• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

The worlds need more effing NPCs. It's getting pretty lazy of them not to add any when in Final Fantasy, you have hundreds of NPCs in a given world. It just doesn't seem right.

Bobjam

Awards
Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

The worlds need more effing NPCs. It's getting pretty lazy of them not to add any when in Final Fantasy, you have hundreds of NPCs in a given world. It just doesn't seem right.

Completely agree, I just think an Rpg can feel so empty and lifeless without this sorta thing going on. But then again if not more npc's then at least make use of more intimate dialog between them! I think this is where cutscenes also really need to be thought about and made awesome too.

Completely agree, I just think an Rpg can feel so empty and lifeless without this sorta thing going on. But then again if not more npc's then at least make use of more intimate dialog between them! I think this is where cutscenes also really need to be thought about and made awesome too.

I agree. At least in areas where the effing enemies won't appear so at least it won't seem like the ENTIRE world is fucking empty.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

The lack of NPC's is something I've noticed since the first game, but it just dawned on me how ridiculous it was in BBS where the Duke says all the guests were frightened of the Unversed...right after you fought them in this huge empty ballroom. Some games can pull off a lack of NPC's due to stylistic reasons, but KH is not one of them unless they design the games so that you're specifically meant to feel like you're alone, but I really doubt they'd be doing that anytime soon.

Sadly I don't think this is something they're going to fix for this game.

and tbh the day of turn-based gameplay is ending

No, it's really not.

Shire Folk

The lack of NPC's is something I've noticed since the first game, but it just dawned on me how ridiculous it was in BBS where the Duke says all the guests were frightened of the Unversed...right after you fought them in this huge empty ballroom. Some games can pull off a lack of NPC's due to stylistic reasons, but KH is not one of them unless they design the games so that you're specifically meant to feel like you're alone, but I really doubt they'd be doing that anytime soon.

I completely agree. "All of the guests were just starting to enjoy themselves!"

(Smacks head) What guests? There's Prince Charming, Cinderella, and Lady Tremaine and her daughters, and those three certainly aren't having fun. I liked how in White Knight Chronicles for example, early on you deliver wine to Princess Cissna's debut-ante ball, and there's all these people dancing and waltzing and Leonard and Yulie are kinda watching wistfully from the background because they're delivery people tagging along where they're not wanted...

And then the bad guys burst in and start killing people and everyone's screaming and running around and it really gives the impression of chaos.

While White Knight isn't from Square, c'mon Square, you can populate the worlds. It's not that hard for you guys to do.

Goddard

^ I have to agree. Square Enix could try to add more NPCs to the worlds. It would be a nice touch.

DarkBladeXIII

what the hell?! is the whole site ignoring me??! i swear i said that KH was lacking crowds i even gave 2 examples!! does no one care to acknowledge my existence?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

what the hell?! is the whole site ignoring me??! i swear i said that KH was lacking crowds i even gave 2 examples!! does no one care to acknowledge my existence?

I have to agree. Square Enix could try to add more NPCs to the worlds. It would be a nice touch.
It's SE's fault rather I supose Nomura's own personal choice just take a look at FF games there are a lot of NPC interaction.

localorange

Really? Why do you think so? They really, really should though. It's just....the BBS scene in Cinderella's ballroom, it made me twitch. And it also makes me wonder how ridiculous the Jungle Book would have looked, because there's a pretty good chance that the only monkey in King Louis's throne room would have been King Louis himself. And that just destroys the atmosphere and imagery of the place. The whole point of Louis's throne room is him lazily lounging in his throne with his monkeys being annoying up to the point that you want to smack them. The monkeys add to the atmosphere (and I would have loved to see Terra dealing with interacting with them, since the youtube vid about that world indicates he would have visited King Louis). And the monkeys dance and boogie etc etc.

Another world that I felt could have used NPCs? Enchanted Dominion. Terra and Ventus are there when everyone in the castle is asleep. You walk in and what do you see? Nothing. Just an empty throne room. They could have at the very least placed Aurora's sleeping parents on the throne and Phillip's dad snoozing nearby. I was really disappointed when I didn't see their parents.

Shire Folk

Another world that I felt could have used NPCs? Enchanted Dominion. Terra and Ventus are there when everyone in the castle is asleep. You walk in and what do you see? Nothing. Just an empty throne room. They could have at the very least placed Aurora's sleeping parents on the throne and Phillip's dad snoozing nearby. I was really disappointed when I didn't see their parents.

Did not notice that, but you are so fricking right! They had all of Malficent's pig-like goblinoid goons, so why couldn't they have at least had the Kings and Queen there too?

KHHacker6595

they need to expand on Olympus Coliseum and open up the Thebes part of the world, and have a lot of NPC's walking around to make the world seem active. I didin't have a problem with Enchanted Dominion having a lack of character, let alone any world in BBS, because its a PSP game and the worlds are based off the films, and most of the films used didn't have many characters, besides Olympus Coliseum and Deep Space, honestly there needs to be people in the audience watching the tournament and alien soldiers or whatever walking around Deep Space, those worlds needed more characters. The princess worlds were supposed to be barren, because the world focused mainly on the Princesses and the characters connected to them, but anyways its the PSP's limitations thats the problem, I hope KH3D fixes this problem. I would also like worlds to become a lot larger, DDD will probably not do this, but KH3 will most likely do this if its on the PS3 and 360. So heres my list of things they could improve upon

1. More NPC's
2. Larger more explorable worlds
3. Something similar to Dungeons in Final Fantasy
4. Stronger more useful party members (as good or better than KH1's treatment)
5. Better connection of world and main plots
6. Better world selection (Disney Movies that fit well and flow with the game)
7. Magic becoming more useful (As good or better than BBS's treatment)
8. More Final Fantasy characters (Kain, Sazh, Lightning, Laguna, & More)
9. Chocobos (if worlds are larger, they could become a form of transportation)
10. Harder Difficulty
11. Making Maleficent more menacing again like in KH1 and BBS
12. Allowing control over other party members (or something similar to gambits or paradigm systems)
13. Something similar to the League of Villains from KH1
14. Remove or improve Pete
15. more variety in enemies ( more real enemies like Pirates from Port Royal and Minions from The Enchanted Dominion (creatures other than Heartless and Nobodies)
16. Bring back Vanitas if done well, and or Unversed (again if done well)
17. Clear story without the need for more plot twists extending the story in unnecessary directions
18. More classic Disney Worlds (Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron, Pocahontas & More)
19. More plot development for Sora, expanding his character and relationship with Kairi
20. Gameplay system that adds variety and challenge (Like BBS Command Deck system or improved or completely original/different superior battle system)

What do you think ?

localorange

they need to expand on Olympus Coliseum and open up the Thebes part of the world, and have a lot of NPC's walking around to make the world seem active. I didin't have a problem with Enchanted Dominion having a lack of character, let alone any world in BBS, because its a PSP game and the worlds are based off the films, and most of the films used didn't have many characters, besides Olympus Coliseum and Deep Space, honestly there needs to be people in the audience watching the tournament and alien soldiers or whatever walking around Deep Space, those worlds needed more characters. The princess worlds were supposed to be barren, because the world focused mainly on the Princesses and the characters connected to them, but anyways its the PSP's limitations thats the problem, I hope KH3D fixes this problem. I would also like worlds to become a lot larger, DDD will probably not do this, but KH3 will most likely do this if its on the PS3 and 360.

Snow White's world I don't care about. Not many people in it anyway, it all takes place in a forest where you do interact with the dwarves. But Cinderella? Needed the NPCs in the ballroom. And I stand by my wish for Enchanted Dominion. At the very least, putting Aurora's parents and Phillip's dad sleeping at the throne should have been done. They are connected to Aurora, and it would have added some desperately needed magic to the whole world.

With Hercules's world, I feel like they can now afford to look into doing the tournament thing elsewhere and expand on Thebes. And honestly? It would be cool if they did, and they re-named the world Thebes. You'd explore Thebes, the Underworld, and perhaps one room in Mt Olympus where the Gods live (or even at the gates). There's more than enough Greek mythology that Squeenix can mess with to their heart's content (Disney did it, they can too), and use it to create a new plotine, where we can get Hercules as an actual ally member. It's time he became an ally party member, he's good enough friends with Sora.

And if the Pirates movies come back, I wanna see Gibbs. Or a crew on the Pearl Sora wandering around an empty ship save for D and G, Will, Jack, and Elizabeth was just...odd.

So heres my list of things they could improve upon

1. More NPC's
2. Larger more explorable worlds
THIS for both of these.

3. Something similar to Dungeons in Final Fantasy
? Explain please? I only know a little bit of FF from FFVII stuff

4. Stronger more useful party members (as good or better than KH1's treatment)
5. Better connection of world and main plots
6. Better world selection (Disney Movies that fit well and flow with the game)
7. Magic becoming more useful (As good or better than BBS's treatment)
4: At the very least, let more of them be able to heal themselves on their own. (Although I am outright rooting for Quorra and Kida as party members in their worlds if and when they appear in the future. Especially Kida, she can fight. Not to mention her crystal, she'd probably be able to heal on her own as well.)

8. More Final Fantasy characters (Kain, Sazh, Lightning, Laguna, & More)
9. Chocobos (if worlds are larger, they could become a form of transportation)
I have heard rumors that Laguna will be appearing in BBS v2, which will be fascinating to see. I hope Rinoa will also make an appearance if that's the case. And you know what I'd love to see more of? FF characters as actual party members. I'm only wholly familiar with FFVII and vaguely familiar with FFVIII, but seeing Sora fight with Auron was awesome.

11. Making Maleficent more menacing again like in KH1 and BBS
13. Something similar to the League of Villains from KH1
14. Remove or improve Pete
Maleficent is irredeemable in my eyes. She's lost all of her potential to be menacing again. Just get rid of her quietly. Pete was mildly fun for KH2, but anything past that and he'll just be a ridiculous nuisance. Get rid of him too.

Enter the Horned King. :D And he can create a new league of Villains. I'd also like to see Hades get tougher. Go above and beyond his stuff in Hercules, because honestly, he's the God of the Underworld! What was done with him in KH2 was very nice, but I want to see that amped up a bit more. Get him off of his world and wandering around darkness perhaps? I can see him treating a walk in the RoD like a stroll in the park. He just needs a reason to get there.

15. more variety in enemies ( more real enemies like Pirates from Port Royal and Minions from The Enchanted Dominion (creatures other than Heartless and Nobodies)
This. I hope we see the 2nd and 3rd pirate movies. Fighting Davy Jones's crew will be a whole new ballgame. And Davy Jones? Awesome. :D. I want a fight on a ship where he just walks through various objects that Sora and co could duck behind. Not to mention there's the Kracken for the 2nd movie. That would be like a boss akin to Hades in the Underworld times 10. You wouldn't be able to fully take it down until the gunshot scene in the movie - which would be a cutscene.

16. Bring back Vanitas if done well, and or Unversed (again if done well)
17. Clear story without the need for more plot twists extending the story in unnecessary directions
THIS. And I fully expect for Vanitas to come back and give Sora all sorts of grief because of Ven's location.

18. More classic Disney Worlds (Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron, Pocahontas & More)
19. More plot development for Sora, expanding his character and relationship with Kairi
20. Gameplay system that adds variety and challenge (Like BBS Command Deck system or improved or completely original/different superior battle system)

What do you think ?
I agree with pretty much everything. Seeing Robin Hood would be great, and a SoKai explanation/clear-up is badly needed. Those two are definitely something, but what exactly they are needs to be clarified.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I have heard rumors that Laguna will be appearing in BBS v2, which will be fascinating to see.
No.
What you heard was Laguna being considered for BBS as the head of Mirage Arena.
He was taken out by Square Enix because he could only be in BBS or Duodecim.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No.
What you heard was Laguna being considered for BBS as the head of Mirage Arena.
He was taken out by Square Enix because he could only be in BBS or Duodecim.

And he's amazing in Duodecim so I'm happy with this choice :3

You can all shoot me if you like, but I think the series needs more singing :I

I AM SERIOUS. I know Atlantica makes for a craptastic example, but one of the most best, beautiful things about Disney is the songs. Not that Shimomura's score isn't beautiful, but I've always wished song was implemented more into the Kingdom Hearts story...

VenAqua

jungle book would be an awesome world, probably a minigame world at best though :/

treasure planet, as it could easily be interlocked with the plot as Sora may be kicked out into it and lands on the ship, and bla blah blah links with plot.

I'd like a world that actually looks like old-style disney, with loads of animation lines, like caartoons and sora actually looks like a cartoon, cus that would bring Disney magic!

yeah im the disney mood >.<

localorange

jungle book would be an awesome world, probably a minigame world at best though :/

treasure planet, as it could easily be interlocked with the plot as Sora may be kicked out into it and lands on the ship, and bla blah blah links with plot.

I'd like a world that actually looks like old-style disney, with loads of animation lines, like caartoons and sora actually looks like a cartoon, cus that would bring Disney magic!

yeah im the disney mood >.<

Someone awhile back proposed a storyline for The Jungle Book since it was going to be in BBS, and replaced with Neverland instead. And it was a good plotline too. So I think it being an actual world is workable as long as Squeenix uses their brains.

And Nomura and co should really go hunting to find another old Disney cartoon to put as a world. Seeing Steamboat Willie was odd, but kind of cool after I got used to it. Something should be done with Donald and Goofy's back stories in this manner.

Last edited:

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

Nope, not a damn soul. Anyway, I just want some more NPC's (lol), and perhaps not a damn loading time when pressing the pause button.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Nope, not a damn soul. Anyway, I just want some more NPC's (lol), and perhaps not a damn loading time when pressing the pause button.

So, for future portable games, you want less content in them so it won't take as long to load the menu. Just with the data install on, I experienced around a 3 second wait every once in a while with the menu's. The rest of the time, they went quickly, like on a console game. Maybe it's just your PSP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back