• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Durarara!! x2 Ketsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fagren

Re: Durarara!!

Episode 1/2 was great, just as expected. Izaya is an awesome character, Hiroshi Kamiya is the perfect seiyuu for him. . I was pretty much already sold on watching this I absolutely loved Baccano. Just from looking at the character list so far my favorite is probably going to be Shinra just because I like the weirder characters more.

Also, This show reminds me of the SMT/Persona series for some reason.

I knew the art style looked familiar.

I just watched episode 2.I liked how the things that happened in EP1 get explained.I just love when a vending machine gets thrown and lol when that Delivery guy shook his head while seeing that.I also like him using texting to talk.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA

Im liking this anime. Plot is very character driven so far, and I like how episode 2 explained things from the first episode. Izaya is a cool character, but Im more interested in the others we've yet to see more of.

This is probably the only new anime from the winter season that Ill stick to watching.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA

Whoever can make a gif of Shizuo punching the clothes out of that guy, Ill love you forever.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

It'll be a bit more difficult, but I'll give it a try.

Also, just downloaded an avi version of episode 3 (oh how I love watching high-quality anime episodes on the big screen, lol). I'll comment on it later.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA

.avi's are higher quality than .mkv's? Ive been downloading .mkv's for a while now and they look better on my TV than .avi's.

And creating gifs is incredibly easy if you have photoshop, which I used to have but not anymore. -_-

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

No you're right, MKV containers are better than AVI containers when it comes to high resolutions. Heck, MP4 containers are better than AVI containers. Unfortunately, PS3's cannot read MKV files (and all my attempts at converting MKV + subtitles have failed), so I'm stuck with AVI if I want to watch it on my TV.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA

No you're right, MKV containers are better than AVI containers when it comes to high resolutions. Heck, MP4 containers are better than AVI containers. Unfortunately, PS3's cannot read MKV files (and all my attempts at converting MKV + subtitles have failed), so I'm stuck with AVI if I want to watch it on my TV.

I see. Yeah I had that same problem with my PS3, with even some .avi's not playing (see: DB's Bleach releases). Anyhow, if you have a PC/laptop with HDMI output, just use that to plug it to your TV and viola.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I see. Yeah I had that same problem with my PS3, with even some .avi's not playing (see: DB's Bleach releases). Anyhow, if you have a PC/laptop with HDMI output, just use that to plug it to your TV and viola.

Thanks, but it's honestly not that much of a problem. The AVI's I get are usually very good. In particular, Eclipse's AVI episodes (Full Metal Alchemist, Kimi ni Todoke), look spectacular.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Somewhat on topic, I had a PS3 Media Server program on my computer that would wirelessly stream music and videos to my PS3, including MKVs (after the program did a bit of re-encoding), that worked pretty well, but after a day of working, it stopped and I never figure out how to get it to work again.

Anyway, I'll torrent the episode when I get home, but I might not watch it till Monday.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I watched the episode last night. The first half was a little slow-moving (though I love Kida, lol), but the second half was epic. You got Izaya vs. Girl's cellphone, Izaya vs. Shizzy, Shizzy vs. Dudes, and Shizzy vs. Simon. So much win!

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

Episode 3 was pretty awesome, but of course doesn't clear any of the confusion up.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Episode 3 was great.

I found myself laughing a fair bit, the scene with Izaya vs phone and fake-dollars guy. The little effort Shizzy-chan put into headbutting one of the gang members.

Got Episode 4 on the download at the moment.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

You know, I always had a feeling that Shinra would turn out to be a creepy individual.

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards

It took me four times to watch before I finally realized this in the op
[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/15obadz.png[/img]
Selty's Head? and when they're introducing the characters, why doesn't Yagari's girlfriend have a name? (the one who has the scar on her neck) :o

F

Fagren

It took me four times to watch before I finally realized this in the op
[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/15obadz.png[/img]
Selty's Head? and when they're introducing the characters, why doesn't Yagari's girlfriend have a name? (the one who has the scar on her neck) :o

Yeah, I've been thinking that was Selty's head too.When ep1 came out I thought Selty was a dude till i saw them tits at a different angle.

Muse

you look atrocious

Am I the only one who thought of the song Like a Surgeon when the autopsy was going on? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back