• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Durarara!! x2 Ketsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Ryūgamine Mikado is a young man who longs for the exciting life of the big city. At the invitation of his childhood friend Masaomi, he transfers to a school in Ikebukuro. Masaomi warns him about people he doesn't want to cross in the city: a violent man dressed like a bartender, an information merchant, and a mysterious gang called "Dollars". And to top it off, Mikado witnesses an urban legend on his first day in the city: the Headless Rider astride a black motorcycle.

Just watched the first episode and I'm expecting some pretty great things from this series. Not too sure that it will be able to match Baccano, but I'm fairly confident it will still be pretty fantastic. Definitely loving the music in the series and the Horo cutout and the Baccano footage made me grin a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Re: Durarara!

Awww, and I was just about to make this thread too -_-

Had to wait forever for the HorribleSubs to release their 480p version (I wanted to watch gg's last night, but my laptop has been having problems running 720p files recently).

Anyway, I really liked the first episode. Unless they screw it up, this will easily be the best show this season. My initial impressions are that it's got a slightly slower pace than Baccano! did (but then again, Baccano!'s first episode was slower paced than the rest of the series, so who knows). I can already tell it's gonna take me a few episodes to remember who's who. On another note, there's nothing quite like a motorcycle to the face.

Oh, and btw, Durarara!! has two exclamation marks in it (yes, it will bug me and I will bug you until you change it).

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Re: Durarara!!

I can already tell it's gonna take me a few episodes to remember who's who.

Well, Baccano had quite the ensemble cast itself, so it took a while to remember everyone too. Though personally, all the different characters is a big reason why I loved Baccano so much, so I'm glad that Durarara follows that same formula. Hell, even the OP sequence mimics Baccano's.

Oh, and btw, Durarara!! has two exclamation marks in it (yes, it will bug me and I will bug you until you change it).

Ryohgo Narita abuses exclamation marks :|

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Well, Baccano had quite the ensemble cast itself, so it took a while to remember everyone too. Though personally, all the different characters is a big reason why I loved Baccano so much, so I'm glad that Durarara follows that same formula. Hell, even the OP sequence mimics Baccano's.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that there are so many characters; it just takes me a bit to remember their names (and I still don't know the names of some of the Baccano! characters).

Ryohgo Narita abuses exclamation marks :|

Someone should tell him that there's a difference between an exclamation mark and the roman numeral "I"

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Downloaded the first episode.

Its going to be a good show, that much is certain. Unforunatly I'm not seeing many memorable characters as much as Baccano had. Other than Vending Machine Throwing Man.

But I'll give it time, expecting a fair bit :p

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Here's gg's subbed OP. Why is this important? Well, for two reasons:

1) Because the OP is awesome.
2) Character names!

tomokii

Website
tomokii.deviantart.com

Currently still in the process of getting EP1, but I just know I'll like this series (despite not knowing Baccano either, I need to go watch that soon) just for the fact that Suzuhito Yasuda did the character designs.♥ /artgeek

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Someone needs to make me a gif of Izaya stamping on the phone.

If they do, they'll get...my everlasting love.

I want Episode 2 now.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Gimme a bit, I'll see if I can make it happen ;)

EDIT: Ugh, picking out the right frames was a pain, but here's what I got.

EDIT 2: Actually, I thought of something, and I think this version is better.

phonestompv6.gif

Last edited:
F

Fagren

Just saw Ep 1..........I needs more throwing of the Vending machines.First anime (and probably the only) of the winter season that I liked the Op and Ed.I still didn't watch Baccano yet(I plan to though) so I wouldn't catch any cameos or references to it, but that won't stop me from watching.Gotta love that Motorcycle to the face.Also, the art reminds me of the Persona series...

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Japanese use two exclamation marks a lot, actually.

just saying.

I've been meaning to get my hands on it but haven't really had the time.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

After seeing this thread, I checked it out and I have to say I really like it. I feel this is something that won't disappoint.

[√]Genuflect

I like it. I'm expecting alot of great things in this series.
I hope the Moon people like this. Baccano had low dvd sales and that's why there's no second season is sight.

Enri

I'm not crazy about it, but it isn't bad or anything. I thought I would like it way more than I did after the end of the first ep. But, some series do take me some time to warm up to. I guess I'll just wait for the action.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I'm not crazy about it, but it isn't bad or anything. I thought I would like it way more than I did after the end of the first ep. But, some series do take me some time to warm up to. I guess I'll just wait for the action.

I imagine that this show will take a few episodes to get the characters fully introduced and a bit more exposition fleshed out before it really gets rolling.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Well, I've got the 2nd episode sitting comfortably on my PS3. I'll have to watch it soon once my dad stops using the TV, lol.

EDIT: And I watched the episode. It's basically the "other side" of the events in the first episode. Everything's also starting to pick up, and we're shown more of the characters and their personalities. Speaking of which, I really like Izaya and Shizuo (who seems like he could turn into this series' Ladd, though a bit less murder focused, lol).

Last edited:

Gemini

Episode 1/2 was great, just as expected. Izaya is an awesome character, Hiroshi Kamiya is the perfect seiyuu for him. . I was pretty much already sold on watching this I absolutely loved Baccano. Just from looking at the character list so far my favorite is probably going to be Shinra just because I like the weirder characters more.

Also, This show reminds me of the SMT/Persona series for some reason.

tomokii

Website
tomokii.deviantart.com

^I get this feeling a bit too, but mine is mostly because of the dark theme and Suzuhito Yasuda's work (he made the Devil Survivor character designs). Somehow a lot of the characters look a lot like his other works on DS/Yozakura Quartet, but they do still have a charm of their own. : )

EP threeeee time is so slow. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back