• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Duel wielding

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaplen14

One of my favorite additions to Kingdom Hearts II was the ability to duel wield the keyblades. Does it seem probable to incorporate this into III? There were reasons why Roxas could carry two and the same for Sora, but would this work story wise in Kingdom Hearts third installment?

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
With all of the different forms and transformations in KH3, do we really need to be able to hold two keyblades at once? The fact that you had two in drive forms was mostly cosmetic anyway.

1_Mendoza

Had this sudden thought of all 6 Guardians somehow lending their keyblade to Sora and he just WRECKS Xehanort with 7 keyblades Final Form style, maybe two in hand and 5 flying around Sora striking Xehanort. Kind of a cool concept, but I also feel it’s cheesy lol. Very Super Sonic/ Avatar TLA Avatar state -esque. I’m sure someone will think of something more creative...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
We're dual wielding pistols, claws, yoyos, and ice gauntlets, but not Keyblades, yet. There will most likely be a big Keyblade that separates into two halves.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I thought it would be cool if oathkeeper or oblivion had master form as a transformation and the second stage of transformation would be final form. Obviously those keyblades would be the ones you dual wield with.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Had this sudden thought of all 6 Guardians somehow lending their keyblade to Sora and he just WRECKS Xehanort with 7 keyblades Final Form style, maybe two in hand and 5 flying around Sora striking Xehanort. Kind of a cool concept, but I also feel it’s cheesy lol. Very Super Sonic/ Avatar TLA Avatar state -esque. I’m sure someone will think of something more creative...

My first thought when I read this is OmniSlash KINGDOM ver.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I thought it would be cool if oathkeeper or oblivion had master form as a transformation and the second stage of transformation would be final form. Obviously those keyblades would be the ones you dual wield with.
This is the general thought a friend of mine had as well, and I very much like it, though I think Final Form would be a more appropriate transformation for Oathkeeper & Oblivion, since they're Roxas' signature Keyblades, as it were. Seeing as Kingdom Key triggers it's own sort of Drive Form (Second Form), it doesn't seem too far-fetched to think that sort of thing might be possible.

Still, as far as the story's concerned, I have my reservations about seeing dual-wielding again. Mostly because I seem to recall Nomura once explaining that Sora's ability to wield a second Keyblade came from Ventus. Since it's practically a guarantee that Ven will get his heart back in KHIII, it stands to reason that Sora would, in turn, lose access to that second Keyblade. Which would also create an inconsistency if they went with the Oathkeeper/Oblivion idea.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Yeah, lore wise once he returns Ven's heart he shouldn't be able to dual wield any more.

But I still loved the hell out of doing it. There are some neat substitutes, though. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but there was one transformation in BBS of Ven where he got these light swords behind him like these giant wings. That form was my JAM. Loved it.

I have a feeling if Sora uses multiple Keyblades again it is going to be a very special reason tied to the story and probably wouldn't be accessible outside of the battle/scene it happens in. Sort of like, say, the Leviathan fight in XV with the armiger.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, lore wise once he returns Ven's heart he shouldn't be able to dual wield any more.

But I still loved the hell out of doing it. There are some neat substitutes, though. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but there was one transformation in BBS of Ven where he got these light swords behind him like these giant wings. That form was my JAM. Loved it.

I have a feeling if Sora uses multiple Keyblades again it is going to be a very special reason tied to the story and probably wouldn't be accessible outside of the battle/scene it happens in. Sort of like, say, the Leviathan fight in XV with the armiger.

With the advent of Keyblade Transformations this really shouldn't be an issue anymore.
As Launchpad mentioned, there will surely be one Keyblade which transforms into dual blades to wield and then you have the same general outcome, just instead of two distinct Keyblades you have a single one split in two.

You mean Wingblade, that was Ven's ultimate Command style where he "wields" six swords of light which are arranged behind him like a pair of energy wings.

Considering that it has been mentioned more than once how "special" and very close the heart connection between Sora and Ventus is I could also imagine that i.e. after they finally meet each other in person and learn to actively use this connection that dual wielding will still be a thing as in that Sora can simply borrow Ven's blade (and vice versa) remotely from that point onward.

Zidane from FF IX also dual wields two short swords backhanded so maybe that will become a thing for Ven as well while Sora uses the regular variant.
Keyblades can exist at multiple places at once too so there should be no situation where one of the two is suddenly without a weapon.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
With the advent of Keyblade Transformations this really shouldn't be an issue anymore.
As Launchpad mentioned, there will surely be one Keyblade which transforms into dual blades to wield and then you have the same general outcome, just instead of two distinct Keyblades you have a single one split in two.

I suppose that is entirely possible.

If they introduce dual wielding somehow, however they decide to do it, I am all for it. I am just operating under the assumption that this is something that may not happen due to the story so I can be pleasantly surprised if it does, rather than be disappointed it isn't a feature.

You mean Wingblade, that was Ven's ultimate Command style

Yup, that was the one, thanks for reminding me of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back