• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2016: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Hands-On Walkthrough

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixza Reprisae

no. no they should not.
What problem do you have with 60fps? I'm genuinely curious, as it's pretty much the standard as far as PC gaming goes. From a technical standpoint, Dream Drop Distance running at 60fps is really impressive, especially for this series.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I don't like 60 fps, because they give me a headache, so I am very much satisfied with 30 fps.
I like it when there is the option to choose between them, that way I can stick to my comfortable 30 fps, and others can utilise their wondrous 60 fps. Everyone is happy.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't like 60 fps, because they give me a headache, so I am very much satisfied with 30 fps.
I like it when there is the option to choose between them, that way I can stick to my comfortable 30 fps, and others can utilise their wondrous 60 fps. Everyone is happy.

That's probably your eye trying to adjust. Cause the more you raise the frame-rate, the closer to real life motion looks like. That's like saying that real life motion gives you a headache.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That's probably your eye trying to adjust. Cause the more you raise the frame-rate, the closer to real life motion looks like. That's like saying that real life motion gives you a headache.

What the-?
No. Like, I don't even know how that makes sense. How could staring at a TV be like real lif motion, no matter the frames.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i don't like it because typically looks awful and artificial, like the footage of daytime soaps on HD TVs, and what it adds to games is very minimal, only helping a slight few, yet everyone acts like it should objectively be the standard. more important is a consistent framerate imo.

this articles gets into it a bit if anyone is interested:

The Framerate Debate: Why Videogames Need To Take A Film Theory Class

But honestly, i don't care if you agree with me or not, that's why i didn't bother explaining it in the first place. It's just an off-the-cuff comment of how I feel, it wasn't meant to be a persuasive argument.

Cool vague complaints. Super contrary. Everyone is amazed.
oh shut the diddly up launchpad, like you're known for your meaningful discourse. give me a break.

h.e.hassanein

Thanks for the footage, I'm as exited for DDD's new content as I'm appalled by Terra's face.

gjmtc8U.jpg

Like seriously, what's going on at SE?

I'm getting more and more convinced that the worst thing about these games will be how the characters look

I've been watching animation progression reels and I think the problem is that (like others have have said) the lighting is really off. The character models look incomplete, like they've been modeled and everything but they're still not ready for the final production.

[video=youtube;WyQZ--fBNfc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyQZ--fBNfc[/video]

They remind me of how animated characters look at second-to-last stage, around 1:19. Their skin isn't one color per se, but it still doesn't look alive, again due to unfinished lighting

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
What the-?
No. Like, I don't even know how that makes sense. How could staring at a TV be like real lif motion, no matter the frames.

Well.. think it over I guess..

i don't like it because typically looks awful and artificial, like the footage of daytime soaps on HD TVs, and what it adds to games is very minimal, only helping a slight few, yet everyone acts like it should objectively be the standard. more important is a consistent framerate imo.

this articles gets into it a bit if anyone is interested:

The Framerate Debate: Why Videogames Need To Take A Film Theory Class

But honestly, i don't care if you agree with me or not, that's why i didn't bother explaining it in the first place. It's just an off-the-cuff comment of how I feel, it wasn't meant to be a persuasive argument.

oh shut the diddly up launchpad, like you're known for your meaningful discourse. give me a break.

The person who writes this article is completely ignorant though. And biased, but that's obvious.

The fact that cinema is 24 frames per second is important. This is how our eyes have learned to read a moving image. Disruptions of that, like Peter Jackson’s experiment with doubling the framerate for The Hobbit, confuse us and keep us focused on the form of the moving image rather than the whole picture, so to speak.

Cringe-worthy.

I'm getting more and more convinced that the worst thing about these games will be how the characters look

I've been watching animation progression reels and I think the problem is that (like others have have said) the lighting is really off. The character models look incomplete, like they've been modeled and everything but they're still not ready for the final production.

They remind me of how animated characters look at second-to-last stage, around 1:19. Their skin isn't one color per se, but it still doesn't look alive, again due to unfinished lighting

giphy.gif

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
"Feels like KH2" is the best KH news in years for me.

It's funny... for so many years hearing that KHIII would be like KHII gameplay-wise would've been my worst nightmare, tbh.

But now that II.5 finally gave me the chance to play KHII Final Mix, I couldn't agree with you more. LOL. The Final Mix version of KHII has the best gameplay in this series, imo, so this is really good news to me and I say bring it on! ^_^

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

youchie mama. Been building that one up for a while eh? I like to think I explain myself when it comes to shit I like and dislike, but by all means, keep lording over me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back