• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E-Ternity University Chapter 1: Hellbound for Heaven

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
[FONT=&quot]There's a place, where the magical, the mutant, the metahuman, and the marvelous come together. Consider the Earth and its age. Consider its fairy tales. These stories, while largely myth, do have a bit of truth in them. It is this truth that has been bled out through the ages and through the history books.

Elves, dwarves, and other nonhuman creatures have existed. They used to exist in great numbers. Now, their bloodlines are intermingled with humans, in all sorts of manners. The magic that flowed through the blood of thousands of races and the world around us has been diluted and twisted, shaped and reshaped. Now all that exist are the four Ms. Sure, some humans might have elven ears, or be short of stature, but rest assured, they are human at the end of the day.

But where does the day end or even begin? For these folk, it’s in their own world. Their world is the same as ours, yes, but it has its own magical places, own realms that the fifth M (the mundane) cannot see. This is about one of those places: E-Ternity University.

Good ole E-TU. This is where, after training to understand themselves and the world around them, those of the Four Ms come to build themselves into a more important part of the world. Of course, this place works like any University--except for the whole magic thing. While you could get a degree in History, which would you choose? Wars, Peoples, or Magical Cultures? The programs vary, all under the watchful eyes of the Professors and the 7 Deans. Oh... and the President.

However, while people are enjoying the "college life" and living it up... it seems that there is something amiss. Students are disappearing... Considering how many students actually attend this college (the only one of its particular density and size, though others DO exist), one would not take notice--which is what the faculty wants at the moment, in order to investigate. These students are possibly dead, or injured. No one knows. Maybe no one ever will.

So welcome to E-Ternity University. Enjoy your academic adventure, and stay out of trouble, always.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Welcome to E-Ternity University! We have multitudes of Programs and Schools for you to choose from. Here is a list of our prestigious schools:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

1. [FONT=&quot]School of Arts:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] From the Poetic to the Impressionist, this school encompasses all things Liberal in design: History, Language, Music, etc. The dean of this school is Doctor Edival Lenteus. He has seen over this place for the past 130 years, making him the second-oldest Dean on campus. His power is Creative Ignition, which allows him to answer any question (to the best of his capabilities) or create any kind of idea. Considering him a MacGuyver of the mind. He can formulate answers with the power of a Super-Computer, and is considered to have an IQ of well over 4,000. Having this, he has also designed a way to live well past the typical human lifespan...[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]School of Business:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Want to learn how to make a dollar? Buy a book. Want to learn how to be wealthy your whole life? Learn from these guys. The dean of this school is Doctor Alister O'Grady. He traces his lineage back to the first faery folk that inhabited the British Isles. People say this is why he's so successful, but some say it's the fact that he's arguably one of the cruelest and most deviant minds in the Economy today... He has the ability of Uncanny Luck. Sometimes this works in his favor...sometimes it doesn't. [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]School of Law: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The ideas of justice and punishment are always topics of controversy. The same could be said here, where some students have ended up in the Medical Ward due to arguments. For those wondering, Philosophy is taught here and not at the School of Arts. The dean of this school is Doctor Damien Riker. He's a practitioner of Law and Order Magicks. They say his ability in a courtroom is unparalleled... but many wonder if this is due to his powers, or the fact that he's arguably one of the most intimidating men on campus and never lost a case.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]School of Maths and Sciences: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Want to learn the secrets of Mechanical Engineering? Perhaps your mouth waters at the idea of Linear Algebra. Either way, you're welcome to study here, where they say that Euclid even taught... This school is the largest on campus (seeing as how at one point it was two different schools). The dean is Doctor Traema Essetfire. While she is a completely normal human as far as most are concerned, it's rumored that most of the technological advancements in the past 15 years have to do with her. She's the youngest dean on campus and a prodigy unlike the world has ever seen. [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]School of Divinity: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ever wonder if there's a higher power than our own? Or several? Well here they'll tell you. Come study one of the numerous religions, or start one of your own maybe. The dean here is Elder Ryssa Obun. While not quite a "Doctor", this Elder Priestess is well over 70, but just as quick as a 40 year old. She wields the power of Divine Protection, calling on the mantles of Gods and Goddesses to create the ultimate shelters for the suffering. [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]School of Athletics[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Got a thing for being an athlete? Love to run 100 mile distances or perhaps you have an unrivaled mastery of Kung Fu? This is the school for you. The dean is Doctor Lona Eldenstar. She possesses Enhanced Physical Attributes such as speed, agility, strength, etc. There's no other dean on campus that'll whip you into shape faster. [/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]School of Mystery: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]So you've been given the gift of being the descendant of a lost race, or you have super powers, or perhaps you're just human with an edge over anyone else. This school teaches you all about your abilities and what to do with them. This school is special in that it doesn't so much as offer Programs to get a Degree in (though a few exist) so much as it's a requisite for coming here. After all, a Pyromancer's gotta know what can burn and what can't, right? The dean here is High Archivist Porlanis Estrielle. She's the oldest faculty member on campus at 183 years old. Then again, what would you expect from a descendant of elves? She doesn't look a day over 43. Her knowledge of abilities, races, and otherwise is unmatched with her Knowledge Permanence ability. She's also not too bad with a spellbook, they say....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
So someone has to be the head of this wonderful school, right? Ours is the esteemed:

President (Doctor) Julian DeGray:
Julian DeGray graduated from ETU 18 years ago with his Doctorate in Arcane Studies (one of the few programs in the School of Mystery). He went on to lead several successful projects within the community of the Four Ms and became a very powerful figure who was thought would run for an office of power on Earth (probably President of the USA). However, Julian opted to come back and become President of E-Ternity University, because he felt that the newer generations would need true inspiration rather than some politician behind a desk. His power of Panoptic Discord lets him see all things at once, consider all parts to everything, every event or word.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are a list of programs you can do here? Well, to be short, pretty much any degree you could get at any other college! Seeing that we have to cater to so many, if a program does not exist that you wish to take, we will do our best to create it for you (within reason)! However, the programs of the School of Mystery are permanent and cannot be added to or changed.

School of Mystery Programs:[/FONT]​

• [FONT=&quot]Arcane Studies[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]History of Lost Races/Cultures (emphasis in particular race/culture)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Magical Linguistics[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Mystical, Mutant, Metahuman, Marvelous Law (different from the SoL's programs)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Villainy[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Heroism[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Four M and Fifth M Relations[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]​
So where is our college located? In a hidden zone located within Antarctica. Thanks to the advancements of our technologies and magic, we have created a habitable zone the size of Colorado at the center of the Antarctic Continent. To get there you have to be invited, or know the spell to use. All students, upon admission are given the spell. This habitat has a little something for everyone: a beach, some forests, a mountain, fields, there’s even a few cities! The campus itself though, is located fifteen miles from the nearest source of civilization, surrounded by wilderness (a forest, streams, etc.). This zone is known as E-Ternity.​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​
What do I need to do to sign up?​
Well, first off, you need to establish here (in this thread) that you want to be a student, professor, and/or dean. You could be all 3 for all I care, but if I don’t know you (or your role-playing) I’m less likely to let you. However, bear in mind that your student character will be your primary character. You can be a professor of anything in any school. However, you MUST have a student. You cannot have anything else without one.
I’m not a fan of templates anymore really (unless I have a good reason) so I in your first post, you must make an acceptable, competent post explaining basic things about your character(s):​
Name​
Age​
Gender​
Racial History (if any)​
Abilities(if any)​
Background info​
School/Program (if you’re a professor, what are you teaching, etc.)​
Related things (what you look like, etc.).​
ALSO, your student character must say the following incantation at the start of their first post (it’s the spell to get teleported to campus and also doubles as a password for this RP):​
Take me away from time and season,
Far, far away, we’ll sing with reason,
Prepare a throne of stars above me,
As the world once known will leave me.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules for this RP? If I have to tell you by now... then you just won't get it.

Let's have some fun. Oh, and the mystery will be touched upon in the opening post, so yeah, pay attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

BladezofJustice

Sounds cool. This post just provides a basic explanation of our character and their motivations right? So I won't do anything too extravagant. I'll kind of make it like someone is reading a student bio in the administration office of a college. Heading to class now so I'll post in a couple of hours.

Von83194

Awards
I'm still in. Haven't quite decided how I want to build my character yet. I'm just gonna make a student.

BladezofJustice

Alright cool, now I'll start.

Sam Norris is an incoming freshman student at E-Ternity University. Hailing from Georgia, he received high marks at his high school, a technical prep school for the gifted. Norris has demonstrated vast knowledge with computer systems and a proficiency for problem solving. Raised in a typical African American suburban household, his mother and father traced their lineage back to ancient Shamanistic culture in the deep jungles of Africa. However, this inherent claim to magical affinity was lost several generations ago and the Norris family has demonstrated no extraordinary abilities since.

Although exhibiting no actually affinity toward magic, Sam has displayed extraordinarily keen ability at determining structural flaws in logic or physical objects. The extent to which he can manipulate this ability relies on his inherent understanding of what he's trying to find the flaw in. If he doesn't understand the concept itself or the object, than he cannot determine it's flaw.

Lord of Chaos

There's really no need to describe your character here, but if you guys want to give some background info, I'm all for it.

DM: Don't know you. 'Sup dude?

Bladez: Sounds good. I'm just wondering where that ability is going to go. Unique though, so points for that.

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
Yo, I'm in. Just going to make a student of thai descent. Had a neat idea for a professor but I'll save that for some other time.

Lord of Chaos

If you feel the need to post a template, go ahead. I'm not going to disallow it.

This Role-Play will start in a day or so. I'll send out a PM to everyone who expressed interest in it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
This Role-Play will start in a day or so. I'll send out a PM to everyone who expressed interest in it.
Me too?

I'll go with a professor of some kind. Or... Do students need to be undergraduates, or can they be postgrad too?

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Tee Hee it's a school in a world in a thread in a site in an internet.

:3

Iz still inter-what-so-rested.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I'm still in this, of course. I just need to put everything together for my templates.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm still in this, of course. I just need to put everything together for my templates.

I'd like to reiterate this for myself.
I can't promise anything before Thursday, however, so I ask for a little lenience.

Lord of Chaos

Jesus. So many people want to be heroes... it'll be funny when you're all killed off.

Wait. That part was supposed to be in Spoiler Tags. Shit.

Just kidding.

Ordeith said:
I can't promise anything before Thursday, however, so I ask for a little lenience.

Understood. I'll address this in the mass PM. I have a system in place for these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back