• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dual-Wielding Explanation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstoppableSound

Did anyone else appreciate how they explained why Roxas could dual-wield? I was quite happy to find out that it was all due to Xion's memories and powers being re-absorbed into Roxas. I was always wondering why, and I love how they finally explained it.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They didn't explain it, actually. It's BBS related.

Ultimania said:
-- In the end Roxas is able use two keyblades. Is this because he now has Xion’s?

Nomura: Well, it isn’t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion’s keyblade, but more that Xion has awakened it within Roxas. In the KH series there are a lot of complex reasons why someone can use a keyblade, but basically you need a “heart” to be able to wield one. So strictly speaking, they are being influenced by Sora. At the present I can’t say more than that, since it would go into whether or not Roxas has a heart. And there is also a part that has to do with Xehanort’s memories. This time there were connections to the Kingdom Hearts I secret movie, and the time will come when this will have a clear connection as well. You’ll just have to ask me then.

Xion woke something up inside Roxas that let him duel Wield. I think we can say with a high level of certainty it has to do with Xigbar seeing her as Ven, indicating Roxas and/or Sora have a strong bond to him, and he's an established wielder.

UnstoppableSound

They didn't explain it, actually. It's BBS related.

Xion woke something up inside Roxas that let him duel Wield. I think we can say with a high level of certainty it has to do with Xigbar seeing her as Ven, indicating Roxas and/or Sora have a strong bond to him, and he's an established wielder.

Ah I see. That makes the issue 50x complex. I guess we can't say anything for certain until BBS comes out, however we can say that he did inherit something from Xion which allowed him, and then Sora to dual-wield.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
My money's riding on the Memories she had that pertained to Ven. He's an established wielder in some shape or form. He'd be able to give Roxas and Sora an extra Keyblade, depending on what of him they have inside them *coughheartcough*

UnstoppableSound

My money's riding on the Memories she had that pertained to Ven. He's an established wielder in some shape or form. He'd be able to give Roxas and Sora an extra Keyblade, depending on what of him they have inside them *coughheartcough*

That's a safe assumption, however we don't know if that's 100% correct. Seeing as how there is no verification whatsoever that Ven is a keyblade master. All we know is that Master Xehanort & Master E~something are keyblade wielders. The three apprentices: Roxas, Terra, and Ven are not able to wield a keyblade so far from what we've seen, but only keyblade replicas. However we do not know what the future of BBS holds...so we'll see.

H

Heolstor

I think Sora has a heart two times as big, because he has to hearts. They got split up along with his powers when Roxas was born. Two keyblades, two hearts.

Why can Riku dualwield? Xehanort.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think Sora has a heart two times as big, because he has to hearts. They got split up along with his powers when Roxas was born. Two keyblades, two hearts.

That makes absolutely no sense.
If anything he had an extra Heart inside him, period. Lol Ven.

Why can Riku dualwield? Xehanort.

Yup. Most likely.

H

Heolstor

That makes absolutely no sense.
If anything he had an extra Heart inside him, period. Lol Ven.

Well I mean maybe his heart absorbed the other heart making one big one. Making a special kind that could hold Kairi's.

Then hers was released when he stabbed himself, but since the other heart was kind of part of him now, it went with his nobody instead of just being released like the others.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well I mean maybe his heart absorbed the other heart making one big one. Making a special kind that could hold Kairi's.
Then hers was released when he stabbed himself, but since the other heart was kind of part of him now, it went with his nobody instead of just being released like the others.

Hearts aren't containers, Bodies are. Kairi's Heart was inside Sora's body while being separate from him. Fusing two Hearts together would logically give us a new Heart that is neither the original component. Arguably how we got Apprentice Xehanort, going by your theory of choice.
Sora is Sora is Sora is a Sora that has Sora's Heart. Saying he split this extra Heart from him would make him someone he's not after Kairi restored him, yet alas, Sora was still Sora - indicating he had the same Heart as he always had. Nothing happened to it save for losing its Body.

H

Heolstor

Hearts aren't containers, Bodies are. Kairi's Heart was inside Sora's body while being separate from him. Fusing two Hearts together would logically give us a new Heart that is neither the original component. Arguably how we got Apprentice Xehanort, going by your theory of choice.
Sora is Sora is Sora is a Sora that has Sora's Heart. Saying he split this extra Heart from him would make him someone he's not after Kairi restored him, yet alas, Sora was still Sora - indicating he had the same Heart as he always had. Nothing happened to it save for losing its Body.

Well his body was taken by Roxas. So he was a wandering heart. Roxas was the one with the container. So there had to be two hearts for both of them to be able to wield.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That's the likely explanation that Nomura himself half supports by certain slips of the tongue, yes.
However between saying "Sora had an extra Heart in him to give Roxas" and saying "Sora had a fused Heart that defused when Roxas was born" there's quite a long way to go.

H

Heolstor

That's the likely explanation that Nomura himself half supports by certain slips of the tongue, yes.
However between saying "Sora had an extra Heart in him to give Roxas" and saying "Sora had a fused Heart that defused when Roxas was born" there's quite a long way to go.

I think I get what you're saying there.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Thanks for the BBS spoiler, I guess.
And you mean Aqua, nor Roxas, Terra and Ven XD;

Nothing has been confirmed so far on the Keyblades held by the Apprentices in BbS, so there's no spoiler there. :O All we know is they have no Keychains, which can be seen in the secret ending to KH2: FM, so...

Also, it's quite obvious that Ven and them can wield Keyblades. >_> Masters they are not, but Wielders they are, at least by the end if not at the beginning. I don't think you'd be able to be labeled an Apprentice without being able to Wield, lol.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nothing has been confirmed so far on the Keyblades held by the Apprentices in BbS, so there's no spoiler there. :O All we know is they have no Keychains, which can be seen in the secret ending to KH2: FM, so...

Well, I'm not up to date nor do I wanna be, so.
Thanks for clearing that up :3

Also, it's quite obvious that Ven and them can wield Keyblades. >_> Masters they are not, but Wielders they are, at least by the end if not at the beginning. I don't think you'd be able to be labeled an Apprentice without being able to Wield, lol.

Mmhm. Much like how I see Riku with the Soul Eater. He must've had some ability that let him use it, as it behaves like a Keyblade as far as the usage and "storage" go, but it wasn't a Keyblade.
Wonder if we'd be able to draw more similarities once BBS is released and we know what's up with their Keyblades.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Well, I'm not up to date nor do I wanna be, so.
Thanks for clearing that up :3
I figured as much, since I've never seen you in the Future of KH sections. xD

Mmhm. Much like how I see Riku with the Soul Eater. He must've had some ability that let him use it, as it behaves like a Keyblade as far as the usage and "storage" go, but it wasn't a Keyblade.
Wonder if we'd be able to draw more similarities once BBS is released and we know what's up with their Keyblades.
Well Riku with the Soul Eater is quite similar to the Organization Members, as they all call their Weapons similarly. We'll definitely get to know exactly what's up with that somewhere in BbS, I'd say.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I figured as much, since I've never seen you in the Future of KH sections. xD

Used to. Days came. Went into hiding. Now I'm saving myself for BBS.

Well Riku with the Soul Eater is quite similar to the Organization Members, as they all call their Weapons similarly. We'll definitely get to know exactly what's up with that somewhere in BbS, I'd say.

I'd think twice and thrice before comparing Riku's Soul Eater to Nobody weapons. As far as we know, they only attained those abilities after becoming Nobodies, along with their elements :\ so bad example there.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I'd think twice and thrice before comparing Riku's Soul Eater to Nobody weapons. As far as we know, they only attained those abilities after becoming Nobodies, along with their elements :\ so bad example there.

That's true, but still, they're non-Keyblade weapons but are called and expelled in a manner similar to Keyblades. It is a bad example due to the source of the powers, but the mechanics behind the actual calling and vanishing of the weapons are likely quite similar.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I doubt it. Riku not only was a wielder before he had the Soul Eater, it later on became the WtD which is a proper, honest to god Keyblade. So unless you wanna tell me Marlu's scythe would later become a Keyscythe, bad example imo :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back