KH3? I'm looking at all these prediction lists and can never spot KH.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Would be great, but that's not going to happen :S

Also, can I just say how nobody except for KH fans seems to care about KH3? I'm looking at all these prediction lists and can never spot KH.
yeah it just one thing that wishful thing and those fans dont understand the serie like we do

Muke

whatever
Awards
yeah it just one thing that wishful thing and those fans dont understand the serie like we do
No, that's not the thing. It seems like casual gamers don't care about KH.. or at least they don't think KH is big/popular enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back