• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dualshock 4 compatibility?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas72

Website
www.facebook.com
Quick question for all you lucky owners of the game! Does the Dualshock 4 (i.e PS4 controller) work properly with the game, this time around? I seem to remember some problems with I.5, making the game practically unplayable with a DS4.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere on the site.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I believe it does work properly compared to Kingdom Hearts 1.5. And yes, its still capable.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yep!

I have to use the Dualshock 4 to play the game since my charging cable for my PS3 controllers is broken so I'm glad it works perfectly.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So far, I've had no issues with it. Of course, this can change, and the experience will always be different for each person.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
So far, I've had no issues with it. Of course, this can change, and the experience will always be different for each person.

You're telling me pressing up and to the left/down and to the left on the analog stick doesn't make Roxas/Sora walk instead of run? The experience doesn't change person to person. Either the game is compatible with the controller or it isn't. For everybody.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If that issue was present for me it hasn't happened so far.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
If that issue was present for me it hasn't happened so far.

That's just weird. It shouldn't be conditional like that. I'm actually 99% sure that it isn't now that people are getting their hands on it and saying they're having the same issue (but that it apparently works completely with BBS; I haven't tried it yet).

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well I can't say for KH2 but as for the BBS part of 2.5 the DS4 is working beautifully. Haven't gotten to KH2 yet cause haha fuck that but I'll be disappoint if it's just like KH1 in the other collection. x[

Gram

Banned
Awards
So got around to KH2 at last and I'm having issues with the DS4 as well. Seems it's just like KH1 in the regard. Truly disappointing but at least it works for BBS I suppose. Unlike 1.5 with it's CoM I'll definitely play more BBS than KH2 of 2.5.

kolewan

That's just weird. It shouldn't be conditional like that. I'm actually 99% sure that it isn't now that people are getting their hands on it and saying they're having the same issue (but that it apparently works completely with BBS; I haven't tried it yet).

I just got KH 2.5 recently and I was looking for an answer as to whether the DS4 works on KH2 and I feel like you guys have a bit of confusion here. The important aspect I think I've noticed is that it's important to pair your DS4 with the PS3 and then use it wirelessly and you won't have any of the walking troubles that happened in KH1.5. I think this fixes all compatibility issues with the DS4 on PS3 including KH 1.5 but my friend is borrowing my copy so i can say for certain.

If you don't know how to do that you want to turn on your PS3 then hold share + the PS button while it isn't plugged in. The DS4 LED will start blinking then you can plug in the DS4 and go to Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Manage Bluetooth Devices and then Register New Device and you can add the DS4 for wireless use. The PS button won't work though. That's the only catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back