• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E-Ternity Univ.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
So, I really hated the movie Sky High. Like, I loved the concept and what-not, but just hated the movie itself. Though the badguy chick was hot (and still is, Google her). Anyway, just sayin'...

This is a pretty short and sweet Role-Play:

There's a place, where the magical, the mutant, the metahuman, and the marvelous come together. Consider the Earth and its age. Consider its fairy tales. These stories, while largely myth, do have a bit of truth in them. It is this truth that has been bled out through the ages and through the history books.

Elves, dwarves, and other nonhuman creatures have existed. They used to exist in great numbers. Now, their bloodlines are intermingled with humans, in all sorts of manners. The magic that flowed through the blood of thousands of races and the world around us has been diluted and twisted, shaped and reshaped. Now all that exist are the four Ms. Sure, some humans might have elven ears, or be short of stature, but rest assured, they are human at the end of the day.

But where does the day end or even begin? For these folk, its in their own world. Their world is the same as ours, yes, but it has its own magical places, own realms that the fifth M (the mundane) cannot see. This is about one of those places: E-Ternity University.

Good ole E-TU. This is where, after training to understand themselves and the world around them, those of the Four Ms come to build themselves into a more important part of the world. Of course, this place works like any University--except for the whole magic thing. While you could get a degree in History, which would you choose? Wars, Peoples, or Magical Cultures? The programs vary. All under the watchful eyes of the Professors and the 7 Deans. Oh... and the President.

However, while people are enjoying the "college life" and living it up... it seems that there is something amiss. Students are disappearing... Considering how many students actually attend this college (the only one of its particular density and size, though others DO exist), one would not take notice--which is what the faculty wants at the moment, in order to investigate. These students are possibly dead, or injured. No one knows. Maybe no one ever will.

So welcome to E-Ternity University. Enjoy your academic adventure, and stay out of trouble, always.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Essentially that's self-explanatory. You can be either:

Magical: A human possessing magic of some kind. Usually inherited.
Mutant: A human possessing abilities or powers, usually given from your random genes.
Metahuman: A human with the abilities/traits of one of the several other races (A list will be given). Also more-or-less inherited.
Marvelous: You're normal... except that you somehow surpass other humans. Super intelligent, super rich, etc. (Think Batman). You do possess the "sight" at least--in other words, you know the school exists and you can always see the others.

To clarify that, the Sight is the ability to see those who aren't just purely mundane, or places or objects, etc. Granted, while working in the real world, most of the 4 Ms will let themselves be seen (because they're usually disguised as Mundanes), but they have the ability to choose not to let themselves be seen except by anyone with the Sight. The Sight itself is a kind of genetic failsafe to keep the genetic order of those other than Mundanes from completely being wiped out. Yes, the history of everyone is pretty violent--history wasn't written by the losers, after all. But there is a peaceful (if ignorant) existence now.

The "mystery" is just that--a mystery. Yes, there is probably a villain. What is he/she/they/it/us up to? I can't say that just yet.

Everyone will have to play a student, no questions asked... but if possible, I'll probably allow most of you to play a Professor/Dean/etc. as well, depending on the kind of participating in this thing. Your student will ALWAYS be your main character, unless I say otherwise.

Typical college age: 17-26... we'll say. Older could be allowed, or potentially younger, but you'll have to PM me with a damn good explanation as to why you'd be playing a 14 or a 42 year old. I know that these things happen in college, but it's not typical. In short, I really don't want Non-trads.

Other than that... any questions/comments/etc.? I'm open to anything.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Hell yes.

I always liked superhero/academy RPs but I never saw any that grabbed my attention or looked good (and there are always a lot of those, especially the latter). With the simple but solid concepts you have going on as well as the expansion this allows, coupled with that fact it's you (therein attracting the usual crowd) = once again, hell yes.

Lord of Chaos

Glad to hear. I guess I should illuminate on the things that will probably be expanded within the actual RP post:

-The "schools" at this Univ. Even a list of Programs, probably.
-Who the Deans and the President are
-A list of races/power classes/etc. Of course, things of your own creation are welcome, as long as I clear them.
-A little more information on the Missing.
-Setting/Reasoning/Mythos behind this version of our Universe.

Thanks for your interesting, The Batman. That's another thing I'm looking for here: actual interest in this RP. I want some numbers, yo.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Count me intrigued, at the very least. I'll probably end up joining this, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Count me intrigued, at the very least. I'll probably end up joining this, but I'm not 100% sure.

These are my thoughts exactly. Although I would still want to create a student, I've also always wanted to create a "sour old Snape" character--so being able to do so would increase the odds of my joining.

Lord of Chaos

Omni & Ordeith--always a pleasure to interest you two. Yes, given that I have RP'd with you before Ord (at least somewhat), your skill would constitute reason enough to let you play a Professor or some such.

Nigga Sauce--Haha, awesome dude.

Also, I'm going to be working on the YGGDRASIL Project as well. Expect a thread soon on it, because I know it'll interest at least most of you guys.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Superhero-ish roleplay? Count me in. Methinks I'll put my psychometric Didact towards this.

Lord of Chaos

Yeah, this is kind of Superheroish. It will be to the extent that we're good guys, or well... not villains. Not yet at least. Obviously if we interact with the world at large we must do it some justice.

BladezofJustice

I'm definitely interested. You probably don't remember me but we rp'd WAYYYYYYYYYYY back in the day back when I was on my old account (it just stopped working on me).

But yeah, just let me know when we can start posting templates.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Thinking, sort of unsure character wise.

Interested, just need a good character idear

:D

Might bring Gibyr Witticus in dis. Tweak him here and there, but he'd fit well enough, unless I go braindead. Then might just pull an OC from the list.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
squeeeeeeeee

Totally gonna make lots of tributes and references, Dick Grayson/Peter Parker/Me-esque character who's a living periodic table of elements? Yes please.

Lord of Chaos

Now now kids, nothing too powerful. I won't necessarily rule out powers, but if you're going to have something like on Alpha or Omega level, then at least put some kind of restriction--they can't control it that high, tone it down, etc.

I'll have the full thread posted soon.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Fine, electromagnetic based character similar in personality with Ironman/Blue Beetle-esque costume (if we can have those type of things).

Or just going the no-powers route like Bossman

Lord of Chaos

Your original powers (Table of Elements) is fine, just as long as there's some kind of restriction or caution with it. People you may (or may not, depending on how you guys react) fight, could be less powerful than you, lol. I just don't want this to be super easy mode for you guys is all.

No offense was meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back