• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2015: Did it meet your expectations?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So now that the conferences are over and the Kingdom Hearts 3 meltdowns have calmed down, what are your thoughts on this year's E3? Did it meet, fall short, or surpass your expectations? Discussions regarding this are a bit all over the place so I'm curious to see overall what everyone's feelings and thoughts are. C:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm very happy for the most part. I was mostly only hyped for Square and Sony, but Microsoft and Bethesda really surprised me, and I really liked a bit of Nintendo's stuff. I still think 2013 E3 will be my fave since it holds a special place in my heart, but this E3 featured probably the biggest list of games that got announced/further described that I'm hyped for than previous E3's, such as:

-ReCore
-Horizon: Zero Dawn
-KH3 & Unchained <3
-Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
-Star Ocean 5
-World of FF
-FFVII Remake (where be that II-VI true remake doe)
-Nier sequel
-That Wii U Atlus game
-Just Cause 3
-Firewatch
-Hyrule Warriors Legends
-Fallout 4
-Mario Maker
-Gigantic
-Yo-Kai Watch
-Dishonored 2
-Rare Replay
-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
-Fallout Shelter (LOL JK I DON'T HAVE AN iOS </3 </3 </3)
-Fire Emblem Fates
-Until Dawn
-Beyond Eyes

I'm just lowkey sad there wasn't much in regards to Persona 5.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I had no expectations to meet. haha

Same.

I view E3 as an opportune time window. I don't have a preferred company since I currently only own a 3DS(saving for classes), so I can't say I was really disappointed by anything. But hey we got KH 3 footage, and that counts as a win in my book.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
The only thing I wanted from E3 was news on Dark Cloud and I'm incredibly bitter because my dreams have been crushed.

Other than that nothing else was particularly interesting except for the stuff that's already been announced, so basically it's a normal E3 for me.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
The only thing I wanted from E3 was news on Dark Cloud and I'm incredibly bitter because my dreams have been crushed.

Other than that nothing else was particularly interesting except for the stuff that's already been announced, so basically it's a normal E3 for me.

That could still appear in the game, though.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'll be back in a few days on my computer. I missed the show live this year but from what I saw I expected more light into most of those games. Glad to see a few things, Star Fox, FF7( I knew they were going to change things), KH3 etc.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Got what I wanted out of it; wasn't expecting anything as mind shattering as Shenmue 3 or FFVII Remake.

Street Fighter V galore with 2 newly announced characters, tho they were leaked slightly before the Sony conference so I sort of saw it coming. Didn't expect for the beta to be so soon, it was a nice surprise. New Hitman shown of which I already knew of since last year, but it was good to finally see it.

Got a couple of other games I was already interested in, and they all looked neato. A new NieR with Platinum developing it was the nicest surprise.

That said, I am interested in the Rare Replay almost purely because of the Perfect Dark games, and Killer Instinct Gold. Gives me another reason to want an Xbone. Sad to not see Kamiya's Scalebound show up, but that was mentioned before E3 started so I already expected it.

D

Deleted member 36435

i expected it to be shit and it was so it met my expectation yes

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I was surprised and hyped by most of what was shown, and it's the first time Microsoft has truly surprised me with something (ReCore). Nintendo's overall was a bit disappointing, though I am excited for Super Mario Maker, Star Fox Zero, and Zelda: Triforce Heroes. Kingdom Hearts III definitely made up for that though, and I'm rating the entirety of E3 a 7/10.

Bethesda - 8/10 (Doom and Fallout 4)
Microsoft - 8/10 (ReCore, Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider)
EA - 4/10 (Unravel looked interesting, an Star Wars Battlefront, but other than that pretty meh.)
Ubisoft - 7/10 (Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, and Rainbow Six Siege. I was a bit dissappointed in the Division though. That game was way too hyped up.)
Sony - 9/10 (The Last Guardian, Horizon:Zero Dawn, Dreams, pretty much most of the games they announced looked great.)
Nintendo - 5/10 (Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker, Zelda: Triforce Heroes, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Was dissappointed that there was very little else for Wii U announced except for an Animal Crossing board game and a Mario Tennis game.)
Square Enix - 9/10 (KHIII!, KH Unchained X, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII remake, all awesome. The only thing that made the conference go down one point was the awkward Lara Croft Go announcement and the absence of a translator at times.)

All in all, not the BEST E3, but certainly not the worst. Not a good year for Nintendo compared to the last few years though. But that's to be expected when they have a mini E3 every few months, in honesty. My expectations were pretty much met by everyone except for them. And then, has anyone noticed that Sony, Microsoft, and even Square all delayed games for Gamescom? August will be like another E3 at this rate.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I really expected a release date from KHIII and some new info on FFXV. I didn't receive either of those, so I was kind of disappointed in Square in general. However, the new trailer for KHIII was pretty awesome. Bethesda blew everyone out of the water though. I am SO excited for Fallout 4. I kept thinking it couldn't get any better, AND THEN IT KEPT GETTING BETTER.

Sony made my jaw drop with The Last Guardian and a FFVII remake announcement. I had almost finally given up hope on both of those projects ever happening. So for me, Sony came second to Square.

I missed EA, but the Mirrors Edge trailer got me hyped. Ubisoft was meh. I missed Microsoft as well. And Nintendo had StarFox... That's about it.

So overall, half of E3 was mindblowing, and the other half had me yawning.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I`d say E3 far exceeded any expectations I had. I never would have guessed in a million years that they would do a FF7 remake. Plus we finally got three worlds revealed for KH3 and amazing gameplay footage. I`m content with what we got :)

Leon123

FF7 remake, WoFF, Last Gaurdian, Recore, Sea of Thieves, Backward Compatibility, Fallout 4, Horizon it was a pretty great E3.

ToriJ

Website
torijreviews.blogspot.com
Good E3 overall. I didn't really have any expectations going in and that was probably a good thing. The games that stuck out to me were the FFVII Remake, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Mass Effect, and Kingdom Hearts III.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
met them? it by far surpassed them, I expected a good E3 this year but not that good, was 2013 all over again if not better.

Blazingblue

Banned
Overall yes!

Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice
Kingdom Hearts 3 new trailer
South Park: The Fractured But Hole
Just Dance 2016
Assassins Creed
Until Dawn
Mighty No. 9
and many more games caught my attention!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I feel like this was one of the best E3s I've experienced because of the announcement of many great titles for the PS4. I think specifically, it was really really good for the RPG audience.

Bobjam

Awards
At the time of it all happening (I watched every conference live) I thought it really was 2013 part two but then weeks later I kinda feel like it was good but only because of three or four things. But then maybe that is enough. I mean personally once I saw TLG, FF7r and the KH3 trailer I literally almost switched off from the rest of E3 ignoring all the other previews for other cool games. That seems to be how E3 goes for me these days. You stay up at stupid times in the morning (UK timings) in the hope that something big will come along and reward your insanity and on that basis this year's E3 was pretty freaking awesome!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed? A trailer for KHIII? Hell yeah, it Final Smashed it out of the ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back