• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch5 Pt3 Up}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andillexe

Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch3 Pt5 Up}

ATTENTION! THIS HAS A MINOR SPOILER FOR KINGDOM HEARTS: BIRTH BY SLEEP!!

Just wanted to let you guys who are trying not to spoil bbs for yourselves. But it's not that big a spoiler if you don't know the entire plot to bbs. And it's certanly not going to ruin the game for you. I just didn't want you guys to be surprised, and I thought that it would be a good tie/motive for why Xehanort captures Xion in Rebirthing Midnight.

New chapter. Yay! Same as usual: Good, bad, improvements, etc. For you lurkers out there, I will give you a virtual cookie if you comment.

Chapter 4: The True Beginning
Part 1
You’re so good at stretching the truth into a sugar-coated lie.
Everyone takes a bite.
I have been dining with the enemy.
It was a wolf in sheep’s clothing, now it’s so clear to me.
I’ve had enough of your games. If you’re not trembling you’d better be.
‘Cause we’re gonna be the end of you.
~“A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing,” This Providence

“Master Xehanort,” I said as I turned around to see him standing in the doorway. “What are you doing here?”

“Apparently I’m listening to my apprentice talk about running away,” he said angrily.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, confused. “I’m not your apprentice.” Master Xehanort walked into the room, and I could feel Seth cowering behind my leg.

“Why did you think I took you in, Xion? I could’ve just left you out there and let the Unbirths have you. Why did you think that I taught you how to fight and teleport if you weren’t my apprentice?” Master Xehanort was glaring at me like I was the enemy. I tried to figure out exactly how I became his apprentice and came up with nothing. Then I remembered how he wouldn’t answer my question about his previous apprentice.

“Where did your other apprentice go? Why isn’t he here now?”

Master Xehanort ignored my question. He summoned his Keyblade and started attacking me. I closed my eyes and teleported to the garden area. I opened them and sighed, happy that I was safe for a moment. Then I felt trembling around my legs and looked down.

“Seth!” I exclaimed. He looked up at me, terrified. “You need to let go. I can’t teleport with you. I don’t know if I can make it as far as the Organization with you.” I tried to get him off of me, but he had an amazing grip for such a small creature.

Suddenly I felt a shift in the air around me, and worked harder at getting Seth off of me. Master Xehanort appeared in front of me and charged, Keyblade in hand. I summoned my own Keyblade and blocked him. I quickly teleported into the trees, hoping that it would give me a little cover and some time to get Seth off my leg and teleport out of that castle.

“Get off of me, Seth!” I shouted. He finally let go, but I think that my yelling told Xehanort exactly where I was. Xehanort appeared and attacked me again. I didn’t block in time and took the blow in the shoulder. I yelled out in pain and teleported into the air, holding my bad shoulder with my left hand. Xehanort followed, aiming attacks everywhere. My right arm was basically useless, so I had to try and block all of his attacks with my left hand. I was taking more blows than I was deflecting, and soon I was seeing stars. Xehanort then dealt a blow to my side, forcing me to drop my Keyblade. He then struck me from above and drove me into the ground of the clearing. Then he landed beside me.

“I took you in,” he seethed. A kick to my side sent me flying. “I taught you what I knew.” Another kick threw me against a tree. “And this is how you repay me? By trying to leave?!” He teleported right next to me as I lay on my side and stood over me. “But this was just the beginning. From here I’ll teach you to harness your darkness and be able to control it. You will be able to use it as a weapon and produce for me the X-blade.”

“What… what the hell are you talking about,” I panted, every inch of my body in excruciating pain. “What do you mean ‘harness my darkness’? What’s the X-blade?”

“You’ll figure out in time. And I’ll teach you how to be stronger.” He bent down and started stroking my hair. I tried to move away, but my body wouldn’t respond. “I can heal you. I can teach you things that the Organization couldn’t even imagine being able to do. Power you wouldn’t believe would be at your command. It all begins with absolute darkness. You just have to become my permanent apprentice.”

I managed to muster up enough energy to turn my head and look at him in the eye, saying one word. “No.”

His eyes turned from caring to hateful as he withdrew his hand and stood up. “I really thought that you would be better than my former apprentice,” he told me, almost as if he was disappointed, “but I guess I was wrong.” Then he brought up his Keyblade and was about to finish me off when Seth came out of nowhere and stood between me and Xehanort.

“What the hell is this?” Xehanort asked, confused. “Get out of the way, you vermin!” he shouted at Seth. When Seth didn’t move, Xehanort hit him with his Keyblade. I could see that it really hurt Seth, but he didn’t budge an inch. Then I realized that he was giving me time to get out of there. I turned my head weakly and looked at Seth.

“Thanks,” I whispered. He nodded his head, and I smiled before summoning my Keyblade and teleporting to my room at the Organization’s headquarters. I ended up on the floor, but I was so beat up that I could barely move. I lay there in silence, trying to gather up the energy to move. Eventually I managed to crawl into my bed and let myself drift into healing sleep.

♥ ♥ ♥

Xehanort stood over the small, trembling Unbirth with his Keyblade still at his side. He lowered his weapon and smiled bitterly at the spot where Xion had been not a moment ago. The Unbirth quickly scurried away as Xehanort bent down and picked up a necklace.

“I guess I have a way to get back to her. And she will produce the X-blade for me, unlike my previous student,” he told Seth. Then he clenched his hands around the necklace. “Useless pupil.” Seth looked at the necklace, then at Xehanort, and he wished Xion had taken him with her.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch4 Pt1 Up}

Grrr, Master Xehanort is such a dickhead!!! Seriously, I have watched like every translated BBS cutscene, and I could not begin to tell you how much I hate this guy, unless you have six hours to waste, then I could tell you how much I hate him. But, whatever, nevermind. Aw, I can't believe that Xion left Seth behind like that, poor little guy. Question, is Seth the Unbirth in this story the same Seth from your other story, or was the Seth from the other story just some random guy that Xehanort told to call himself Seth to screw with Xion/Crystal? I'm just curious. Okay, I know that I have asked you this before a couple of times, but what will happen now that Xion is back? Will she tell the Org. what happened? How will they react? How will she react when sh finds out what's been going on while she was gone? Man, there are just so many questions. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

Grrr, Master Xehanort is such a dickhead!!! Seriously, I have watched like every translated BBS cutscene, and I could not begin to tell you how much I hate this guy, unless you have six hours to waste, then I could tell you how much I hate him. But, whatever, nevermind. Aw, I can't believe that Xion left Seth behind like that, poor little guy. Question, is Seth the Unbirth in this story the same Seth from your other story, or was the Seth from the other story just some random guy that Xehanort told to call himself Seth to screw with Xion/Crystal? I'm just curious. Okay, I know that I have asked you this before a couple of times, but what will happen now that Xion is back? Will she tell the Org. what happened? How will they react? How will she react when sh finds out what's been going on while she was gone? Man, there are just so many questions. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

I know. I hate him so much. So you know what I'm talking about, since you watched all the translations. Okay then.

Xion left Seth there because 1) she knew that he didn't like teleport at all, and 2) she didn't know what the heck she would do with him at the Castle. She can't really keep him locked up in her room.

Yes, little adorable Unbirth Seth is the same Seth from the other story. And Xehanort still used him to screw with Xion/Crystal, but it didn't really work since she couldn't really remember him.

I can't answer those questions yet. You'll just have to wait for the future.

HeartOfTheHero

aw! Seth is so cute, she should have taken him with her!
anyways, nice job, I'm looking forward to more, like always :)

Andillexe

Next chapter for you. It's kinda long, but it used to be longer.

Part 2

“Xion! Xion, are you in there?!”

There was banging at my door, and I drowsily lifted my head from my pillow. I looked at the door and wondered why someone was pounding at my door when I realized that I was back at the Organization. My hand flew up to my neck, prepared to rip the necklace off and hide it somewhere, but nothing was there. I guess it fell off when Xehanort attacked me, I thought bitterly. It’s not like I was going to keep it anyway. I shrugged before quickly sitting up and moving to the door, nearly ripping it open.

Axel was there, his fist ready to start banging on my door again. He looked confused and stunned for a moment before collecting himself. There was a slight movement and I looked to see that Roxas was standing behind him. He seemed very concerned for some reason.

“Xion, where have you been? We’ve been looking all over for you,” Axel said, upset.

“I wasn’t gone for that long,” I said quietly. “Besides, it wasn’t like I had any choice. And when the hell did you get back?”

“What do you mean by ‘you didn’t have a choice’, Xion?” Roxas asked. I looked between them, not wanting to explain myself to them.

“If you’re back, does that mean Zexion’s back, too?” I asked Axel, my voice bordering on excitement as I tried to avoid Roxas’ question. Axel looked at me with sadness for a moment before masking it with anger.

“Don’t change the subject! Do you have any idea how worried we were? And what did you mean by ‘you didn’t have a choice’.” I brought up my arm and hugged my still sore waist, trying not to look at either of them. I could tell that they really wanted to get their answers, but I knew that they also felt bad for me. The problem is I couldn’t figure out why.

“I didn’t know how to teleport before the mission,” I told them softly. “So I had no way of getting back. I had no choice but to stay there, because it wasn’t like any of the members taught me how to teleport before I left. No one even bothered to check that I could use the Corridors of Darkness. They just sent me off without a word. So it’s not like it’s my fault that I got stuck there.”

“But how did you get back?” Roxas asked. “No one saw you come back, and you didn’t report to Saïx.”

“Look, I’m really tired,” I said as I started to close the door on them. “Maybe we can talk about it later.”

“Your nap’s gonna have to wait,” Axel told me, putting his hand out to stop the door. “You need to report to Saïx ASAP.” I looked longingly at my bed for a moment before stepping out into the hallway.

“Best not keep him waiting,” I sighed.

♥ ♥ ♥

“Xion, there you are,” Demyx called from where he was sitting on the couch in the lounge. “We thought something bad had happened to you.”

“Like you care,” I muttered after seeing the small smirk on his face.

“Number XIV, what do you have to report?” Saïx asked me. I could be a smartass and tell him that he really couldn’t care one way or the other about what I had to report about my mission and that he was just anxious to take me to Xemnas and watch me get punished. I was about to, too, but Axel was giving me a look that said “you do, you die.”

“Nothing to report,” I told him through my teeth. I decided to keep my meeting with Xehanort to myself for the time being because I really didn’t know what would happen if I told anyone. “It’s just a deserted wasteland.”

“Are you sure?”

“Why? What do you think is there?” I asked.

Saïx stared down at me for a moment before telling me “Superior wants to see you.” Then he started walking to the door.

My shoulders slumped a little and I turned to Roxas and Axel. “See you later, guys,” I said.

“We’ll meet up at the clock tower when you’re done, okay?” Roxas said. I nodded and caught up with Saïx, who was already getting on the elevator.

We moved through the castle in silence. I wondered what I would say to Xemnas, but I didn’t come up with anything that he would believe. It seemed like he knew everything, which was scary. When we reached the conference room, I still didn’t have anything.

“Ah, there you are, Fourteen,” Xemnas said in an almost caring tone. I nodded, then I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I looked to see a bit of darkness rising from Zexion’s seat. Xemnas got my attention by saying “We thought we’d lost you.”

“Nope. I’m still here,” I told him with a smile. “Was someone just here? Like Zexion?”

“That’s not your concern right now. Leave us, Saïx.” Saïx nodded and left me alone with Xemnas. Once he was gone, I suddenly felt very afraid. “So, where have you been all this time?”

“I was in a deserted wasteland,” I told him. Then I added, “Where I was sent on a mission.”

“And why did it take you so long to come back to the castle?” There were so many retorts going through my head, but I somehow managed to bite them all back.

“Because I didn’t know how to teleport, Superior. No one really taught me how.” Xemnas rested his head on his fist, but didn’t show any emotion that could tell me what he was thinking.

“Who was in charge of you?”

“Zexion,” I said quietly, looking down. Though I really would call it “in charge,” I thought.

“And he didn’t teach you how to use the Corridors of Darkness?”

“No,” I admitted.

“And why not?” I looked up and saw that it seemed as if he were actually enjoying making me uncomfortable.

“Because he was too busy teaching me how to do other things, like fighting and how to collect hearts. But it wasn’t his fault. He didn’t have enough time because he had to leave for Castle Oblivion before he got a chance. If he had more time then he would’ve taught me how to use the Corridors of Darkness.”

Xemnas was silent, going over what I had just said. I didn’t care if I was punished for it, but I wasn’t going to let Zexion be blamed for my faults. Again, the witty remarks were begging to fly out of my mouth, but they weren’t going to help me at all so I kept quiet and settled for imagining smacking Xemnas upside the head.

“So how did you get back to the castle if you can’t use the Corridors of Darkness?” he asked, moving on. I relaxed a little because he had let the Zexion issue go, but I still didn’t have a good explanation for Xemnas yet. The truth can’t hurt, I thought. Can it?

“Well… The deserted wasteland wasn’t as deserted as I said it was,” I began. “The first few moments I was there, I was attacked by creatures. I would’ve been done for if it hadn’t been for an old man that saved me. He told that he could help me get back here when he learned I couldn’t do it by myself. I saw no other option, so I let him help me.”

“Do you know who this man was?”

“…No,” I lied. “He never told me his name.”

“Really? The entire time you were there he never even mentioned his name?” I nodded. “Alright. You may go.” I turned around and glanced at the seat I had seen darkness rise up from earlier, then I walked out. It took a lot of will power not to run out of the room.

Once the door had shut behind me, I let out a huge breath that I didn’t know I was holding. I quickly looked both ways down the hall to make sure no one was watching me and teleported to the clock tower. Little did I know that Saïx was around the corner, watching me.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards

Well, the good news is that Xion is back, safe and sound, but the bad news is that she has a lot to explain and is not telling Xemnas and the others everything. Man, I can only hope that her decisions don't bite her in the ass. So, was Zexion still alive? I mean, Xion saw someone, or something, disappear from his chair, so something must be going on. Well, I'm sure all will be revealed soon. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

Well, the good news is that Xion is back, safe and sound, but the bad news is that she has a lot to explain and is not telling Xemnas and the others everything. Man, I can only hope that her decisions don't bite her in the ass. So, was Zexion still alive? I mean, Xion saw someone, or something, disappear from his chair, so something must be going on. Well, I'm sure all will be revealed soon. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Don't secrets always come back to bite you in the ass?

At the moment, Xion really has no idea what the hell is going on with Zexion, because she thinks that if everything were fine and dandy he would've shown up by now and they would've been all lovey-dovey and stuff.

oh boy.... damn saix. i dont like what hes doing...... or what i think hes going to do either

I've never liked Saix.

... So what do you think's going to happen?

PrincessaReiki

Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch4 Pt2 Up}

*claps hands* This is very interesting. X3

Andillexe

Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch4 Pt2 Up}

The second part may be a little long, but please bear with me.

Hopefully this will answer a few questions and make you hate Xemnas even more.

Part 3

Xemnas looked at the man sitting in Zexion’s seat. “And everything went according to plan at the castle, correct?” he asked him. The man nodded.

“Yes. The Keyblade master took out Marluxia and Larxene while the other boy, Riku, took out Lexaeus. Unfortunately I had to take out Vexen and… Zexion.” Axel looked uneasy when he said Zexion’s name. “I was the only survivor.”

“Good. You did what was necessary for the Organization.” Xemnas smiled, then heard the door to the room open. “You may leave.”

“Yes, Superior.” Axel vanished into darkness just as Xion and Saïx entered the room.

“Ah, there you are, Fourteen.”

♥ ♥ ♥

Roxas and Axel had already eaten half of their ice creams by the time I sat down on the end, and Roxas handed me my popsicle stick.

“So what did Xemnas want?” Roxas asked.

“He just asked me a few questions about m mission,” I told him before taking a bite out of my ice cream.

“What’d you say?” Axel asked.

“That I was stranded there before finally coming back,” I said, trying to be as vague about how I actually got back as I could.

“But why were you stranded in the first place?” Roxas asked me. I could tell he was trying to be sensitive but I could hear the frustration and curiosity in his voice.

“Speaking of coming back, where’s Zexion?” I asked. Since Axel was back from Castle Oblivion, Zexion should’ve been around somewhere. But why hadn’t I seen him?

Roxas and Axel both got that sad look on their face again, but they didn’t say anything. We all finished our ice creams in silence, more out of habit than anything, and I wondered what they were keeping from me that was so sad.

“I’m going back to the castle,” I said, standing up. I looked at my popsicle stick with the word LOSER printed on it and tossed it off the clock tower. “See you guys later.”

They gave me a half-hearted “bye,” then I went to the back of the tower and teleported to my room.

“So, where’d you learn a nifty little trick like that?” someone asked me. I jumped and reflexively summoned Kingdom Key. I turned to the person, Keyblade at the ready. “Relax. It’s just me.”

“Xigbar? What are you doing in here?” I asked, letting my Keyblade vanish. He was leaning against the wall by my bed, arms crossed and looking innocent. Which probably meant he was up to something.

“I just came to see how you were doing,” he said, shrugging. “I heard what happened and wanted to make sure you were okay.”

“How nice of you. I’m fine so I guess you can leave now.” I walked over to the door and opened it, looking at Xigbar expectantly.

“What? So soon? I was hoping I could talk to you about Xehanort. How’s the old bugger doing?” He smiled at me, and I stood there at the door, utterly confused.

“How do you know Xehanort?” I asked him, slowly closing the door.

“The two of us go way back,” Xigbar told me cheerily. “So I’m guessing he’s still alive then, huh? Figures he’d have a backup plan.”

“Uh… Yeah. He is. What do you mean by ‘backup plan’?” I went over and sat down on my bed, wondering how the hell they could know each other. Though it was totally possible since I didn’t know much about either of them.

“I’m guessing he’s the reason you were gone for so long. Am I right?” he asked, completely ignoring my question. “What’d he tell you?”

“What makes you think he told me anything?” I said defensively.

“He must have. You wouldn’t have stayed otherwise, because you know better than that.” Xigbar smiled at me, and I figured it was better to tell him that part of the truth rather than tell him I couldn’t use the Corridors of Darkness. Doubtless he would’ve told everyone in the Organization before the day was done. Then I would never hear the end of it.

“He told me I wasn’t really a Nobody, but he was probably just lying,” I told him, trying to be nonchalant. Xigbar must’ve seen the doubt on my face, because he said, “There’s a way you can see if he told you the truth.”

“Really? How?” I asked, starting to get excited and anxious and nauseous all at the same time. Xigbar’s smile got even wider as he walked over to the door.

“There’s a computer in the castle that has files on all of us,” he began. “There’s more than likely a file on you saying if you really are a Nobody or not.”

“Where is it?” Xigbar put his hand on the doorknob and opened the door a little.

“I can’t tell you. That would ruin all the fun. But I can tell you that you’re going to need these three words to get in: Aqua, Ventus, Eraqus.” He opened the door all the way and stepped out. “Happy hunting,” he told me before he closed the door. I could hear him chuckling all the way down the hall.

I have to find that computer, I told myself. I stood up and hurried to the door. I have to know the truth.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch4 Pt3 Up}

So, Zexion is dead and gone. I figured as much. Man, Xion won't be happy when she finds out the truth. I can only imagine what will happen when she finds out; part of me would love to see her go agro and beat the crap out of someone, preferably Axel. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

Thats such a mean and blunt way of putting the nonexistence of Xion's one true love. Although it's true so I don't really care.
You can probably guess how she's going to take it. And Axel definitely deserves a harsh ass whupping from Xion for taking Zexion out, though he really didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

HeartOfTheHero

ooo, what's xigbar up to, telling xion that? and why is the password "aqua, ventus, and eraqus" instead of TAV? interesting...
nice job, i'm looking forward to more :)

Andillexe

You know Xigbar's always up to something. He's just a manipulator. As for the password, that's kind of a spoiler for BBS, so I'm not going to tell you. Sorry. ^_^

Andillexe

Sorry but this week it's only one section. I've been falling behind on everything and haven't really had a chance to work on the story much because this week is the end of term and I still have three very time-consuming art projects that are due on Thursday. DX I'm going to be so happy once those are finished.

So here you go. It might be edited later, depending on how I feel later.

Part 4

I walked around the castle, trying to think of where a computer with files on everybody in the Organization could be. So far I’d ruled out the obvious: Lounge, stairwells, living quarters. Places I’d been to a million times. I went to the lowest level of the castle could think of and looked around. But there was nothing at all.

“I’ve looked everywhere. Where the hell is it!?” I exclaimed. I punched the wall and immediately cursed myself for being so stupid. I cradled my hand and leaned my head against the wall. I stared at it, hoping that maybe it could magically give me some answers. Then I saw that a small part of the wall was a slightly different color than the rest of the wall.

“What’s this?” I touched it and the panel slid away to reveal a keypad. “Xigbar never mentioned this…” I looked at the numbers, wondering what numbers I would need. “How about… S… A… I… X.” A little light at the top of the pad flashed red. “Damn… How about A… Q… U… A?” I held my breath, and the light at the top flashed green. A door opened right in front of me and I stepped forward.

The stairwell spiraled downward deeper into the castle, which made me wonder how far down in the castle I was going. Finally I came to another door with another keypad. I entered AQUA again and the door opened, no problem. Inside, the room was white-ish gray, just like the rest of the castle. On the far side were three large computer screens that had the Nobody symbol floating around on it like a screensaver and a giant keyboard right below it. I walked over to it and hit a few buttons to get the screensaver to go away. Three boxes popped up and I entered in Aqua, Ventus, Eraqus.

“I guess Xigbar wasn’t lying about anything,” I said to myself after the password screen went away. Inside the computer I navigated through files about missions, random Heartless profiles, some Nobody profiles, Eraqus’ profile, Organization history, which I would have to come back to, blah blah blah. Ah, here we go. “Number XIV.”

I opened the file and skimmed through a bit of it, wondering whether or not I’d really find any answers. Like if Xehanort was really telling the truth about me being a puppet. I took a breath and read through the rest.

I couldn’t believe what I was reading. After the list on what missions I would have to do was paragraph after paragraph of how I was “made” as the start of a “Replica Program.” Apparently they took someone’s body, someone else’s soul and someone else’s heart and just… reprogrammed it with memories. I scrolled down a bit more and saw Sora’s name, along with Castle Oblivion. I read the next part and froze, not believing what I was reading.

“No, no…” I muttered, typing quickly. “Where is it?” I continued to type, opening and closing screens quickly, searching for it. “Got it!” I opened the file and read through the list:

Vexen: Terminated
Lexaeus: Terminated (Riku)
Zexion: Defeated (Riku)
Axel: RTC
Marluxia: Terminated (Sora)
Larxene: Terminated (Sora)

I closed everything out in a few keystrokes and ran out of the room. If anything I had read was true, then Xemnas had a lot of explaining to do.

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch4 Pt4 Up}

Oh boy, this is not good. Xion now knows the truth, well, sort of. I mean, she only knows that Zexion was defeated, which was by Riku, but she doesn't know that he was terminated, which was by Axel. I can only imagine what she will say to Xemnas when she confronts him; I just hope she doesn't get decapitated by his etheral blades. Well, I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back