• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch5 Pt3 Up}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andillexe

Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch5 Pt1 Up}

Next chapter. Man, I seriously have got to work on this more. X(

Chapter 5: Two Men of Twilight Town
Part 2

“What the hell happened?” I asked myself. I brought my hand up to my hand, which was throbbing almost uncontrollably, and rubbed my forehead. My memory was a little fuzzy from the fall, but I did remember one thing. That Zexion was actually okay. Sure, he sort of dropped me off a cliff, but it was an accident, right? He didn’t mean to. I also remembered that his hair did something funky, but I didn’t really think about that too much.

I told myself to get up, but then a very important question popped into my head: if I just fell off a cliff, how the hell am I even having thoughts? My eyes shot open and I instantly checked myself to make sure that I wasn’t actually dead. Or hurt badly. Because being alive would really suck if it meant that I had massive injuries. Everything seemed to be in order, so I took a look around me.

I was in a room with windows that seemed to be boarded up and dust covering practically everything. I was sitting on a pretty decent bed, but it too was covered in dust. It seemed as if no one had been in here in a really long time. But if that was true, then how did I get here? Curiouser and curiouser.

I got off the bed and went over to the window, hoping that I could see something that could help me figure out where I was. It didn’t help at all, though, because through the very tiny holes in the boards all I saw were trees. I took a step back and looked around the room again. My eyes landed on a door that was almost hidden behind a bunch of junk.

Okay, this is seriously getting weird, I thought. There are only two ways I can think of that would explain how I got into this dusty room with boarded up windows and a blocked door. Either I subconsciously teleported my way in here… or someone brought me here. I took a breath and walked toward the door. Only one way to find out.

I tried to quickly and quietly move all the stuff out of the way, just in case someone else actually was there, but everything was loud and heavy. I briefly contemplated using Xehanort’s method of teleport, but then I swore to myself that I was never going to use anything that jackass taught me and kept pushing.

Eventually I got enough stuff out of the way that I would be able to squeeze through the door, so I turned the knob… It was stuck. I tried to turn it harder, but the thing wouldn’t budge.

“Great, it’s locked,” I groaned. An idea popped into my head and I took a couple steps back. I braced myself, then ran as fast as I could at the door. I was hoping to knock it down or loosen the lock or something. Apparently there was stuff on the other side of the door, too, because I bounced off that thing like it was a trampoline.

“Owie,” I moaned from the ground. I rolled onto my side and cradled my head. “Ow, ow, ow.”

“What the hell?” someone asked from the other side of the door. There was some scraping and groaning before the door opened. A boy wearing an Organization outfit with long, silver spiky hair and a blindfold stepped in and looked at me on the ground, gently rocking back and forth with my hands wrapped around my head. “What happened?”

I stopped rocking and stood up, still seeing stars. “Who the hell are you?” I asked him. He looked at me, then at the door, and smiled.

“Did you seriously just run into the door?” he asked, looking amused. My face flush and I immediately felt embarrassed.

“What! No, I did not. You probably just heard some of this junk fall over,” I said defensively. I kicked part of a shield to prove my point, but it was a lot harder than I expected.

“Uh huh. Then why were you on the floor?” I glared at him for a moment before making my way to the door. He stepped in front of me, blocking my exit. He was taller than me, so there was no way I was getting past him.

“Who are you, anyway?” I asked, attempting to take control of the situation. The boy just looked at me and laughed. We had what I thought was a staring contest for a moment before he finally sighed.

“I guess I’ll have to talk to DiZ. He’ll know what to do with you.” Then he turned and walked out of the door, shutting it behind him. I heard a clicking sound, which I figured to mean that he locked the door behind him.

“Looks like I’ll be staying for a while,” I sighed, falling back on the bed.

HeartOfTheHero

Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch5 Pt2 Up}

Riku! yay! XD
man, i want to know more!!! what do Riku and DiZ have to do with what's going on with Xion? I have a few ideas but I'll wait for the next update :) nice job once again

Andillexe

Riku! yay! XD
man, i want to know more!!! what do Riku and DiZ have to do with what's going on with Xion? I have a few ideas but I'll wait for the next update :) nice job once again

Thank you.

I don't know which one of us is suffering more, you because of the cliffhangers or me because I love hearing theories and you're keeping them to yourself. X3 And were your suspicions right with the last update?

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t

Hooray!!! Riku is in the picture now!!! Riku is my baby, well, one of my babies, along with Saix and Zexion. So, this is before she falls asleep in the pod, right? Just asking. So, what are Diz and Riku up to? I mean, they can only do so much, seeing as the Org. is going to come after her at one point. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I deleted khfreak17's posts that I considered spam just now.

I have a question though... Did she leave? I wasn't going to ban her. ._.' Just scold her.

Andillexe

Hooray!!! Riku is in the picture now!!! Riku is my baby, well, one of my babies, along with Saix and Zexion. So, this is before she falls asleep in the pod, right? Just asking. So, what are Diz and Riku up to? I mean, they can only do so much, seeing as the Org. is going to come after her at one point. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

I just got a weird image of Riku, Saix and Zexion in diapers. Which I may just have to draw... *looks at tablet* Hmm....

Anyway, yeah. This entire story is before the pod. You could say that this is all just future Xion recalling all of this stuff as a memory.. Or something. I don't know. XP But that sounded good. As for DiZ and Riku, they almost usually always have a plan.
I have a question though... Did she leave? I wasn't going to ban her. ._.' Just scold her.

I have no idea. I haven't seen her around, so I guess. =/

HeartOfTheHero

I don't know which one of us is suffering more, you because of the cliffhangers or me because I love hearing theories and you're keeping them to yourself. X3 And were your suspicions right with the last update?

yes the last time was pretty much what i was thinking :) i'm not so confident about my ideas on this one though. hmm.... it shall be quite interesting to see where you go from here

Andillexe

yes the last time was pretty much what i was thinking :) i'm not so confident about my ideas on this one though. hmm.... it shall be quite interesting to see where you go from here

Definitely. Especially since I wrote the last half of the story almost a year ago (wow, has it really been that long?), so my writing style has kinda changed, and there are a LOT of things that just don't go with the story. Hooray for writing things down prematurely. *sarcasm*

HeartOfTheHero

Definitely. Especially since I wrote the last half of the story almost a year ago (wow, has it really been that long?), so my writing style has kinda changed, and there are a LOT of things that just don't go with the story. Hooray for writing things down prematurely. *sarcasm*

yeah i definitely understand that. i've tried finishing some stories that i started several years ago, but my writing style's changed so much that it sounds like a completely different story when i try to add to it, lol.
but i'm sure that you'll get it all straightened out with this story :)

Andillexe

yeah i definitely understand that. i've tried finishing some stories that i started several years ago, but my writing style's changed so much that it sounds like a completely different story when i try to add to it, lol.
but i'm sure that you'll get it all straightened out with this story :)

Haha. I've tried starting some stories in the past, and I look at them now and don't have any idea where I was going to take them. Oops.
I sure hope so. It's probably just going to take some time, lol.

Andillexe

I really gotta take more time to work on this. X(

Another awkward cutoff. Enjoy anyway.

Part 3

Every once in a while the boy would come back in to give me food and water, but I didn’t touch any of it. Either out of not wanting to believe that I was locked up by a guy who looked like he was pretending to be an organization member or just pure stubbornness. It didn’t really matter which. Whenever the boy came back in to take my tray away he didn’t talk to me. His mouth just tightened up at the sight of the still full tray of food. How he saw anything with that blindfold on, though, stumped me for sure.

This went on for I don’t know how long. All of the days started to blur together, and I tried to keep track by how tired I was. That didn’t work too well because whenever I peeked out of the tiny hole in the window it was always the same. It never seemed to be nighttime here. What could that mean?

On about the seventh or eighth day, I guesstimated, the boy came in and leaned against the wall by the door.

“DiZ wants to talk to you,” he told me quickly. I looked at him from the bed and then turned onto my side, so that he couldn’t see my face.

“Why would he want to talk to me?” I asked, my voice hard. “After all, aren’t I just a prisoner?”

“Just get your ass up and follow me,” he said stiffly. Not knowing what else to do, I turned around, swung my legs over the side of the bed and followed him out of the room. He led me through a grand foyer that was somewhat desolate. There were pieces of the ceiling and walls on the ground, but the structure seemed to be sound. In the middle of the foyer was a small display of a crumbled castle. I had no idea what that was supposed to mean.

We walked up a set of stairs on the far side of the mansion where my room was. Then we went through a door which led to a library. The floor of the library was gone, and there were stairs that seemed to lead to a secret basement under where the floor was supposed to be. The boy walked down the stairs and went through the door, and I trailed along behind him. I could’ve ran, but I didn’t know what good that would’ve done seeing as I had no idea where I was. Besides, I’m embarrassed to admit that my curiosity got the better of me.

We ended up in a room with a bunch of random numbers being projected onto the wall from what looked like a command center. Sitting in front of that command center was a man with red bandages covering his entire head and a black cape.

“Anything new?” the boy asked the man.

“I just finished creating the train station,” the man said. “But I think that should be the last thing for that area. We don’t want to give the enemy too many entry points.” He finished poking a few more keys before turning around. When he faced me I saw that he had one eye that wasn’t covered by the bandages, and that it was a bright amber color. “Ah, you must be the girl from Organization XIII. Xion, correct?”

“Yes,” I told him. “You must be DiZ. So why do you want to see me?” The man looked me up and down for a moment, as if sizing me up. After a moment he looked to the boy, who nodded.

“Do you know how you got here, Xion?” DiZ asked me. This didn’t seem like a trick question, but I didn’t want to tell this man too much about me or the Organization.

“I was kinda hoping you’d be able to tell me,” I said. “Because I honestly have no idea. One minute I was on a mission with my friends—” then Axel turned into a jerk, I saw Zexion again, then fell off a cliff “—and the next I was waking up in a locked and boarded up room. I can’t say anything about what went on in between.”

“Uh huh,” DiZ muttered. “Xion, how do you feel towards the Organization?” I gave him a confused look. Why was he asking me how I felt toward the only family I knew? What was it he wanted?

“They’re my family, and I wouldn’t do anything to hurt them,” I told him firmly. Okay, that was sort of a lie. Xemnas, Saïx, and usually Demyx I wouldn’t mind whacking a few times with a stick. And the same with Axel, the butthead.

“… I see.” DiZ turned back around and started typing on his keyboard again. “Riku, go and see if she’s making any progress. Xion, you may go if you please.”

“Alright,” the boy named Riku said. He headed over to a different door in the basement, but I cut him off.

“Wait a sec, your name is Riku?” I asked cautiously.

“Yeah, what of it?” The clicking at the monitors had stopped and I could see DiZ staring at us. I took a breath and tried to think of what I wanted to say.

“Have you ever been to Castle Oblivion?” Riku glanced at me from behind his blindfold for a second before brushing me to the side.

“I don’t have time for this,” he muttered, seeming angry. I watched him as he walked through the door and slam it behind him. I turned back around and sighed.

“Why would you want to know if Riku’s been to Castle Oblivion?” DiZ asked me. I rubbed the back of my neck and stared at the ceiling.

“Because I saw his name in a report from Castle Oblivion,” I told him, not really caring if this was supposed to be “top secret.” I figured that DiZ wasn’t going to do anything to the Organization anyway.

“I thought only top ranking members had access to those.” My head whipped downward to glare at him.

“How would you know?”

“How did you get in?” His amused smile made it hard for me to think that he’d use anything I said to him for his own personal gain. DiZ seemed like the grandfatherly type that could never hurt a fly.

“I hacked the password,” I said casually. Then I turned and headed toward the door Riku and I had come from. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ve been away for far too long.”

“It was a pleasure to meet you, Xion,” DiZ told me kindly. “I’m sorry about Riku, though. He has a lot to deal with at the moment and is a bit stressed out.”

“Heh, stressed. Right,” I said under my breath. I headed up the stairs and out the front doors, intent on figuring out where I was. I went over what DiZ had said to me, and wondered why he was so kind about it. I mean, I was locked in a room for who knows how long and then he just tells me I can go if I want to? And what was up with asking how I felt towards the Organization? And who was “she?” I contemplated whether or not I should report all of this to Xemnas and Saïx, but DiZ seemed so kind and harmless. I decided that I was going to keep it a secret. For now.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Aw, Riku was really cold and mean to Xion. That wasn't very nice. Well, I guess I can understand, seeing as what he has been going through with Sora and everything else. So, Xion doesn't think that Riku and Diz have a personal agenda against the Org., huh? I wonder what will happen when and if she finds out what they are all about. I have a feeling that she might be a little angry, seeing as everyone has been lying and keeping things from her, but, then again, she is doing that as well, which is just making the whole situation worse. Well, I'm sure everything will get figured out. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

Aw, Riku was really cold and mean to Xion. That wasn't very nice. Well, I guess I can understand, seeing as what he has been going through with Sora and everything else. So, Xion doesn't think that Riku and Diz have a personal agenda against the Org., huh? I wonder what will happen when and if she finds out what they are all about. I have a feeling that she might be a little angry, seeing as everyone has been lying and keeping things from her, but, then again, she is doing that as well, which is just making the whole situation worse. Well, I'm sure everything will get figured out. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Yeah. Riku doesn't really like Xion because of what she is. And he does have a lot of things on his mind. With Xion, DiZ seems like a very trusting person to her. And I just realized that a lot of people are keeping secrets. Oops. XP

Andillexe

Only one section for you guys today. I've just been in this creative funk and I haven't really been able to concentrate on much of anything.

Part 4

I walked outside into an enclosed courtyard with pillars crumbling in rows. At the end of the courtyard was a large gate with an even larger padlock. Beyond the gate I saw a wood and hoped that it led somewhere. I walked up to the gate and wondered how I was going to get around it.

“I guess using it once isn’t going to hurt,” I sighed to myself after looking up and down the wall of the courtyard. I quickly checked to make sure that no one was looking, which would be weird if there was, and teleported to the other side. I started heading to the woods but stopped and looked back at the mansion. After a moment I turned back around and walked to the woods.

“Xion? What the hell are you doing here?” A voice from inside the trees asked me. I stopped in my tracks and waited for the person to emerge, knowing who it was.

“Axel. What brings you to this neck of the woods?” I asked him. Axel wasn’t amused by my lame attempt at humor. I had no idea why he was acting so serious. Axel was usually a really fun guy, unless there was something troubling him. But if there were something bothering him, he would definitely talk to me or Roxas about it. Or so I thought.

“Oh, you know, orders and missions,” he said. “Unlike some people, I actually follow the orders that are given to me.” He flashed a cold smile at me for a second and then his face went back to being serious.

“Well, when you fall off a cliff because your best friend made you and then you end up in a strange place there aren’t really too many orders to follow.” His face turned almost as red as his hair and he lost his cool.

“You could’ve come back!” he shouted. “I know you can teleport, so the minute you woke up you could’ve gotten out of here and come home. This whole running away thing is getting pretty old, don’t you think?”

“I never ran away!” I exclaimed. “Although you’re giving me a really good reason to run away. What the heck happened to you after you went to Castle Oblivion, huh? Ever since you got back you’ve been distant and serious, and I can tell that you’ve been lying to me. About what, I don’t know, but there is something.”

“Maybe I didn’t tell you because it’s none of your business, ever think about that?” Axel’s gaze was a mix of anger, and maybe even a bit of hurt and sadness.

“I don’t think that now’s a good time for me to come back, Axel,” I told him quietly. “There are too many things wrong with me returning.”

“When will it be a good time for you to come back, Xion? Sooner or later Xemnas is going to order someone to come looking for you. And it’ll probably be me. What then? Will you be ready then? Or he’ll just skip the part where you come back and just order you to be turned into a Dusk.” His shoulders fell and he sighed. “I’m trying to help you, Xion. Why can’t you see that?”

I didn’t know what to say to him. There were so many things that I wanted to say, but I couldn’t put them into words that wouldn’t sound like I was being selfish. I looked at him sadly and turned back to the mansion.

“I think it’s time for you to go, Axel,” I told him quietly. I expected him to either try to reason with me more or just leave, but I heard him summon his chakrams.

“I didn’t have to ask you to come with me, Xion,” he said to me. “I just did that because we’re friends. But you are coming back to the Organization. Whether you’re conscious or not is your choice.” I summoned my Keyblade and turned around to face him.

“Don’t go easy on me, Axel.” He was surprised for a second, and then he scoffed and got into his battle position. I bent my knees and brought up my Keyblade, waiting for him to throw a flaming chakram at me. I saw Axel’s eyes dart to something behind me before I felt the hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me to see Riku.

“Get inside, Xion,” he ordered. He had an odd sword that was shaped like a dark bat’s wing at his side.

“No. I’m not leaving,” I said, facing Axel again. “This is my fight, so you get inside, Riku.”

“Riku, huh?” Axel asked. “From what Xion’s said, I take it you haven’t told her yet.”

“Told me?” I turned around and stared at Riku. “Told me what?” Riku didn’t answer me. Instead he brought up his sword and leapt at Axel. I watched as Axel sprang backward, avoiding Riku’s attack. Axel set his weapons on fire and threw them at Riku, who blocked them both.

“What’s the matter?” Axel grunted as he blocked another of Riku’s blows. “Cat got your tongue?”

“Xion, I thought I told you to get inside,” Riku said all too calmly from the fight. I thought about screwing whatever he told me to do and just leave, but I wanted to know what Riku or anyone else told me. I figured that if Riku beat Zexion, which I had trouble actually admitting, then he could handle himself with Axel. I turned around and teleported to the other side of the gate and ran through the mansion doors. Then I went over to the room I woke up in, slumped down onto the bed and waited.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Okay, if i were Xion right now, I would be totally pissed off. I mean, there are so many things that she either needs or wants to know, but no one is telling her anything. If I were her, I'd be beating the hell out of people like Axel and Riku until they told me everything. Oh well, enough of my ranting and back to the story. So, Riku is now defending Xion. Well, I guess I can understand why, seeing as who she really is, bit it was a little weird to see that, considering he wouldn't give her the time of day just a short time ago. Question, now that is is out in the open, will Riku tell her about Zexion or what happened at Castle Oblivion? Part of me hopes he will, but he might not, seeing as that would deviate from all the secret keeping that is going on. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

HeartOfTheHero

aw, poor xion, she needs some answers and the guys are holding out on her :mad: stupid axel could just tell her what's going on, but of course that's not his style
very nice job by the way :)

Andillexe

Okay, if i were Xion right now, I would be totally pissed off. I mean, there are so many things that she either needs or wants to know, but no one is telling her anything. If I were her, I'd be beating the hell out of people like Axel and Riku until they told me everything. Oh well, enough of my ranting and back to the story. So, Riku is now defending Xion. Well, I guess I can understand why, seeing as who she really is, bit it was a little weird to see that, considering he wouldn't give her the time of day just a short time ago. Question, now that is is out in the open, will Riku tell her about Zexion or what happened at Castle Oblivion? Part of me hopes he will, but he might not, seeing as that would deviate from all the secret keeping that is going on. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Well, right now no one's really trusting anyone else. Except DiZ, but that's only because he cares about his revenge... And he knows everything. So... Yeah.

With Riku, I guess you can say he's just protecting Sora, because he knows what the Organization would do to Xion and that might get in the way of his plans. And about Zexion.. you're just gonna have to wait for that. Sorry.

aw, poor xion, she needs some answers and the guys are holding out on her :mad: stupid axel could just tell her what's going on, but of course that's not his style
very nice job by the way :)

Axel is caught in a very... awkward position. And it really sucks for him.
And thank you. =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back