• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2014 is almost here!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ok sunny

Awards
Since E3 2014 is only two months away, that also means that Kingdom Hearts III was announced almost one year ago. Time flies lol.
Anyway, this thread is questioning the amount of information regarding KH3 will be shown at E3 this year. I don't have a good idea of how much due to the few delays this game faced so far. I know we have almost no idea how the game will turn out, even with the theories we all hold, but just think about how much they'll leak for us. I'm sure they'll show enough to keep us excited and hooked for the game. :smile:

(This also goes for KH2.5:HD Remix, too.)

Last edited:

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
well not to the burst the proverbial bubble, but we don't even know if KHIII is even gonna be presented at E3 this year.

Tsurugi

Awards
It's as simple as this, they've shown is KH3, now they're obliged to show us something once in a while (be it a tech demo or something else) otherwise they'll ruin the hype created with last years E3 and D23, and that wouldn't be good for business.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's not that far-fetched a guess that KH3 will not be shown in E3. Nomura once stated that the revelation last year had been too early, and I think it was only to show the fans that KH3 does exist.

At this point they should really focus on 2.5 because of the complete silence regarding this game ever since the last announcement, which was a few months ago. There was no hype, no excitement, nothing, unlike how it was with 1.5 last year. This vacuum of information on 2.5 is quite worrisome, more so than that on KH3.

Wander

It's as simple as this, they've shown is KH3, now they're obliged to show us something once in a while (be it a tech demo or something else) otherwise they'll ruin the hype created with last years E3 and D23, and that wouldn't be good for business.

We're talking about the same company who left us in the dark about FFXV for 8 years, they're not obliged to reveal anything until they're ready.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We're talking about the same company who left us in the dark about FFXV for 8 years, they're not obliged to reveal anything until they're ready.

The main factor that could guarantee at least one showing a year would be Disney. Unlike FFXV which is strictly Square Enix property, Disney has begun taking a more active role with this collaboration franchise now that KH3 has been announced, and I doubt they'd would tolerate letting SE skate by year after year with nothing but "Please understand".

That's not to say they won't try to brush off no-shows with excuses, they just won't be doing it as much as they've been with XV lol

Last edited:

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Would be cool to see something like the very first kh2 trailer (TGS 2003):

Beta cutscenes, teasing some story and potential graphic.

BEASTENDER

There is almost a 100% chance that we will not see anything from KH3 this e3. XV is the likely bet for sure, given recent interviews about it's current state in terms of completion. KH3 is still premature in the development department. KH3 is still a ways off, and I can't recall a game that showed up in previous e3's every year of development until release (Basically a game showing up 3 or 4 times (years) before release). Next year? Most definitely something, but this year your chances look low. As someone already pointed out, XV has only been at 2 e3's despite it's very long development time, and Disney will not force Square Enix to show off incomplete and experimental gameplay or story mechanics to the masses.

We may get some info before fall, but I doubt it will be revealed at this upcoming e3. Last year was just to announce that they are in fact, working on the game now. In front of millions of fans, you can't just show them early, demo like footage like they did at D23. TGS is looking really good, and maaaybe even gamescon, but e3 2014 is looking very unlikely; not to say impossible of course.

Things I expect square to show this year:

Final Fantasy XV

Triad Wars (Sleeping Dogs 2)

Murdered possibly (releases several days before E3)

Maybe the announcement of the much anticipated TWEWY2

A surprise or two (Maybe your KH3 :D)

ok sunny

Awards
Would be cool to see something like the very first kh2 trailer (TGS 2003):

Beta cutscenes, teasing some story and potential graphic.
That would be really nice to see. Like the others said, SE may not want to necessarily show anything right now, but if they do, it could be along the lines of this. I do believe that there'd be a bit less to show, depending on the amount of work the team has put in so far. Especially with the delays of the release.

Tsurugi

Awards
FFXV only got an announcement trailer, anyways, we'll see what'll happen, I'm still staying with my point. haha

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That would be really nice to see. Like the others said, SE may not want to necessarily show anything right now, but if they do, it could be along the lines of this. I do believe that there'd be a bit less to show, depending on the amount of work the team has put in so far. Especially with the delays of the release.

What delays are you referring to?

Bobjam

Awards
2.5 ReMix better get its fair share of publicity this E3. If that survey was worth anything, they will be trying to plug that collectors edition as much as possible sorta like they did with 1.5 last year. I don't expect KH3 to make a showing but then who knows. More likely a TGS stint I say. FFXV will hands down be Square's focus with Murder SS and Drakengard 3 on the side.

WaveK89

Being only about 10 months since the announcement of the game, I'm not really expecting to see anything at E3. Personally, I would prefer videos closer to the game's finish whereas scans and interviews can portray information about the game along the way.

The right here and now is KH2.5 Remix, and E3 is the perfect time to showcase it with the expo right around the corner.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
At D23 we got to see gameplay. When it gets to E3, it'll have been 8 months since then. I'm expecting 2.5 will have a much bigger presence than KH3 at E3, but I also think it's been long enough that we can expect they'll give us something. And I'm pretty sure I remember Nomura saying that now that it's announced, whenever KH is present they gotta show KH3 in some way. Maybe a new gameplay teaser like from D23, but maybe showing off some new character designs and clothes and stuff. I'd love for even a more plot related trailer, even if it's just a montage of scenes we can't understand very well (pretty sure we got trailers like those for KH2 and even BBS during their early development days) but to music with little or no dialogue.

With 2.5 I'm expecting another trailer. Probably a Japanese release date. Whether playable demos are on the show floor kinda depend on if they're planning on a worldwide release, or at least having the localized versions release close to the Japanese one. If NA is gonna be waiting a significant time longer to get 2.5, then I doubt we'll see demos at E3. 1.5 was hyped up a lot at E3 last year for it's localized release, so I'd imagine Square would want to try that with 2.5 again. There's really no other western events that can hype up it's release for this year.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I'd rather KH3 skip E3 this year; fans'll get over it, especially with 2.5 distracting them. Let KH3 fall off the face of the earth for a bit, since it won't be around anytime soon.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't think KH3 is going to make a large appearance at E3 but it will be referenced multiple times since no matter what SE talks about, the interviews are GOING to ask about FFXV and KH3.

I think, like many have stated, they need to ignore KH3 right now and focus on 2.5. The fact that it hasn't had a release date announced for Japan even is very worrying given 1.5 came out in Japan exactly 1 month ago from today last year. Unless they plan on doing a simultaneous release everywhere (not complaining if they do), they need to discuss 2.5 more. KH3 can be a great way to segway into 2.5, something like "while you wait for KH3" or something like that, but KH3 really cannot be a priority since even 1 KH3 trailer could take away all the hype from 2.5.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
I see E3 as being a possible time for a 2.5 release date and possibly a XV release date. I do think Square may want to at least present something about KH3. Maybe a different character model? Who knows. If not though, not the end of the world. I could probably picture TGS having something.

It's not that far-fetched a guess that KH3 will not be shown in E3. Nomura once stated that the revelation last year had been too early, and I think it was only to show the fans that KH3 does exist.

That was in 2013 though, keep in mind. A year has passed and they'll have been in development for over a year at that point. The last time we got anything on KH3 was six months ago and that was a gameplay demo. I'd also assume with Square's financial issues they'd want to keep the hype going for KH3 just so that they can milk sales as much as possible come release time. I'm not saying they'll do something extraordinary, but I can see them touching on it a bit.

KH3 can be a great way to segway into 2.5, something like "while you wait for KH3" or something like that, but KH3 really cannot be a priority since even 1 KH3 trailer could take away all the hype from 2.5.

They could use KH3 as a tactic for getting more sales on 2.5 though, because there's plenty of people who are unfamiliar with the KH series and might want to pick up 1.5 and 2.5 before they get 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back