• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ducktales 2017 opportunity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
I’ve seen a lot of people ask for Quadratum to feature live action versions of Disney worlds on this site but I have a better idea. What if the 2017 version of Duckburg exists ya in Quadratum and features alternate versions of Donald and his family that don’t know magic.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The reason that movies are often used instead of ongoing series for Kingdom Hearts levels is because movies have much quicker, simpler table-setting, character establishing, and plots that can be introduced and finished in about 3 hours of play, give-or-take. With how complicated KH's broader story can at times become, it's a lot easier if each level is a more relatively self-contained affair. If KH attempted to abridge Ducktales (which I haven't seen but believe has quite a lot of lore) or Tangled: The Series (which I know for a fact has its own crazy lore dumps) it might do a disservice to the original works. I love Donald but in my opinion there are better stories for him than some alternate family confusion.

LoneFox

Awards
Isn't Ducktales 2017 where the deformed nephews medal in UX is originally from? I got that thing early in my playthrough and ended up selling it (even when the game recommended me to use it) because it is so ugly that I just didn't want to see it...

That said, I like the idea of Duckburg in KH. For many people, including myself, it is THE Disney world. But it should be the original version from the comics, as created by Carl Barks and perfected by Don Rosa, and not any low-quality alternative. Of course, as the original homeworld of all the Ducks and Mice, it shouldn't have anything to do with Quadratum, and therefore would have to wait until after KH4.

Launchpad

Awards
Isn't Ducktales 2017 where the deformed nephews medal in UX is originally from? I got that thing early in my playthrough and ended up selling it (even when the game recommended me to use it) because it is so ugly that I just didn't want to see it...

That said, I like the idea of Duckburg in KH. For many people, including myself, it is THE Disney world. But it should be the original version from the comics, as created by Carl Barks and perfected by Don Rosa, and not any low-quality alternative. Of course, as the original homeworld of all the Ducks and Mice, it shouldn't have anything to do with Quadratum, and therefore would have to wait until after KH4.
From the few glimpses I've seen, Ducktales 2017 actually seems like a very cleverly written kid's show with a lot of heart and respect for the history of these characters. Having sour grapes over it is kinda sad dude

LoneFox

Awards
From the few glimpses I've seen, Ducktales 2017 actually seems like a very cleverly written kid's show with a lot of heart and respect for the history of these characters. Having sour grapes over it is kinda sad dude
I'm not saying anything about its writing, because I don't know anything about it. What I'm saying is that the drawing style is disgustingly ugly, and that I don't want to see this style in KH, or really anywhere.

Launchpad

Awards
I'm not saying anything about its writing, because I don't know anything about it. What I'm saying is that the drawing style is disgustingly ugly, and that I don't want to see this style in KH, or really anywhere.
Of all the cartoon art styles to get hurt over, you picked something as inoffensive as Ducktales? You're weird for that lol

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Of all the cartoon art styles to get hurt over, you picked something as inoffensive as Ducktales? You're weird for that lol
and they could always just have it in KH's style but the character designs could be inspired by Ducktales.

Like Huey, Dewey, and Louie would have their different outfits and haircuts to distinguish them from each other. Scrooge & Donald would look like they do in KH.

Lord_Derriphan

Awards
Honestly the series is fairly good. It does take some liberties with the source material, but then again the comics are from the early 20th century. It's action packed enough and Magica would make a great KH villain.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
DuckTales is honestly amazing, It already made some sort of an appearance in Union X. It would be cool to see more of it in Kingdom hearts.

Back