• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch5 Pt3 Up}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andillexe

Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch4 Pt4 Up}

Oh boy, this is not good. Xion now knows the truth, well, sort of. I mean, she only knows that Zexion was defeated, which was by Riku, but she doesn't know that he was terminated, which was by Axel. I can only imagine what she will say to Xemnas when she confronts him; I just hope she doesn't get decapitated by his etheral blades. Well, I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Xion's probably going to have a strong-worded conversation with Xemnas.

And yes, Xion doesn't know the truth about Zexion. Which is sad.

uh-oh..... Xion not amused.....
Not in the least.

Last edited:

HeartOfTheHero

oh! poor xion!
they really should have told her about zexion before... but then we wouldn't have this drama unfolding, so i guess it'll all work out :) lol

Andillexe

Sorry, but this cuts off a little awkwardly. It was either going to be a really long chapter or a really short chapter. So I decided to compromise. And I'm sorry that I'm posting this so late. I'm getting really bad about these deadline things. DX

Chapter 4: The True Beginning
Part 5

Xemnas, Saïx and Xigbar sat in the conference room after Saïx had called them there. Xigbar sat in his third highest chair with his arms crossed and stared at Saïx.

“Somebody has accessed our main computer without authorization,” Saïx said tightly. Xigbar started to laugh.

“‘Somebody’?” he said. Saïx looked at him in annoyance. “Come on. Are we all gonna pretend we don’t know who? Little Xion is turning into a problem… and I think you catch my meaning.”

“Nonsense,” Saïx told him confidently. “Though her ability to teleport the way she does is a little disconcerting.”

“Don’t worry yourself, Saïx,” Xemnas told him calmly. “She despises the man who taught her how to teleport, so it’s unlikely she will use that ability. Our plans remain unchanged. Axel, Roxas and Xion will play the roles Kingdom Hearts has chosen for them.”

“But, sir!” Saïx exclaimed. “If we don’t take steps—."

“Take steps?” Xemnas asked, cutting him off. “How can you not see how perfect this is? Xion is marching right into the hands of destiny. The only steps we need to take are two: watch… and wait.” A knock drew the three members’ attentions to the door. Xemnas nodded, and Xigbar and Saïx disappeared into darkness. “Enter.”

♥ ♥ ♥

I paced outside of the conference room door, trying to figure out what I was supposed to say to Xemnas. Actually, I knew exactly what to say. He just scared me so much that I was very tempted to just walk away and forget about talking to him about it. Ever. But there were some things that I knew weren’t going to get answered unless I pluck up the courage to get my frightened ass in there and ask the questions.

I stopped pacing and walked up to the door, my hand up and ready to knock. But then a thought occurred to me and I put my hand back down. Maybe I could just go ask Axel if anything was true. I mean, His name was all over the place in those files, so why wouldn’t he know. I turned from the door and was about to walk away when I realized that Axel was never going to tell me diddly squat. He didn’t understand how important finding out the truth was to me so he’d just keep me in the dark.

Stop acting like a wuss and just get in there, I finally told myself. I took a deep breath and went back to the door, knocking on it quickly before I could stop myself. There was silence for a moment before I heard Xemnas say “Enter.” I opened the door and walked to the middle of the Nobody symbol on the floor.

“Number XIV, what brings you here?” He asked in a mellow tone.

“I just want to ask some questions. If you don’t mind,” I told him, my voice small. Ugh, come on, I mentally groaned. You gotta be stronger than that.

“What kind of questions?” Xemnas leaned forward on his hands and stared at me intently. I took a deep breath to try to calm myself down a bit. Didn’t really work to well.

“What the hell am I?” I asked forcefully. “Xehanort said that I was just a puppet that’s a slave to its memories. That I’m not really a Nobody at all. Was he lying, or was what he said true?” Xemnas smiled bitterly for a moment and didn’t say anything.

“Yes. It’s true,” he finally said. “You are just a puppet. A puppet that will do as it’s told. Or else suffer the consequences. You wouldn’t want all of the memories of your time with your friends to go away, right? Or the memories of your feelings for Zexion?” He glared at me for a moment, and it seemed as if he would take my memories from me right then and there if I said I wouldn’t do whatever he’d ask. I took a step back, frightened again, then calmed myself down.

“Speaking of Zexion, where is he? I haven’t seen him since he left for Castle Oblivion,” I said.

“He’s probably lurking around the castle somewhere. Either here or at Castle Oblivion. Do not worry,” he told me. “You’re dismissed.”

“But… Yes, sir.” I turned around and walked out the door. I had a weird feeling that he was lying to me about Zexion, so I decided that I would just have to go to Castle Oblivion myself to find out what’s really holding Zexion up. But first I needed to find out where Castle Oblivion even was. Maybe Axel will tell me, I thought. I made my way down to the lounge, hoping Axel would be there. He was, along with Roxas and, unfortunately, Saïx.

HeartOfTheHero

Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch4 Pt5 Up}

xemnas is such a creeper, that's all i have to say about that, lol
man, i really hope that xion get's some answers soon. if she doesn't, i have a feeling that it's going to be really bad for the other Org. members

Andillexe

xemnas is such a creeper, that's all i have to say about that, lol

Yeah. Pretty much.

man, i really hope that xion get's some answers soon. if she doesn't, i have a feeling that it's going to be really bad for the other Org. members

How would it be bad for the other Org members?

Just a little announcement: I may or may not retcon some things, so... yeah. =3

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t

God, Xemnas annoys the hell out of me; sometimes I just really can't stand him. Man, this whole situation just sucks for Xion, doesn't it? She is trying to find answers, but isn't getting any, and she still doesn't know about Zexion. I just have a feeling that things are going to go from bad to worse for her. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

i meant that i could totally see her flipping out on them if they don't tell her what she wants to know

Hahaha yeah. I can see how you would get that. XP

God, Xemnas annoys the hell out of me; sometimes I just really can't stand him. Man, this whole situation just sucks for Xion, doesn't it? She is trying to find answers, but isn't getting any, and she still doesn't know about Zexion. I just have a feeling that things are going to go from bad to worse for her. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.
He annoyed the hell out of me in the game, so I'm just trying to convey that annoyance here.

It totally sucks for Xion, because Xemnas now knows that she knows and can manipulate and control her even more. Plus Axel and Roxas and everyone else are trying to "protect" her. It's not working so well.

xemnas is an ass. i dont like him one bit

Agreed.

Andillexe

And with this, I basically have the entire story finished. All I have to do is type it and maybe edit a few things here or there.

Chapter 4: The True Beginning
Part 6

“Hi, Xion!” Roxas greeted happily. Axel nodded distractedly in my direction, and I quickly nodded back.

“There you are, Xion,” Saïx said. “I have a mission for you. Do some reconnaissance and collect hearts in the place formerly known as ‘Hollow Bastion’. Axel and Roxas will go with you to make sure you actually come back this time.” I rolled my eyes at this, and felt a little disappointed inside. This was the perfect opportunity to ask Axel about Castle Oblivion, but after what happened last time I tried to do some recon I knew that Saïx probably told him to keep an extra close watch on me. Saïx got my attention back by saying, “Here. Take this.” He held out a potion, waiting for me to take it.

“What’s this for?” I asked, grabbing the potion and looking at it curiously.

“We’re thinking of using a new kind of potion that is supposed to heal better than the ones we’re using now. Try it out and see if it’s worth it.”

I looked at the potion in my hand for a moment then held it out. “No thanks,” I told him. “I don’t think I’ll need it.” Saïx looked at me, and his face seemed like he was almost angry at me for not taking the potion. I didn’t see what the big deal was, but my gut was telling me that if Saïx was trying to get me to use that potion then I shouldn’t go anywhere near it. Saïx took the potion without a word and stormed off into the castle.

“Alright then,” I said. Axel, Roxas and I walked through the Corridor of Darkness to Hollow Bastion in silence. I was wondering how to get Axel to tell me where Castle Oblivion was and then slip away without either of them finding out what I was doing. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

When we came out of the portal, we were standing on a wall above a bunch of houses. I looked down at an odd house that looked like it had a wizard’s had as part of the roof with a lot of weird gizmos turning and spinning around it. To our left, beyond the ledge, I could see a huge castle that looked like it was being renovated.

“C’mon,” Axel said briskly. “We’ve got work to do.” He quickly headed toward a set of stairs, and Roxas and I looked at each other in confusion before we ran after him.

“What’s with you all of a sudden?” Roxas asked. Axel just ignored him and kept heading down the stairs. The stairs led to a place that split off two different ways. One way led to the castle that I saw before, and the other led in the opposite direction.

“Roxas, you head right and see what’d down there,” Axel told him. “Xion and I will head right and see what we can find.”

“But why can’t I go with Roxas?” I asked. Axel was acting weird, and I had a suspicion that I had something to do with it. I thought that we would both be better off being apart and letting him cool down about whatever it was.

“No. You and I need to talk.” Axel walked off without another word. I looked at Roxas for help or something, but he just shrugged sadly and went the other way. I sighed and ran to catch up with Axel. We walked in and uncomfortable silence until we reached a long, winding trail.

“So what do you want to talk to me about?” I asked him. I was walking a bit behind him trying to keep my eyes down, so I was surprised when Axel stopped all of a sudden.

“What the hell happened on your last mission? And don’t give me that ‘I couldn’t teleport’ bullshit. We both know that that wasn’t the real reason you didn’t come back.”

“What do you want me to tell you?” I demanded, looking up at him in anger. Axel stared down at me in disbelief, like he couldn’t believe what I was saying.

“How about starting with the truth? Ever think about that? God, Xion, did you ever think about what your disappearing would do to me or Roxas?” His anger and disbelief softened and turned to caring, then he put his hand on my shoulder. “It would’ve been devastating for us if we never saw you again.”

“I know. I just…” I took a shaky breath and shook my head. I remembered what I was going to ask Axel in the first place and thought that it would be a good idea to steer away from the conversation we were having now. “Axel, where is Castle Oblivion?” Axel’s hand stiffened and fell from my shoulder.

“Why do you want to know?” he asked me cautiously.

“Well, I was wondering why you were back and while I haven’t seen Zexion at all yet,” I explained. “So I figured that he must still be at Castle Oblivion. For some reason.” Axel stared at me for a moment before turning his back to me.

“Just drop it, Xion,” he told me sternly. “You don’t want to know what happened. So just… don’t try to uncover the truth.”

“‘Don’t try to uncover the truth’? Weren’t you just telling me to tell you the truth just a minute ago?!” I shouted at him. “Why is this any different?”

“Because Zexion’s not coming back!” Axel said. I stood there in shock, not accepting that what he was saying was real. “He’s… just not coming back.”

“Why… isn’t he coming back?” I whispered numbly. “What happened to him.”

“We’re not going to talk about this right now, okay?” Axel crossed his arms and looked at me sadly. I just looked at him, every ounce of my being telling me that he was wrong. That if Zexion were really gone then I would’ve known somehow.

“You’re lying,” I accused. “He’s not gone. He is going to come back. And I’ll prove it to you.” I ran off past Axel, passing through a canyon made out of crystal on to a huge open area. I looked around and tried to find a rock or something that I could try to hide behind and teleport out of there.

“Xion! Come back!” I heard Axel call not too far behind me. I kept running until I reached the edge of a cliff. I looked around desperately, searching for something or somewhere I could hide. I needed to find Zexion. I needed to get back to the castle. I went over to the edge of the cliff and looked down, trying to see if there were any ledges that I could climb down. All of a sudden I felt dizzy and stumbled away from the edge of the cliff. Then my head felt like it was being about to split open.

“I am fed up with always having to take the consequences for your actions.” I vaguely saw Axel summon his chakrams from where I had come from. I felt my way back to the edge of the cliff as I summoned Kingdom Key. I had no idea what Axel was going to do with his weapons, but I was going to try and be prepared for anything. “I don’t understand why you feel the need to run away from the Organization, either. Why you would choose pain over your friends. Your family.”

“I’m not choosing pain,” I told him. “I’m choosing the truth.” I shook my head quickly to try and get rid of the piercing pain in my head, but it only made it worse. I saw Axel lift up his hand, and I took a step back to defend myself. I put my weight on my back food, but I had overestimated how much room I had between me and the edge. My foot slipped, causing me to fall and drop my Keyblade. Luckily I caught myself, but the corner of the cliff was digging into my stomach.

Axel cursed and vanished, leaving me hanging. Literally. I looked around for something that I could use to pull myself up or something, but the ground around me was completely smooth. I tried to step up the cliff, but my feet couldn’t find any purchase. I slipped and fell even more until I was dangling from my hands. Above me I heard Axel return.

“What happened?” I heard Roxas ask. My headache was getting worse, and the edges of my vision started to turn black.

“She slipped,” Axel told him. He seemed almost bored, like one of his friends hanging on for dear life over a cliff was and everyday thing. If I wasn’t so out of it from fear and pain I would’ve… said some very strong words to him. I looked below me, trying to gauge if I would have enough time to let go then try to teleport or something.

I heard some movement above me and looked up. Slate hair and blue eyes made my heart stop. The boy above me grabbed my hands and attempted to pull me up, but I guess I was too heavy.

“Axel! Get your ass over here and help!” Zexion shouted.

“Why should I?” Axel asked. “It’s not like I forced her to fall.”

“Zexion! You’re here,” I said. He’s back. He’s here. I knew he would come home soon, I thought happily. Zexion looked at me oddly for a moment then turned back to Axel.

“Axel, Xemnas will be very mad if she falls,” I heard Roxas’ voice say. “And it’ll be your fault.” As I looked at Zexion his hair seemed to turn gold for a second, but I was so happy to see him that I didn’t think anything of it. He turned back to me and started trying to pull me up on his own again.

“Oh, damn!” Axel exclaimed.

“Exactly.”

“Not you,” Axel replied tensely. “We’ve got company.”

“Heartless? Hang on, I’m coming.” Zexion dug his heels into the ground and tried hard to pull me up, but he lost his grip on my hands. I started falling, darkness swallowing everything. The last thing I saw was Zexion reaching for me.

Don’t look down, don’t look back, I am beside you.
Close your eyes. Know I’m here.
In my arms you’ll be fine. I never let go.
Never look back, never again. It’s over.
Everything ends here in my arms.
~“In my arms,” Dead by April

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch4 Pt6 Up}

Aw, God damnit, Axel!!! Seriously, could he be any more of a dick in this situation?!?! Man, I would have loved nothing more than to jump through the computer and kick the living hell out of him. Okay, enough ranting and back to the story. So, was Zexion real or just an illusion? That whole scene almost didn't seem real, especially when she saw Zexion's hair turn gold. I mean, that was just weird. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

Aw, God damnit, Axel!!! Seriously, could he be any more of a dick in this situation?!?! Man, I would have loved nothing more than to jump through the computer and kick the living hell out of him. Okay, enough ranting and back to the story. So, was Zexion real or just an illusion? That whole scene almost didn't seem real, especially when she saw Zexion's hair turn gold. I mean, that was just weird. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Axel is a huge jackass here, but he's kinda fed up with everything and he's taking it out on Xion. But go ahead and kick the crap outta him all you like.

As for Zexion I'm gonna have to go annoyingly, but necessary for not giving anything away just yet, mysterious on you and say "All (well, some) will soon be revealed" next week. Sorry.

HeartOfTheHero

hmm, i think i have an idea of what happened ... but i'll wait and see :)
very nice job once again! i'm looking forward to more

Andillexe

hmm, i think i have an idea of what happened ... but i'll wait and see :)
very nice job once again! i'm looking forward to more

;3

Thanks. I'm so happy that I've finally basically got the story finished. This one especially has taken me so long. DX

Andillexe

Next chapter. Sorry I posted it so late at night, but I'm getting ready to go on a trip, so I've been busy packing and shopping and stuff. So here ya go. ^_^ And after this, all I have to do is type and edit.

Chapter 5: Two Men of Twilight Town
Part 1

Don’t tell me if I’m dying, ‘cause I don’t wanna know.
If I can’t see the sun maybe I should go.
Don’t wake me ‘cause I’m dreaming of angels on the moon.
Where everyone you know never leaves too soon.
~“Angels on the Moon,” Thriving Ivory

Roxas walked down the Restoration site in Hollow Bastion, fighting off Heartless as they came. He wondered why Axel wanted to be alone with Xion. A thought occurred to him, but he immediately batted it away. They were both his best friends in the universe, but Axel had been acting very strange ever since he got back from his mission at Castle Oblivion.

Roxas kept walking until he ended up at a large, decrepit building of some sort. He was just about to go inside when he heard the Corridors of Darkness open up behind him. He turned around and saw Axel with a look of panic on his face.

“Roxas, come quick,” Axel said frantically. “Xion’s in trouble.”

“What kind of trouble?” Roxas asked. Instead of answering, Axel turned around and ran back into the portal. Roxas followed, fearing the worse for Xion. They came out by the cliff at the very end of the path that Axel and Xion had taken earlier. Axel was standing a little off to the side, suddenly looking apathetic for some reason. Roxas looked at the edge of the cliff and saw a pair of hands hanging on.

“What happened?” Roxas asked Axel as he hurried to Xion.

“She slipped,” Axel responded. Roxas turned around and looked at him in confusion and annoyance. Why the hell was he acting this way when not a minute ago he looked genuinely worried? Roxas dropped to his knees and took Xion’s hands, attempting to pull her up. But the ground below him was so smooth that he couldn’t get any leverage.

“Axel, get your ass over here and help!” Roxas shouted.

“Why should I?” Axel asked. “It’s not like I forced her to fall.” Roxas turned his head around slightly and gave Axel the best glare/confused look he could give given the situation. Seriously, why was he acting this way? This was his friend that was hanging over the cliff. Didn’t he care about Xion? He hadn’t been the same since his mission at Castle Oblivion.

“Zexion! You’re here,” Xion said below him. Roxas turned back around and looked at Xion. The look in her eyes was just heartbreaking. They were filled with hope and joy and love, which made it even harder to look at. Roxas turned around again.

“Axel, Xemnas will be very mad if she falls. And it’ll be your fault,” Roxas told him, hoping that maybe the thought of Xemnas being mad would scare Axel into helping. He could feel Xion slipping, and he put all of his weight into trying to counter Xion’s.

“Oh damn!” Axel exclaimed.

“Exactly.”

“Not you. We’ve got company,” Axel said tensely.

“Heartless? Hang on I’m coming.” Roxas looked around and saw a bunch of Neoshadows start to surround them, cutting off the exit. Roxas tried to hurry and pull Xion up, but a Neoshadow clawed him across the back. He lost his balance for a second, but he quickly righted himself and really dug his heels in. Roxas suddenly lost his grip and went flying onto his back.

“Xion!” Roxas shouted. He scrambled to get back to the edge, but as he looked over the side all he saw was darkness. “No…” Roxas said quietly, in disbelief. He got up and summoned his Keyblade, then threw himself at the first Neoshadow he saw and practically ripped it in half.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch5 Pt1 Up}

no!!!!!!!!! dun fall!!!!!!! *tries to grab Xion*

... Too late.

25 characters

...both of these can be considered spam. I'll put this down as a verbal warning. Cut it out, alright?
the 2525252525 or the STUPID TWENTYFIVE CHARACTERS RULE shouldn't be seen in this section.

Or at all, really.

If you have nothing constructive or helpful to say about the chapter, please don't say anything dumb. I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk but, uh, I just don't see the real point to posts like these.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards

So, the whole Zexion thing was just her hallucinating that Roxas was Zexion, right? I mean, after reading it, that is definitely what it sounded like. So, what was Axel's deal? Was he just trying to be a dick or was it something else? I ask because his reaction goes from worry to uncaring pretty fast. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

>.< damnit axel!!!!

I love how you listen to me.
s1keanureeves

You wanna go through and find all the two worded responses in this thread alone or should I?
I know you won't like it when I do because you may lose half of your post count.

Seriously, khfreak17. I have issues with your posts in here all the time and this is the first time I think I've said anything.

Andillexe

So, the whole Zexion thing was just her hallucinating that Roxas was Zexion, right? I mean, after reading it, that is definitely what it sounded like. So, what was Axel's deal? Was he just trying to be a dick or was it something else? I ask because his reaction goes from worry to uncaring pretty fast. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Basically. Xion's headache was making her a little delusional, plus her wanting to see Zexion again so badly made her see Roxas as Zexion.

And the thing with Axel is that he was a double agent at CO and he learned some things about Xion that he didn't like. Basically.

If you have nothing constructive or helpful to say about the chapter, please don't say anything dumb. I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk but, uh, I just don't see the real point to posts like these.

Sorry. I'll try not to do it again.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Basically. Xion's headache was making her a little delusional, plus her wanting to see Zexion again so badly made her see Roxas as Zexion.

And the thing with Axel is that he was a double agent at CO and he learned some things about Xion that he didn't like. Basically.

Sorry. I'll try not to do it again.

Oh, it's not your fault at all! I just don't want you to encourage them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back