• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E-Ternity University Chapter 1: Hellbound for Heaven

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
"Heh. My junior year, actually..."

Xavier smiled at the pretty young freshman. She had just "ported" to the campus, and was a bit confused. Her hair was silky red and shoulder length, and those eyes... she had to be a descendent of a Fae.

"That's how you get to Titania Hall though. Mind the Snapper Bushes along the way--they really will snap at you and well... I would be lying if I said that no one has lost a finger to them. "

She smiled and said thanks before walking away with her stuff. Xavier turned and kept walking towards the Coliseum. He reached up with his left hand and brushed a lock of his dark brown hair back behind his ears, as was an unconscious action. He was a man of average height, and twenty-one years of age. There was nothing unusual about him, save his slightly golden-tinged grey eyes. There was nothing racial or different about those though--sometimes the "Sight" gave you a different eye color, or a mix. It had a different way of affecting some people.

The coliseum was on the other side of the campus. It was located near the campus building where the sports programs were taught, which was away from where Xavier would be. He liked sports, but not enough to really be active in them. He honestly preferred dancing as far as physical activity went. Then again, what else would you expect from a guy whose major was Magical Linguistics?

It wasn't that he was magick, either. Xavier knew a few basic spells that mostly everyone learned just for the sake of knowing them. No, his specialty was teleportation. It wasn't in the normal sense though--Xavier was unable to teleport himself. He could teleport other beings or objects though. He called his ability Altruistic Teleportation.

Which kinda sucked when you had to still walk across campus to go places. This was the first day though--the 7 Deans were going to have their annual exhibition match against one another. It was a Battle Royale to determine who was going to be the Dean of Ceremonies this year. Last year it had been won by Doctor Essetfire but she had only pulled that off by a long shot, which was almost normal for someone of her intelligence. Up ahead Xavier could see the Roman-style Coliseum in all of its glory. The president would be there to judge, as he always did.

Xavier looked at his cell phone for a moment. His parents had just recently moved to New Mexico, and they were supposed to call him to let him know they made it alright, but they had not. They were probably busy unpacking or something, so it didn't really bother him. He smiled thinking back to the photo of them he left in his room in Tesla Hall--his dormitory.

Xavier couldn't help but ponder who his new roommate might be. His one last year had graduated. Perhaps he would even get a girl this time around (ETU was fine with co-ed rooms, considering one only had to press a button on the wall to throw up a privacy barrier around their side of the room). He was sure he would meet the person after the Battle Royale. Xavier brought his attention back to the world at large as he entered into the Coliseum, eager to see who would win this year...

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
"Take me away from time and season, far, far away, we’ll sing with reason, prepare a throne of stars above me, as the world once known will leave me."

The words he spoke earlier still echoed in his mind. To be honest, it took him awhile to remember the incantation. The eighteen year old freshman by the name of Rem Tucker stood in place to take in the scenery. Oh my what a great scene it was to look at the fresh cut grass, the buildings, and the interaction of the people. He took a breath of the clean air, reminded him of his home in Baltimore. Just then, he knew he had found a home away from home in ETU. Everyone passed him by, conversing with one another. Who would notice him? Rem stood six foot one and was almost of the average build for a guy his age, just a bit more muscular. He had short jet black hair that reached near the middle of his neck. It also hung over the left side of his face as bangs to cover his dark hazel eyes. Just a typical eighteen year old white guy.

"Rem Tucker!"

Rem turned his head to the right, a man wearing a black blazer with matching dress pants and shoes was stared him down. Rem brushed the bangs on the right side of his face out of the way and let his hazel eyes connect with the mans. "Yes?" There was a silence around them, it felt almost as if some sort of confrontation were about to ensue. However and very fortunately, that was not the case. Good thing too, while Rem was a natural in basic spells, he could only do defensive things at the moment. His home school teacher would not permit him to learn attack spells for fear of him misusing them, you know, that whole rebellious teen thing.

"I haven't seen you since you were a kid."

Rem raised an eyebrow out of confusion. He stared at the man a bit longer, "Aaron Green!"

Aaron nodded as the two simultaneously walked toward each other. The two met and greeted each other with a firm handshake, like two men would actually hug in public...psh. "Welcome to ETU, kid."

Von83194

Awards
“Take me away from time and season, Far, far away, we’ll sing with reason, Prepare a throne of stars above me, As the world once known will leave me.”

Gavon Lexington remembered the words. He could remember anything he read. He thought it humorous that most people thought that to be his mutation, being able to read and remember things quickly. He wasn't even a mutant. He just liked reading. Not exactly something you find in your average 17 year old college freshmen.

Then people thought because he was majoring in Arcane Studies, he could do some type of magic, but he doesn't know how to do magic (though he has read several spell books). No, Gavon is a direct descendant of a clan of humans who migrated underwater for survival. They learned how to breathe underwater, talk to and transform into fish, and several different thousand spells (the oceans a dangerous place you know). The myth of Atlantis was based on the largest city created by his people. They were often confused with mermen/maids, but they are completely different. Mer-people were half fish, half human, while they, scientifically named "qui aquatica", were humans who took on the characteristics of certain fish.

Basically his people have the power of "aquatic animal mimicry". Gavon didn't really have a problem with it, just a small thing about flying. Since pressure is greater underwater, he's slightly stronger and faster than the average mortal. He's quite tall, about 6 ft., and relatively thin with some muscle. He also has very sharp facial features, along with shoulder length jet black hair and pale skin.

Now, Gavon stood in the library, checking out a few spell books. He began contemplating who his room mate was. When he first unpacked, the other bed was completely unoccupied, and he guessed that they had yet to arrive. After the librarian was done, Gavon grabbed the books and head back to his dorm in Arc Hall. "I'll introduce myself, and then we can get to know each other on our way to the battle royal," he said to himself.

BladezofJustice

Take me away from time and season,
Far, far away, we’ll sing with reason,
Prepare a throne of stars above me,
As the world once known will leave me.”

If there was one thing Sam never got used to, it was teleportation. He had a great aunt that still laid claim to their shamanistic roots in Africa and once was able to transport him from her house onto a newly made playground four blocks away. Of course he wasn't expecting it; he experienced vertigo which made him nauseous for weeks after.

However instead of chalking it up to his lack of experience with magic, Sam eventually got a hold of his great aunt's spell books years later after becoming fully used to the idea of magic and studied them, identifying several critical flaws to the spell after cross referencing it with other authors. Within a couple of days, he had perfected the spell, which (months later) made his incantation to E-TU that much more bearable and pleasant.

This ability of examining something's logic and structural flaws and re-designing it to be flawless didn't have a name as far as he knew. Because of that, he felt that he owed himself a chance to come to E-TU to learn more about his power.

He had enrolled into the School of Mystery to do just that. As well as Magical Linguistics. Because his powers dealt with logic and the "language" behind it, what better than to study the science behind all of magic's language?

That had been a couple of hours ago, however. He had become so enraptured with the school that he had neglected to even unpack his clothes and possessions in his dorm room. They had put him in Arc Hall, a co-ed dorm. He had been an only child, so the thought of sharing space with someone else was foreign to him. But he was looking forward to it.

By the time he had brought his luggage into the dorm, whoever his roommate was had already unpacked everything and had left.

He wondered who his roommate was.​

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
“Take me away from time and season,

"Will that thing ever change signifcantly?

Gabriel, or just Gabe as a few friends might call him, walks through the campus with his solitary bag slung over his left shoulder. To look at him one would expect him to be just your average human with a tan. For the most part that person would be correct. The would be correct about the human and tan parts, but the average is where they would fall short. It's unclear why, but Gabe seems to have always been gifted with knowledge of the martial arts. He's not a master at a single one so he tends to mix things up should he ever get into a fight. But then again, those are pretty common for those that attend the Athletic's School. Still, he manages to ignore the overwhelming hunger in his stomach and decides to admire the polished gauntlets and greaves on his hands and feet. He looks to the carefully placed emitters and remembers the last time that he used them.

He finally makes a mental note to thank the friend of his from the technology department for making them and decides to look around for his dorm building. He makes a mental note of where Oberon is and remembers that the place he seeks is a bit off from that spot. He spent the previous year in Oberon so he wants to make things a bit more interesting for the twenty year old from L.A. He looks at the small sheet attached to his bag strap and sees that this year he's staying in Arc Hall, quite difference from where he normally stayed. With that in his mind he quickly recalls the location of the hall and activates the UV emitters on the bottom of his feet with a hard push. The force sends out a wave of heat in his general vicinity and propels him through the air.

He takes the brief moment to enjoy the sights of the area. He shakes his head once to send the short bang of his dark brown hair out of his light brown eye. Well that and his left eye which happens to be green. He finally lands near the entrance to his new home and looks around. He stretches his entire five feet and ten inches frame only to feel the muscles tighten under his skin. He finally walks into the building and down a few halls only to see that most people have met up with his or her roommate, save for one guy that seems to have just missed his. It's at that point that he realizes just where his own room is. He walks into the room next to the one holding the lonely guy and tosses his bag onto one of the beds. At that point he just falls back onto the matress and decides to wait for his own rommate.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Ugh, such awful words - other songs are far better. Makes me want to let blood flow farther than the Nile itself. Gibyr Witticus recalled briefly when such an incantation had once never been required to be said, when the world had been. . less restrictive. Oh, I can be jailed for involuntary manslaughter? Such frivolous inconsistencies! If I kill someone purposefully, I'll gleefully go into the prison myself!

The nine bells of his jester's hat jingled and jangled as he walked with a steady gait on the University's paths, hands clasped behind his back, satchel slung on a shoulder, books, utensils, and kits nestled inside; every now and then, however, he often nearly let slip the knives tucked up his sleeves - this twenty-two year-old body was still new to him, and the minor cuts on his forearms from misplacement still stung, if only a little.

His alternating motley of purple, green, and gold was still mostly the same - once this body had become his, Master Witticus had gone to every extreme to sew a new suit to this figure - five foot nine, slim though muscular, and his feet had to be at least an inch or two bigger than the last. No trace of skin was visible on him - he had long since gone past forgiving humanity for their sins against him.
And how long ago was that, pray tell? Blasted magicians and their gobble-de-gook and mischief!

Good morning, maggots! He leered at a group of supposed 'upper-class-men, their faces turning in disgust at the Mask's shifting, curling in a vile smile. I'll spill their guts out somewhere else - I doubt these newer teachers have strong enough stomachs. I wonder, does young Miss Estrielle still teach in the School of Mystery here? She's always far better than the other oaf professors at training my new body to connect with this old mind of mine! Little bird she is! Just want to strangle her with joy! And of course, must go back over my Null Magic homework, right? Still remember number eighty-seven on the final tests that stung me harder than when I was stabbed to death in Venice, 1485 - Carnevale, if I recall, and don't remember anything after until, what, 1501? How time flies - like dying flies!

The Mask twisted its form, back to a simple, first-day-of-school grin, as he methodically stalked along the paths once more, ever searching for despicable quarry. Passing by a rather ornately-crafted fountain, the Mask of the Unforgiven was reflected in the clear sheet of water. Forged of the purest silver, with the finest gold inlay, the eye and mouth holes carved out, its physical properties and craftmanship alone could purchase back a rather large chunk of the trifling world debt, though, that was not what the Mask had been designed for.

It, in itself, was Witticus.
Ohoho, yes. Those pesky enchanters sought to imprison me for my 'heinous acts?' Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler - all have more blood on their hands than I could wish for! And they trap my soul inside this Mask, to teach me mercy? To bring me compassion or such dribbling nonsense? Hah! Now they are microscopically degraded, while I live on! Sure, finding just the right host is difficult, but this body will last me another thirty years at best - then to the next victim! Such a delicious cycle!

Once again, he had returned to the seat of learning for those persecuted, hunted, or otherwise alone in such a homo sapien dominated world. Inferior to us, so they reject us. Hope they enjoy long bleeding sessions like they do their 'exercising!' Joyfully, and with a spring in his step, Witticus skipped over to the registration center, eager to continue his near-eternal cycle of retraining and relearning what his eternal mind had to teach his mortal body.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

The words still hung fresh in his mind, repeating over and over again as if to be committed to memory. It had been his first time using a teleportation spell and the sensation was quite something. Though it was only natural for him to feel that way, given that it was his first time, but, like most everything else, Ivan could only imagine it would fall into routine and lose all the excitement it held for him at this very moment.

Telsa Hall. That was the name of the dormitory where Ivan would be living. That was what he was told, at least, and then promptly sent on his way. Telsa Hall. Telsa Hall. Telsa Hall. Ivan needed to find his dormitory not only to locate his room, but to mark it on his mental map of the campus and its location from certain points. It wasn't a meticulous act or anything of such. Ivan simply liked to know his way to important places beforehand rather than wondering around like a fool.

As Ivan scanned the area, his eyes set upon some sort of coliseum, which seemed to be drawing in a lot of people, as well as being the source of a lot of noise and cheering. Was there some sort of contest going on? What a silly question. Of course, there had to be something of that sort going on, but exactly what it was is what piqued Ivan's interest.

"I really should find my dorm," Ivan muttered to himself, looking at the coliseum like a dieter to a piece of cake. He knew he would be better off ignoring the coliseum, but, honestly, the surge of curiosity was just too much. "Though I suppose..." A small smile grew across his face. "Looking for a few minutes couldn't hurt too much."

His smile, however, faded as quickly as it had arrived, for, as he begun walking toward the coliseum, people already began to push away from him like a same-sided magnet. Ivan figured as much, especially more here than with normal people. Most of the people here could feel, sense, and even smell the dark aura that spilled off Ivan. He might as well have been wearing skunk perfume. As such, people generally went out of their way to avoid Ivan, given the general feel of death and evil that hung around the man like a decomposing corpse.

But, such was the fate of the man, belonging to the only known family that are descendants of an actual lich. Oh yes, a lich. A creature that, during its time, was more fear and hated than most other races. Oh, and his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandad was the worst of all the known liches. Hel'Hazark the Blight. A lich who will forever be remembered in history for being truly heartless and completely evil, preforming acts of pure malice that transcended any acts or thoughts of mankind. Hel'Hazark, having finally been brought down and near death, planned to outsmart his foes and implanted a seed into Ivan's ancestor in hopes of reincarnating himself as her child, only to have his phylactery destroyed mid-spell. The result was a child half-human and half-lich who continued their bloodline through deplorable and unspeakable acts. And the rest was history, one that Ivan wasn't particularly found of sharing. And while the lich's appearance had long since left his bloodline, the lich's aura remained.

"Yes, that's why I have no friends," Ivan mumbled to himself, glancing at the passing people through glares. "They all left. Every one of them, driven away by my dark aura. They left me alone. They hurt me. That's why..." Ivan put his attention back on the now-closer coliseum for a moment, as if to check if it's still there. "Never again... will I make friends."

Ivan entered the coliseum and, with his mind distracted and his eyes not paying attention, bumped into another person who too was walking into the coliseum. He wasn't able to make out the person, given the fact that he was falling toward the floor at that moment, but was able to let out a loud "Watch it!" in mid-fall. With his world now upright, Ivan looked up from the floor to see who he had bumped into.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace

These words were spoken simultaeneously by the twins boys that stood only three meters apart. The boy on the right was too over enthusiastic as evidence by the unnatural backflip while the other boy was not happy to even be here but, they were forced regardless of how they felt. Their families have been attending E-Ternity ever since their grandparents were in the beginning of their elongated lifespan. Now it was their turn to begin their mark upon the world and it would be grand. Ceon and Syra Tavar were their names and it was easy to tell one apart only because of their hair and vastly different personalities.

There were both of a light brown color and stood at a height of only 5'4" which was quite short when compared to the average height of a man. Ceon's hair was silver with two bangs hanging over his face and a ponytail that looked like a lion's mane which was in contrast to Syra's medium length silver hair with bright blonde ends. Their eyes both shared the evident purple iris glow that lived within all their family members on their father's side while they each had a red triangular mark on their left cheek. Ceon's body was much buffer then Syra's slighty athletic body though Ceon's muscles were quite misleading to his actual higher level strength. Their were two distinct features to Ceon though as his body radiated heat that could be seen almost effortlessly and he had orange and red wings jutting out his back.

As with their clothing, Ceon and Syra kept it simple despite how rich they were. Ceon wore a black t-shirt that stopped at his waist, dark blue jeans that hung low off his waist, black tennis shoes outlined with white and a belt that was long enough to allow part of it to hang infront of him. Syra instead wore a stylish black leather jacket, a red tank top underneath, black jeans that could almost be considered skinny jeans and red tennis shoes with black outlines. Both wore earrings in both ears that were square shaped but, Ceon had a third earring at the top of his left ear. Both kept a necklace and pendant except while Syra wore his, Ceon kept his wrapped around his right hand. These pendants were meant to allow the boys to communicate with eachother while also being keep sakes for their own children.

Taking their first step on the very grounds of the school, Ceon's mind was racked with thoughts of how they would be perceived. See Ceon was a pheonix/human which was a mythical fire bird. As a human, he could control flames but, not at a large scale but, he can also take the form of a medium sized pheonix. Unlike the legend of a pheonix, Ceon couldn't renew himself after death but, he had a regenerative body. His brother though was not gifted with his mother's abilities nor species but, moreso he was gifted with his father's magical prowress. He could use a form of magic known as Construct Mana. He could form things from swords to a jet plane so far but, nothing to big unlike his father who can make a building. Syra was gifted with enhanced physical abilities like his brother but, he was only more agile then his twin.

Lookign two different directions, Ceon had enrolled with the school of athletics but, he was in the classes of heroism and Four M and Fifth M Relations while Syra was in the school of law and his programs included Arcane Studies, Magical Linguistics, and History of Lost Races/Cultures but, it was unfortunate for him that both had to be in the School of Mystery as well. Syra just wanted to get to his room though and drop his bag off before wandering around and seeing the Colisseum. He was in the Arc Hall while Ceon was in the Tesla Hall. Ceon smiled at the thought of watching epic battle between warriors in the Colisseum.

"Hey! Be good. I'm heading off to my dorm." Syra said nonchalantly and Ceon nodded with excitement. Ceon was almost too happy like a new-born puppy. Syra, using his powers, contructed a pair of inline skates before dashing off to the Arc Hall. The university was rather big with many sights to behold like the many races that roamed around. It was a minute before he was at the Arc Hall. Decontructing his skates, Syra pulled a piece of paper from his pocket all the while flciking his lucious hair back. "Too only think that Me and Ceon are only ninteen. Guess were too smart." The beautiful boy said as he walked throughout the hall. As he transcended within the large hallway, females were staring and some guys were glaring. You could say that hatred was always pointed at him regardless of his actions. Finally finding his room, he created a hand construct to open the door before kicking it. "Hope it ain't broken." He mumbled as he entered. Looking around, there was already a guy laying on a bed. He wore some weird gauntlets and greaves but, looked to be some average human with a tan. "Yo." Ceon said in a boring voice and he then set his duffle bag on the opposite bed.

Ceon ran amok while his brother was gone. He doing frontflips and jumping up high with a big smile. He always heard about the great stories about his mom and dad's college life which was even used as bedtime stories for him. For him, he wanted to go to the colisseum mostly and compete. He would do anything to compete and see how far he could get. It had nothing to do with glory but, more so with his warrior spirit as he liked to call it. Approaching the colisseum, he was overwhelmed by how grand it was. The Roman style was always an interesting style of art and as such their colisseum was probably crowning acheivement in his eyes. He made his way to the entrance to see a man run smack into another guy before falling on his ass. Running over to them, Ceon looked at the guy on the ground who hadn't even looked up yet. Holding his hand out, Ceon asked "Hey need some help up?" He was such a helpful teen regardless of the situation.

Von83194

Awards
Gavon stood at the edge of a lake. A salt-water lake. He couldn't believe his eyes. He knew that the school would have a pool, but a lake? He was trying to resist his urge to jump in. I really should go see if my roommate is here yet, he thought to himself. Then again.....his body really needed some water. They probably wouldn't mind too much. He took off his purple hoodie and grey jeans to reveal a black wet suit underneath. He ran into the watter and then dived down. It felt so good to breath in some good old H2O. He came back up and then swam to shore. "Thats better," he said to himself. He grabbed his cloths and books and then continued walking towards his dorm.

When he got there he was still soaking wet, and left wet footprints wherever he went. I'll just dry off once I get to the room. He walked up the stairs to see a guy kick in the door of the room next to his. I see we have some interesting neighbors. He walked to his room and opened the door to find his room mate standing there. For a minute there was an awkward silence but then he streached out a wet webbed hand and said "Hey, I'm Gavon, your roommate."

Lord of Chaos

"Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the battle royale might indeed be coming to a close!"

The floor of the coliseum was a light with all sorts of different spells and activities. The 7 Deans were frantically trying to finish one another off, but before long they separated into different battles:

Porlanis was going toe-to-toe with Damien on one side of the floor that looked like ruins of what, at the beginning of the match, was some structure. Damien was firing off with the best control spells he could muster at the elven-descendent. However, Porlanis' knowledge of law and order magicks was on par with Damien's, giving her an edge on his attacks as he cast them left and right. Though, it couldn't be denied that despite this, she was slowly being backed into a corner.

Lona was facing off against Alister. So far, it appeared that Lona was giving the short man a run for his money--however, at the last moment, it would always seem that he would dodge her attacks or traps. Even if he was being worried in battle, Alister still held a smile on his face, and his hat never fell off of his head. Lona furrowed her brow as she tried blindingly fast punches and kicks, only to find that Alister somehow managed to "trip" over a root in the forest area they were located in.

The two "masterminds," Edival and Traema were locked in a silent battle of wits. They were standing atop some mechanical monsters they had rigged up somewhere along the battle, Edival atop a bull that was charging at the wolf-mecha that Traema was piloting. The two looked as if they were having the time of their lives, not knowing who would come out looking like the smarter victor.

Meanwhile, Elder Ryssa was simply sitting atop a pillar, safe within a golden bubble of light. She watched her competitors tire themselves out and beat each other into submission while she rested and regained her strength.

As the fights raged on, they somehow drew closer to one another, all towards the center of the battlefield, which was a low cement floor about 150 yards across in either direction. Ryssa's pillar was near one of the corners, so she never had to move. However, the rest of them found themselves ending up atop the cement floor. They looked at one another briefly, noting each one's position so that no other one could get the drop on them.

The President, Julian DeGray, was watching from his seat, cheering with the rest of the administration. He looked like he had that confident twinkle in his eye, as if he already knew who the victor would be. It was no surprise though--Julian had predicted every victor since he had been there. After each Battle Royale was over, the piece of paper that he had locked away with his prediction of victor was brought out, with the right name on it. His power allowed him to do that. Nonetheless, he cheered anyway.

As the combatants circled one another on the floor, the crowd could feel it was coming to an end. The question was, who would make the first move?

Apparently, Damien Riker. He had been mumbling under his breath for the past thirty seconds or so, an incantation of mass proportions. It was an incantation that would "lock" everyone out of their own abilities or prowess, while simultaneously ending any kind of spells or abilities that might be present within 300 yards--in other words, the majority of the coliseum floor.

"In Ordis! Activate!"

A white field leaped across the battlefield, covering everything and everyone on it. None of the other combatants knew it was coming, not even the Elder Ryssa, who was also caught in it. Dust flew all around, and the crowd was cheering. Slowly, the field faded, and the dust settled, and the crowd suddenly went quiet. Damien cheered as he looked at his locked down opponents, but their attention wasn't on him.

It was on the dead body at the center of the floor.

Damien turned and saw it, and suddenly let the spell dissipate. Everyone in the crowd started to get uneasy and some started screaming. Julian DeGray was on his feet, eyes wide and visibly shaking--even he, in all of his ever-knowing knowledge, had not predicted this as an outcome, and it was fairly obvious.

The deans and security suddenly moved for the body. From where Xavier stood, it was clear that the body belong to a female student. Her head was missing, but the body was there, in tact and clothed, as if she had been walking to class and suddenly her head vanished. From where he stood, the body looked pretty fresh, too--this had to of been recently. Who would have had the ability and foresight to hide it in the middle of the coliseum though?

Xavier stroked his chin as the crowds around started pushing for the exit, some hysterical, some silent, some screaming. Xavier dodged them artfully as he stood there. It was clear to him: someone wanted them all to see this, and knew that at some point, their ability would be undone... or was it a spell? He couldn't tell, because there were both that could hide a body if necessary. Whoever did this, was a very clever person...

Xavier remembered back to all of the disappearances that had been going on on campus. He made an assumption that this was connected, though he wasn't sure how. There was a medic on field now, and they were starting to transport the body as the announcer said for everyone to please return to their dorm rooms immediately and in an orderly fashion. Anyone who was caught outside would be brought in for discipline.

Xavier turned and walked towards an exit, still deep in thought, and a little lost in shock. Who was doing this? They had to be stopped... now.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
As the world once known will leave me.”​

It was, to say the least, a nice poem. Perhaps to a lover, pining for their return. Or even friends who haven't seen one another for quite some time. Either way, the tune seemed to ooze with magic, though to say she was nervous was an understatement. It wasn't every day that you went to college, let alone one like this one. It wasn't too bad; she had someone to hold her hand through it, though she knew she really shouldn't depend on it, she did anyway.

Lucille Genevieve opened her violet-colored eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the light. It was amazing, to say the least, and the sight took her breath away. It just looked perfect, almost like a hidden paradise. Rubbing her eyes a bit, she looked around curiously, and spotted what she was looking for.

"Aimee!"

Her sister grinned back at her, already trekking through the arriving students. It was not every day she could see her, but every time she did it seemed she was more perfect than the last. She was a tall, graceful young woman, at the peak of her youth. Her long, silvery-platinum hair fluttered in the breeze behind her, and her white, spaghetti strapped dress followed suit. Her figure was long and a bit lanky, and her skin pale. To Lucille, she looked like a goddess; to the rest of the world, an angel. It isn't surprising; the blood of her ancestors ran strong within her veins. If she had wings, she would definitely be the fairy her great-great-grandmother was.

"Bonjour, mon ami!" She greeted her, swooping down to take her bag. "Oh, what in the world did you do to your hair?"

Lucille turned a bright shade of pink, matching her head. You see, in reality, she is a copy of her sister, though obviously younger (and shorter, sadly). However, in an act of rebellion, she tried to dye her hair in a fashion one of her favorite singers did. What Lucille didn't know, however, was that the dye was much too bright, and rather than a vibrant shade of red, her hair was instead a bold hot pink.

"I am just kidding! It looks cute!" Aimee assured her, patting her head as her violet eyes locked onto hers. "You are young, this is the time of your life to try everything!"

"I know." Lucille mumbled, swiping her sister's hand away.

"How is Mama? Is she well? I do hope she got my messages."

As the two talked on and on, they headed towards the building. It was one of the strangest things, going to school with your older sibling. You'd think they'd be embarrassed or try to avoid you, but Aimee practically dragged Lucille around everywhere, showing her off like she was some kind of porcelain doll. She hoped she looked presentable; she had just thrown on some jeans and a tank top, she wasn't much to think about how she dressed.

Their blood wasn't pure, but their powers ran strong, Aimee herself manipulated the energy around her, being able to exert it in powerful blasts. She could take energy away from living things to harm them or give the energy back as a way of healing, though she says it's easier to give than to take. Last Lucille heard, Aimee could even fly--the family had considered her the golden child, as her power was strong.

Lucille wasn't too far behind, though. Though Aimee was an Energy Bearer, Lucille herself manipulated light. It was a precise and complicated process, though one she was proud of. She could bend light waves around herself and turn herself (and what she wanted) invisible. That wasn't everything she could do, however; after much, much practice and some hard training, she was able to produce barriers large enough to cover herself. It still needed some work, but it was her thing and it was something no one else in the family could do.

"This is Tesla Hall."

Aimee's voice brought Lucille back to reality. She looked up at the building in awe, and quickly trailed behind her sister.

"I'm so surprised, you are very bold to pick a co-ed dorm." Aimee continued, peering at the room numbers.

"What?! They allow that here?!" Lucille squeaked, dropping her bag.

"Ah, I thought you knew? Well, that's why I picked this one, anyway~" Aimee giggled sheepishly, as if admitting a secret. Lucille's jaw was probably on the floor, though she managed to pick up her bag as she looked for her room. "Look, we are neighbors!" Aimee pointed to her room, then to the one across.

"Oh, awesome. Great." Lucille peered into her room, but to her relief, no one was there.

Aimee followed her in and jumped onto the mattress, putting her feet up against the wall. "We shall decorate. It is too plain." She announced.

That's what you're worried about? "Sure..." Lucille sighed, dragging her things in.

BladezofJustice

Sam looked at this soaking wet individual holding out his hand. He had web hands and and was dripping onto the floor. Strangely enough, this did not unnerve him. With the weird things that happened between his family and all the crazy things he had seen at the university, this was on the low end of the weird scale. The minute he had walked in, Sam had determined his point of origin. The heaving pale skin soaking up the moisture of the water on his body and his sharp facial features placed him as an qui aquatica.

All of this sped by within an instance in Sam's head as he gripped Gavon's hand and shook it. "What's going on man? The name's Sam Norris. Pleased to meet you."

It was at that moment that they heard the shriek outside their window. Sam walked over to the window and gazed out toward the coliseum where the noises seemed to originate. He looked back at Gavon. "Hey, you know what's going on over there?"

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
((I'm going to use a template for the basics, and an actualy post, if that's okay.))
Name: Evan Protaeus Nitener

Age: He looks much younger than he actually is, having an appearance of a young teenager around fifteen. His youthful look hides a vast experience and physical prowess, not to mention incredible ability. His hair is a mess of brown curls, his eyes blue though hidden behind the bangs of his hair. He wears a grey t-shirt with a billowing black overshirt, trimmed in silver, with matching black pants.

Dormitory: Tesla Hall

Race: Human

Appearance: His youthful look hides a vast experience and physical prowess, not to mention incredible ability. His hair is a mess of brown curls, his eyes blue though hidden behind the bangs of his hair. He wears a grey t-shirt with a billowing black overshirt, trimmed in silver, with matching black pants. His face is scarred from a long ago battle, and his eyes carry the weight of years under them, a strange twist to his appearance.

Evan sighed contently, staring into the sky happily, feeling it's warm rays against his skin. He could still remember the words that had brought him here, far away from his home, and all he had known. It had only been an hour but it felt like forever since he had spoken them, he supposed it was because of the potential this place had, he didn't have any connection to ancient races, and he didn't suppose he had any special gifts either, he was naturally built, maybe a little faster than most people his age but certainly not to any amazing degree. And yet, someone had told him the words, given him the secret to this amazing school, and now, who knew what the future held. The future is truly up to me now. he said peacefully, his eyes blinking shut as he began to drift into unconsciousness.

And then he heard the scream. Not just one, but a plethora of loud, shrill voices fraught with panic. Jesus! He bolted to his feet, looking around for the source of the commotion, and saw people fleeing from the colliseum. He knew it was a bad idea, knew that he should just head back to his room, where he had left his stuff just slightly before, and yet, he ran towards the arena, feeling something pulling him in, something he couldn't quite describe.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Skipping along the pathway to the Coliseum from registration, after the baffled records keeper had to sift through files to find his, Gibyr Witticus wondered at the meandering small pockets of peoples which were leaving the almighty structure's boundaries as he approached. Mutters and whispers of those leaving lurked into his mind, and the mask curved upwards into a fuming frown. Surely I wasn't late! Never! In all my years of attendance, never have I missed - although have been late - to the annual match of the year! Blasphemy! This is simply uncalled for! Why, if I had a person to just slice their head off, I'd just bathe in their blood! Let it well up from their stunted neck, by all the Old Gods!

He mentally cursed any sort of malefic bastard had dared interrupt the game of games, leering about at the students and teachers who passed him by, bumping into some average meat-sack who, despite his optimally normal appearance, showed to have odd grey eyes, tinged with gold.

Do you mind? The Jovial Jester placed his motley-covered hands upon hips in a very present-time fashion, gazing at the fellow he'd come into contact with. I'm off to kill whoever was responsible for my lack of fun today, and tie their entrails into butterflies to make up for my entertainment! Are you perhaps the fellow that dared spoil my enjoyment, good sir? How would you like your entrails to be spun? I'm thinking cup and saucer.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
"Quite a show, wouldn't you agree Mr. Xavier?"

Noah, or better known as Professor Kuromori to his students, walked up next to Xavier in his usual, casual and mysterious way. Perhaps too casual. While everyone else panicked and screamed, Noah reacted as if nothing was out of the norm. But Noah was always somewhat like that, really. Being a descendant of an ancient Japanese order of highly skilled ninjas, Noah was quickly calloused to trivial things such as death to the point that the corpse of a decapitated girl suddenly appearing from thin air in the middle of a coliseum didn't affect the man in the slightest. In fact, one could say that Noah's face actually showed the slightest glimmer of amusement from the students' reaction to the body. He couldn't help but feel that it was really an overreaction on their part and that their screaming and cries of panic was simply childish.

He had always been taught to expect the unexpected and was something that he, too, passed to his students in his "Advanced Combat" course in Heroism, that and how to effectively deal with the unexpected. Though it was called "Advanced Combat", Noah's course, in truth, extended far pass the use of students' abilities in just combat into areas such as effectively using their abilities in dangerous situations, understanding the mindsets of villainous people, and how to focus and tune their senses to zone in on certain things they would have otherwise missed, such as the corpse now in the middle of the field.

"It would appear..." Noah started, his accented voice trailing off. He took a moment to look at the ensuing panic of students pouring out of the coliseum like water while the faculty and staff tried to regain order from the overflowing chaos. There was already one death this day and, from this chaos, there very well could be more if the students weren't calmed down. Who knew how many students were injured by their fellow panicking classmates at this point? "Whoever planted this body here seems to have achieved their objective in causing a panic. Also..." Noah turned his attention back to Xavier and looked him in the eyes. "It would appear they have sent a message confirming their existence, whoever they may be."

Noah turned his gaze upon Julian DeGray, who still appeared as shocked as when the body had first appeared. A few administrative staff next to the president seemed to be comforting the man at this point, trying to guide the man back to his seat. "Given his shock, I can tell you the president did not even see this coming, meaning we are likely up against a particularly power and crafty foe. Though I'm sure you have likely already figured that out, no? You are, after all, one of the more observant students on this campus." Noah let out a small chuckle. "Tell me, Mr. Xavier, what do you see? That is, apart from the obvious fact that the body was placed with the foresight of Mr. Riker's incantation cancelling out the spell that concealed it." Noah paused for a second before deciding to rephrase the presented question. "Rather, Mr. Xavier, it might be more appropriate to ask: What do you sense?"

---------------​

Ivan turned his head toward the direction of the voice, his eyes setting upon a teenager, possibly only a few years younger than himself, with his arm extended to help Ivan up. Ivan looked the young man up and down through glared eyes, his right eye, light blue in color, looking as cold and heartless as bone-chilling ice, while his left eye, goldenrod in color, looked as if it stored all the hatred of the world. After studying the teen for a few seconds, Ivan's face twisted into a grimace as he slapped the teen's hand away.

"Save your pity!" Ivan growled, pulling himself to his feet. "I don't need any help, especially yours!" Ivan dusted the dirt from his black pants, a disgusted look still on his face that was slowly changing into anger. As he organized himself, he spared one last look at the teen and gave a cocky smirk. "Be seeing you, kid. Oh, and before I forget..."

Ivan turned his complete attention to the person who had run into him, a teen, now that he got a good look at him, possibly the same age as the other one. He grabbed the boy's throat with his right hand and closed it, choking the boy just enough to firmly get his attention. Ivan needed to establish himself at the university, and he couldn't help but feel this was the best opportunity to do so. Plus, he needed to repay the teen for rudely knocking him over. Ice slowly began to form on the teen's neck, originating from Ivan's fingers and spreading outward. Soon, the teen's neck was covered in a thin sheet of ice. "Next time," Ivan growled, releasing his hold on the teen's neck. "Perhaps we'll watch more carefully where we're going and be more wary of who we're bumping into, yes?"

With his point made, Ivan turned his attention back to the coliseum and made his way, though through a flood of outpouring people, into the coliseum. It seemed that, during his recent distraction, something had happened in the coliseum. Ivan was now more interested than ever in getting inside the coliseum.

Lord of Chaos

There was some weird creature in front of him. It seemed wholly malevolent, yet... not focused in its intent. The evil existed without a drive, without a goal. It wasn't evil then--perhaps chaos? That could have been it. Xavier began to feel sick to his stomach slightly. Did this one have anything to do with the coliseum?

"If you're wanting to kill me... you'll have to work for it, I'm afraid."

His eyes started to dilate slightly, the color shifting back and forth between grey and gold. He brought his hands out in front of him, about to send this one as far away as possible, and then...

He was interrupted by a professor. Not just any professor, but Professor Kuromori. He flooded his mind with a bout of questions. Xavier shook his head and stepped back from the clown, towards the professor.

"I'm... I'm not sure. Someone very powerful, but judging from what I saw of the body, it had to be recent. There were no obvious signs of decomposition... but that could have been held with a spell. However, that would be ultimately pointless, and would have been undone as well, I believe, with Riker's ability. Other than that, if our might-as-well-be-omnipotent president didn't see it coming, then there might be a force larger than us at work. " That was, if it was someone else. Xavier thought about it for a moment--there should have been nothing outside of President DeGray's view. Either this was a super-powerful spell, or the president was involved... But that made no sense. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose from this.

Xavier looked back up at the professor and then back to the clown. "Sorry sir, I'm a bit distracted... this one wants to hang my entrails or something equally as macabre. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back