• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Even though Nintendo may not have won this year's e3, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA - Breath of the Wild was apparently the most talked game on the entire event. Other than that, its DEMO had a ridiculous waiting line.

Anyone else think that Breath of the Wild was e3's gem this year?

It was up there, but Horizon and God of War still wowed me the most. Zelda was definitely impressive, though, and it's going to be a special game to a lot of people.

Precursor Mar

Death Stranding being a concept trailer is reasonable: the engine hasn't even been chosen yet. The excitement due to it is for a new IP from the guy who made Metal Gear Solid. That is enough for some people, whether you agree with that or not. It doesn't matter to most whether his name is on every cover or not. Most people don't care.

Correction: A new IP from the guy who made Metal Gear Solid 5. Need I say more? Hell, people are rallying up to crucify Keiji Inafune after one terribly handled game, and he was the cat behind Mega Man for God's sake! The problem isn't whether I agree with it or not, but the blatant hypocrisy of it. For real, if you look up the definition of "sheep" you'd find a picture of Kojima fantards.

And "most people don't care"? Um, did you miss the fact that months before the game's release there was an entire controversy dedicated to Konami removing his name from the goddamn box? People do care. And not only do they care, they went as far as to say that his very name was being exploited!

Also, while it IS strange that they omitted those games, the fact that those are all RPGs or niche titles should be considered. Not as many people are going to buy and play those as say, God of War or Call of Duty. They advertise what will most likely sell. As sad as it is.

Heck, I've never even played a Persona game...

And FFVIIR and KH3 being at E3 is up to Square, not Sony. Take that up with them.

The Last Guardian is as niche as it gets. Sony's job as a publisher is to sell games. How do you expect those titles to escape the nether of nichedom if they aren't marketed? Final Fantasy didn't skyrocket into mainstream popularity because FFVII was that good, it was because FFVII had one of the biggest marketing campaigns of the time.

We still get Persona 5 in 2017. I don't think it was all that necessary to show it at E3, when we have the release date and a trailer of it already. Anything else would be a spoiler of the game itself. And FF7 Remake would probably take too much of the limelight away from FFXV right now. And same goes for KH3, when we're getting 2.8. And I heard Gravity Rush 2 is still on schedule. Any other game you've listed I haven't played or bothered to look into, because it doesn't interest me any, so I can't give an opinion about it.

Don't get me wrong, I do see your frustration. However, Xblade said it well enough about RPGs versus the standard Halo, Destiny, Call of Duty and God of War. Most people will sooner buy those than say Persona 5 or Final Fantasy. That's how it's always been.

Of course it's necessary. The general public doesn't know that these games exist. Like I mentioned above, marketing is what makes the next thing, into the next big thing. Of course they aren't gonna sell as well, the only exposure they're getting is a short trailer every eon or so and a presentation at relevance-challenged events like Tokyo Game Show.

I don't see much wrong with Resident Evil 7 being a PT clone. It'd be awesome to have it fleshed out more. I don't quite understand what you mean by a large majority of people being unable to play it.

Maybe the fact that PT isn't Resident Evil? The conference implied that the demo was exclusive to VR, hence "a large majority of people won't be able to play it", you know since VR is in no way going to be flying off the shelves. But now that's it's confirmed that the demo is a separate thing and is not representative of the final game, it's nothing more than a tech demo (just like PT).

VR was going to happen eventually and a lot of people reacted positively to it. The price it is right now will eventually drop after large video game communities buy it out. (Like Rooster Teeth for example.) I doubt it'll get super low but, those who can afford it will get to it first. And this is probably well played on their part, so they're not losing money by giving them away for a lower price. I'd like to think this is their way of testing it out further with demos and advertising it with bigger game companies and communities, who can afford to blow the money off on it before the general public can get their hands on it at an affordable price. (Btw, this is just my view on it in general. Take it with a grain of salt. And I don't really want VR anyhow, cause I can't handle first person games due to getting dizzy.)

E3 didn't have much for me this year. I won't say it was the best or the worst it could be.

VR will fail for the same reason every other non-console Sony product failed. Sony's inability to provide a constant stream of high quality first-party software (see also: PS Eye, PSP, PS Vita, PS Move).

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I laughed at first, but believe it or not The Verge actually makes some good points. I agree; it's a terrible title and belongs to /r/titlegore

Anyone else think that Breath of the Wild was e3's gem this year?

While it was anticipated news, I can't say it was the gem of E3. The gem of E3 was really the remastered Crash Bandicoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back