• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dynasty Warriors RolePlay?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryaneden

HyperShadic

Awards
Well, first off, I would love to see this.

However I see a few problems, the first of which is the time frame, cause if you want us to go from the Rise of the Yellow Turbans and the fall of the Han, to whatever the final battle is, then we are talking about 30 years of history. Also, if all of those spots need filled, you could be waiting for a while cause not everyone here is interested in this type of role-play.

Noel

Awards
We could probably minimize the scale by doing a Lord/Retainer type uve' system for each faction. It'll cut the needed characters by a whole lot. Also as for each "battle" we could obviously do a battle phase involving every faction, relationship phase then off to a time skip for the next battle type uve' thing. As for the battle it self, everyone would control a quite chunk uve' npc and non-npc Soliders and such. Finally whoever wins can possibly change the future uve' the next battle and storyline. Just my two cents here.

ryaneden

We could probably minimize the scale by doing a Lord/Retainer type uve' system for each faction. It'll cut the needed characters by a whole lot. Also as for each "battle" we could obviously do a battle phase involving every faction, relationship phase then off to a time skip for the next battle type uve' thing. As for the battle it self, everyone would control a quite chunk uve' npc and non-npc Soliders and such. Finally whoever wins can possibly change the future uve' the next battle and storyline. Just my two cents here.

That actually seems like a pretty good ideal. but how would we determine the battles outcome? random number generator?

Noel

Awards
I'd say during a "chapter" or in other words a whole cycle before it repeats. Let there be a pinnacle type uve' move or strategy to turn the tide uve' the battle that everyone in the RP considers the show stopper. It doesn't have to be unanimous, but a majority should agree. It'll heighten the quality uve' the post, but might as well feel a tad imtimadating if no one has a good idea or it isn't there day. I guess that can be countered since with the whole Lord/Retainer system I mentioned earlier. You could collaborate your post, or have let the other give their pinacle moment a try.

ryaneden

I was thinking of doing it more focused on the Story with the Battles playing as a side factor. And like i said in my op Original Character you've made during the Empire games are welcomed to join in the RP as well. Granted I'm still a rather noob when it comes to DW myself and i only really know the Wei story. The only DW games I've played so far is DW4 Empires DW7 Empires and DW8 XL

Noel

Awards
I don't have an extensive knowledge in Dynasty Warriors, But I did play every story in DW4 except for the Hans, and those Native guys. And I did beat Orochi Warriors if that counts. I'm sure though a simple Koei Wiki Article can help.

If you're looking at more uve' a story oriented type uve' RP. Shall I propose it should be Romance uve' The Three Kingdoms RP? It's essentially the same thing, but its the actual book that inspired the original content for DW There have been some games based on it that follows it more than the Dynasty Warriors series. When you think a Dynasty Warrior RP you kind uve' think its gonna be a bad moogle hack and slash. However if you say its a Romance of The Three Kingdoms RP it intrudes that you're looking at the behind the scenes and romance/relationship in the story. As if you were the strategist and commander who never really goes on battle. But when they do they are a scary moogle kupo.

ryaneden

I don't have an extensive knowledge in Dynasty Warriors, But I did play every story in DW4 except for the Hans, and those Native guys. And I did beat Orochi Warriors if that counts. I'm sure though a simple Koei Wiki Article can help.

If you're looking at more uve' a story oriented type uve' RP. Shall I propose it should be Romance uve' The Three Kingdoms RP? It's essentially the same thing, but its the actual book that inspired the original content for DW There have been some games based on it that follows it more than the Dynasty Warriors series. When you think a Dynasty Warrior RP you kind uve' think its gonna be a bad moogle hack and slash. However if you say its a Romance of The Three Kingdoms RP it intrudes that you're looking at the behind the scenes and romance/relationship in the story. As if you were the strategist and commander who never really goes on battle. But when they do they are a scary moogle kupo.

Yeah i guess it would be garnered more towards than Romance of the Three Kingdoms. But there personalities would more less be the same as there Dynasty Warriors counterparts.

Noel

Awards
Looks like we got the gist sorted out.

It'll be a Romance uve' the Three Kingdoms with the Dynasty warrior flare.
Sometype uve' Lord/Retainer for the sake uve' how many participate.
Since OC are allowed, it'll be an alternate universe since I take it not that many people would want to be Cao Cao, or Liu Bei.
Random Number Generator or a Pinacle move would decide what faction gets to play out the next chapter uve' the story.
And possibly time skips to not let this RP end by 2040.

Chromatic

Become
Awards

Are you... suggesting doing it as a nation role play? IE players create nations (or in this case, their own kingdoms) and RP through the relations and interaction with other kingdoms?

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Yeah if you remember the Empires games then that was how they did it, but once again, Dynasty Warriors kind of sums it up. They automatically re-name nations due to it's ruler such as Han Empire, and Wei forces. The battlefields would be the most typical thing to worry about as far as names. And times like the brotherhood bond with Liu Bei. I'm down to RP!

And I like how this has been put together. With the Lord tip though, most of the people in DW die along the way, as well as a complete change of generation, so I think as long as we choose who we want and make the rest NPC for the moment, leaving them for when someone else wants to join, someone wants to change the tides of the war or future by killing them, or our character dies of age, would seem practical. I think you guys can handle the rest. But we need to make sure the lords of the beginning are covered. Like you said, Liu Bei, Cao Cao, and Sun Jian should be the most prominent along with Yuan Shao. Plus, since your making the RP you should also have someone play the emperor, controlling the national army and environmental effects, such as snow, rain, and and seasons.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
In all honesty, if we were going to run something like this as a nation RP, it might be better to base it on DW/RoTK, rather than make it the the actual thing. More flexibility on the part of RPers, especially when it comes to things like rewriting history. It also allows room for more players beyond the three-six empires that would otherwise be involved.

Unless I'm completely out of touch with what the idea for this actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back