• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dual wielding returns with Kingdom Hearts III's Oathkeeper and Oblivion new formchange

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix have shared two new images ahead of this week's free 1.07 update for Kingdom Hearts III. The images show off Sora's new Double Form formchange, which lets him dual wield both the Oathkeeper and Oblivion Keyblades.

Kingdom Hearts III's 1.07 update is scheduled to launch ahead of this weeks PlayStation 4 launch of Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind on January 23 2020. The free update brings:

• A main story update
  • Newly added abilities
  • Keyblades Oathkeeper and Oblivion + new formchanges added (In-game requirements in KINGDOM HEARTS III to acquire Keyblades)
  • Expanded Sharing Features

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Am hoping the finisher involves combining the two into a double sided spear and slashing at the opponent

notnow123487

Awards
So this update includes all of the new things added to the main game? So if we want to replay the game before remind, we can start now once this update drops?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
2?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Is there any mention as to when exactly the Free Update is supposed to launch?
Square Enix North America only says "before Re Mind," which for them is 12am EST on the 23rd. I'm hoping it's before Re Mind launches in New Zealand, otherwise a lot of places will have to wait because nothing works without the patch.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Looks good! Is that Young Xehanort? I mean I figured he'd be a boss. Glad to see it confirmed, yay!

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I figured both Sora and Roxas can still dual wield because their hearts are still connected despite being separated.
We can try to handwave it however we want, but it still contradicts the established lore. Besides, Sora and Roxas' second Keyblade came from housing Ventus' heart, not eachother's. Up until KH3, Roxas never even had a Keyblade of his own to begin with, and we all know none of that was explained either, lol.

Anyway, I'm not trying hark on it too much. Just felt like it was funny to see them sacrificing lore for spectacle.. again.

OneDandelion

Awards
This is really getting my hopes up for a rewrite of the keyblade graveyard. Anyway I'm probably gonna steer clear of these forums for a week or so so I don't get spoiled now that stuffs starting to drop... so... See you all in about a week!

ZeVaine

Awards
Perhaps the memory of Ventus' heart being a part of Sora's is still enough to allow Sora to share that power - Sora's all about sharing.

disney233

Awards
Heh... Bye bye lore. Thought you needed two hearts to pull this off, but I guess we're saying it's ok now, right? 😜 Gotta love the power of fan service, lol.
BOI HALF THE LORE INTRODUCED TO US ALREADY WENT BYE-BYE IN FAVOR OF FANSERVICE!

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
oooh that is sexy

can't wait to dual wield my way through some unfortunate heartless.

Back