• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Dual Monitor Display?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Okay, so, I'm trying to get my Computer to have Dual-Monitors. But, everything I've tried doesn't work.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Those are all the Ports on the back of my computer. With on Monitor, I've just had it connected to the DVI by using this VGA to DVI adapter:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now, I'm trying to connect the second Monitor through the VGA, but it fails to work. My computer just doesn't recognize it's there.

In case it's relevent, I have a NVIDIA GeForce G100 graphics card.

Any ideas of what to do?

D

Deleted member 36435

From what I can tell you are trying to run two monitors through one port using an adapter. That doesn't work.

If you aren't, go to Display -> Screen Resolution (or similar depending on your version of windows) and hit detect.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
From what I can tell you are trying to run two monitors through one port using an adapter. That doesn't work.

If you aren't, go to Display -> Screen Resolution (or similar depending on your version of windows) and hit detect.

I'm using my main monitor by using the VGA to DVI adapter in the DVI port on the Top.
And then, the second monitor is plugged directly into VGA port near the bottom.
I don't see why it shouldn't work. :/

D

Deleted member 36435

Can you post an actual picture of your set-up?

D

Deleted member 36435

okay, here is what i'm thinking. the bottom port is to your video card and the top one is going to your motherboard's on-board video which is why it won't use both of them.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
tl;dr don't use your monitor's onboard video output port; use your hdmi and dvi ports

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That thread says it's possible.

I guess I'll go to Best Buy and check it out to see if they have the converter box, and then buy it. If it works, I'll keep it, but if it doesn't, I can just return it and then try to get a monitor that has HDMI later on.

Thanks for all the help. ^_^

D

Deleted member 36435

another option would be to buy another video card, i mean those converters can get pricey, so you could just upgrade your hardware and get a card with 2+ vga/dvi cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back