• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumbest Things you've done in Video Games -- redone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Visionary
In the game Aztec I needed a ladder to pass a certain point... I searched for hours and hours and hours and evetually gave up. I'd travelled the whole gameworld to find it but no luck. Half a year later I replayed it....the ladder stood against a house 5 meters from the point I needed it for.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I spent four hours trying to align my jumps on a stupid Tomb Raider level, trying to grab ledges and ropes.

Recently though, it's been jumping off the Empire State Building for lulz in GTA IV.
I also spent almost half an hour in Zack and Wiki trying to figure out a puzzle when the answer was right in front of me. -.-

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
In Sonic 3

I forgot what they was called but I thought you had too jump on them too get them too go down.

Well it turns out jumping up and down on them isn't how works.. I died like 2 with time running out.. Then when I came back later I got it too work.

I did a lot stupid in MMOs but everyone has, lol.

Xidon

Not highscoring in life
lol the spinning platforms in Carnival zone, get the bubble shield and with good jump & bounce timing the platforms will be your best friends.

My dumbass moments:
Playing FF12 for 3 hours and then forgetting to save ;_;
Doing desert time trails in Jak 3, not by using the car, rather using infinite Light Jak time slowing. 1 mission takes 20 minutes to finish lol

wiill add more later...

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I was leveling up in FFVII, and I gained 10 levels, then started playing again. When mom said I got a package, I opened it up, and it was Bleach the complete first season. I pulled the plug to the ps2, and plugged in my dvd player to watch it immediately, and the next day i realized what i did.

Terion

im nobody so i liv in the world dat dont exist.
In Mario Kart Double Dash, i just waited for my friends to come so that i can shoot them with items.
In Super Mario Sunshine, me and my friend bet, who jumped on most citizens(the pudding looking things) without touching the ground, using water is allowed.
same thing in galaxy but with toads in the place with the ship.

D

Deleted member 36435

In World of Warcraft an Epic Bind on Equip helm dropped it was worth ~1000g I accidentally equipped it because in that same run a lesser value blue helm dropped that looked exactly the same. Needless to say I lost ~1000g because the Epic Leather was for Druids. :(

P.S. I'm not a Druid.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
In Mario Kart Double Dash, i just waited for my friends to come so that i can shoot them with items.

Did almost the same things on Mario Kart: Super Circuit, only with NPC players on 150cc.

I think I fired off more than 100 red shells that day.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
The World Ends with You
Kept guessing on the Reaper Review about Bach and Air on G String stuff.

Twilight Princess
I was doing the bug collecting stuff and I saw this bug on a ledge higher than mine. I clawshot onto the little bar things and tried to jump onto a ledge I thought had an opening on it, but fell off everytime...and then I found out there was a bar thinigie on the wall the ledge.

Chrono Cross
I acidentally saved a new game over one file my older sis and I had gotten pretty far on.

Rix

:)
Awards
In Sonic 3

I forgot what they was called but I thought you had too jump on them too get them too go down.

Well it turns out jumping up and down on them isn't how works.. I died like 2 with time running out.. Then when I came back later I got it too work.

I did a lot stupid in MMOs but everyone has, lol.
lol! The barrel in the carnival night zone? I did that too xD

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
While not technically in a video game, it is relevant.

I always forget to back up save files on my computer before I reformat it. Hours of work in RPGs, gone. It's quite frustrating.

Roxas9001

Bronze Member
On FFVIII

I was playing as Laguna during the second dream thingy & I would down a letter but I was pressing up at the same time & couldnt get down then after alot of useless battle, I finally went down the letter & pressed down.

On RE4

I was fighting the blind guy witthe claws & when he did that charge attack I stood there & got impaled.

On Syphon Filter 1

I saw a grenade on the gorund & said "whats dat?" rolled close to it then BOOM.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Using my Masterball on a Ratatta in Pokemon Yellow was pretty bad.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
My cousin and I were on the last level of Halo 3 coop, and right after the jump, he climbs out of the vehicle. I laughed at him for it for weeks.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
1st Dumbest thing: Buying Sonic and the Secret Rings. That was just painful. Truely.

2nd Dumbest thing: Forgetting to save after a particularly difficult part of a game or playing for hours on end and not saving before powering off.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
well, this wasnt really a video game...

i was playing the sims 2, and my family was perfect. (big house, healthy family, lotsa $) well, one day i forgot to save, and i left it on for 6 hours. Not only did it almost kill my computer, but my whole family died from a fire that burned down my house.
i was hella mad >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back