• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dustflier help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadow Soldier

Don't use magic at all. It sucks against it.

This was my strategy, and it worked flawlessly.

Zero Gear + 3 Ability Units I believe, to get the Kingdom Key+. Bring glide in so you can dodge that wave he causes. And lots of Elixers and Limit Recharge. Go for the tail always. When he shoots the fireballs, don't block. What you wanna do is Dodge Roll/Glide away and try and get near him. And don't worry about the other heartless.

State

Awards
Don't use magic at all. It sucks against it.

This was my strategy, and it worked flawlessly.

Zero Gear + 3 Ability Units I believe, to get the Kingdom Key+. Bring glide in so you can dodge that wave he causes. And lots of Elixers and Limit Recharge. Go for the tail always. When he shoots the fireballs, don't block. What you wanna do is Dodge Roll/Glide away and try and get near him. And don't worry about the other heartless.

that's correct, 3 ability panels for kk+. also, dodge a lot, because not every time his wave attack does the same amount of damage and status effect.

Rakushīnu

Don't use attack magic only use cura. Equip all the sight units you have and critical sun. Take Elixirs.
Attack his tail a couple times. Glide away from its shock-wave attack. Then repeat.

That's what i did.

JULIO VP

Its a really simple...attack his wings...always stay behind him...keep your distans...when he dose his fire spitting gust glide...i only used curea...i also used the ultima +...jump ALOT...let him finidh his attacks befor you go it to attack or youll use alot of HP...ovioly dont mess with the Shadows

Original Sin

Synthesize a ton of Limit Rechargers and just go to town on him with Limits.

Original Sin

well, thats the cheap way out, i use the zero gear with 3 abilities and 1 sight unit, no magic, lots of curas and elixars, glide level 3, high jump level 3, full circle. BE PATIENT
I assume since he can't beat him normally, he needs the cheap way.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
What I did was attack him, run when he does the ground stomp thing, rush in for another combo or two, repeat that. And when he did that fire ball attack, I discovered the best thing to do was hide behind on of the walls that lead into the train station, the attack can't reach then.

UnstoppableSound

Three rules to beating Dustflier:

1. Make your life easier by beating the game first before attempting to fight him. Meaning, have the Zero Gear equipped, be at a decent level (around 60), and any other bonuses beating the game may hold.
2. Anything that boosts critical % & critical bonus is a must. Therefore, equip all your Sight Units and also the Critical Sun accessory.
3. Glide at all times. Never hit the ground unless you need to attack, but even then you should be doing aerial combos.

Easy battle. Just be cautious and take your time. Don't bother with magic, it's a waste of time (except Cure of course).

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Its not that hard. It just gets pointless when people try to attack too often. His attacks are easy to dodge but you only have room for like 1 combo before you need to get out of the way. People stay to long and get hurt. It just takes ages. Other than that its easy.

baconbits

If you are familiar with limits, use those. What I mean by this is if you are good at managing your limit bar, get as much out of it as you can before auto-life kicks in (please tell me you at least have that?)

The first time I beat it (I didn't have Zero Gear yet), I got to the point where my health was too low to risk another limit, so I just finished it off with thundaga from afar. I was quite proud of myself

DynaxXIIIII

Jump away and glide around when it does the shockwave.
Keep gliding once the wave is gone, as it always performs a followup attack (either a flip, shooting fireballs, or flying at you)
When it's performing the followup, make sure you're a good distance away.
Once the follow up is done, glide at it and it it with as many combos as you can.
I used zero gear with two ability units and the critical sun ring, which gave me a two-hit midair combo with lots of critical potential.
When you're attacking it, watch for it to leap away.
It performs the shockwave again, so start the strategy back up again.

3Eyes

Learn his attack pattern. You should constantly be gliding to avoid the shockwave and his attacks, then air slide back to him to get off one complete combo. Air slide + glide away until his attack is over, rinse, and repeat.

Just takes a lot of time. What's really frustrating is if you accidentally glide into the next zone when he only has half a bar left and you have to do it all over again.

UnstoppableSound

air slide lvl 5 > glide
imo

....That doesn't make sense. Glide keeps going while Air Slide is just a quick dash in mid air? They don't even compare. Not saying Air Slide is bad (it's an incredibly useful ability) but Glide is in a completely different category, you can't even debate them cause they're entirely different category-wise. Having both is the best bet.

B

Biku

Although I personally have yet to beat this heartless, the best advice I can give to you in addition of equipting lots of cure/curas, elixers, and the Kingdom Key+ is to equipt the accessory Tears of Flame. This accessory has 100% fire resistance. Because of this, you can cut out the concern of the fireball attack as it will no longer affect you. Other than that, you just need to really be good at jumping and gliding as those are the other other ways to avoid the other attacks. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back