• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DS Vs PSP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is better?

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sony PSP

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Both

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • None

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
If your saying it wont break as easily then your wrong cause I could hit the DS with a toothpick and that would be dead but the PSP would take a big hammer.Also I like the PSP more.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Overall, DS has a larger selection of games and is a better portable system.

Although, the PSP also has it's few good games that IMO, rival the good DS games.

MHF
MHF2nd
MGS: PO
MGS: PO+
Tales of the World

There's a shitload of other games, but I'm too lazy to post them D:

Also, most people will say the PSP sucks =/ I doubt they've played it and if they have, the game selection isn't very large and there are more shit games than good games for the PSP.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
If your saying it wont break as easily then your wrong cause I could hit the DS with a toothpick and that would be dead but the PSP would take a big hammer.Also I like the PSP more.

Then how come I stomped on my DS(accident) and it was perfectly fine? PSP wise, my friend dropped one from 4 feet and it broke.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

Uhh...considering the point of the DS is to poke it with a stick, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you've experience blunt force trauma to the skull recently

YouTube - DS Lite LCD Stress Test (it passed!)

That's quite a bit more force than a tooth pick

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
DS has more games and its way more fun..
PSP has great gfx but doesn't have many great games((unless you like remake and ports of old PSX games and hate new games))

Also don't we have a topic on this already?

distubedsword

I agree the psp is ok but needs way more fun games if the new Kingdom hearts side stories game was on it i would play it but i like the ds when i tried to pay wi-fi on the psp no one was playing but with ds they are so ds but the new psp does look good

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
yeah the psp is sturdier cause i dropped it like 3 times already (like 4 feet up) with out a cover and it probably only got like 1 scratch

it usually depends on ur age or your choice of games i guess.....

i personally dont care cause i have both systems :D

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
The PSP isn't sturdy at all, it actually breaks rather easily compared to the DS and DS Lite. At least the old model does, I wouldn't know about the new. Anyway...I voted for DS. It just has more.

Theory Master

Website
www.myspace.com
DS has more games and its way more fun..
PSP has great gfx but doesn't have many great games((unless you like remake and ports of old PSX games and hate new games))

Also don't we have a topic on this already?

ok... sure the PSP, like the PS3 had a slow start and its still recovering... so just give it a lil more time.
also there are like a shipload of puzzle games for the DS that its like the DS was made for puzzle game. Also it just sucks (except for New SMB and MKDS)
the rest just suck... the graphics suck and there are lame games for it.

The PSP has a nice library with music, movies and games.
like Loco Roco, Sega Collection, GTA LCS, GTA VCS, and noew God of War will conker the PSP and it WILL be awsome!!!

when you get bored of the game, save it and listen to music of watch videos, or browse the net without all the gatgets that the PSP replaced if you have the DS. the mucis/video add ons by Datel suck! because they make cheap products for the handhelds (yes, including the PSP.) and the Internet isnt updatable (sp?) like the PSP. so you get stuck with the stuff you have and welp...

The DS IS MIGHTY strong though...
i have dropped it, stepped on it, thrown it, and it looks like is inmortal but the 2nd screen got messed up after a year of misuse. lol.
i got my PSP a month ago and i just got my warranty (accidental: the mother of all insurances!) so i got nothing to worry about. and i cant say anything about it since i havent felt like messing with it like what i did top my DS BUT because it doesnt have the hard cover like the DS (2nd screen) i wouldnt expect much than a shattered screen.

-----
and the new model will be smaller and sleeker.... imagine that its an iPod Nano and try to remember all the mishaps that happened when the Nano came out:
broken screens
damaged product
damaged firmware (hardware untouched, happened to me...lol)

so dont expect much from it...

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
It's DS without a doubt
there r uncountable great games in the DS
while there r only like 5 good games in the PSP
this is my opinion guys, wanna flame? bring it on

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
It's DS without a doubt
Sure, why not.

You're an idiot.

There's a large list of great games for the PSP:

Rachet and Clank: Size Matters, SOCOM FireTeam Bravo 2, Metal Gear Ac!d 1&2, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Lumines 1&2, Loco Roco, Mercury Meltdown, Guilty Gear Judgment, Daxter, Death Jr., DJ MAX Portable, DragonBall Z Shin Budokai, Monster Hunter Freedom 1&2, Exit, Final Fantasy 1, Megaman Maverick Hunter X, Megaman Powered Up!, and Tekken: Dark Resurrection.

There's also a nice list of games that will soon be coming out, if you want to save up.

God of War: Chains of Olympus, PaRappa the Rappa, Final Fantasy II, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, Harvest Moon Boy & Girl, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops+, Tales of the World:Radiant Mythology.

I believe that's a lot more than just five games.

Theory Master

Website
www.myspace.com
It's DS without a doubt

the only good games that are interesting are the ones that i mentioned b4 and Yoshi's Island...
Pokemon is the same thing as the previous 1000 games that came out.
ahj! 4gt about Naruto.... there is a game from that wanna be Goku brat every ten minutes.
and welp... it just sucks...
the Wi-Fi selector sucks. but not on some games tat i forgot the name lol.

ok here is a lil "challenge" for you:
name 15 good game for the DS EXCLUDING
New Super Mario
Mario Kart DS
Yoshi's Island

ace12993

I like the PSP more because im more into sports,racing,RPGs and shooting games. I kinda grew out of the platformers like mario,sonic and others, but they will always be classics.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
the only good games that are interesting are the ones that i mentioned b4 and Yoshi's Island...
Pokemon is the same thing as the previous 1000 games that came out.
ahj! 4gt about Naruto.... there is a game from that wanna be Goku brat every ten minutes.
and welp... it just sucks...
the Wi-Fi selector sucks. but not on some games tat i forgot the name lol.

ok here is a lil "challenge" for you:
name 15 good game for the DS EXCLUDING
New Super Mario
Mario Kart DS
Yoshi's Island

lol
a challenge? why not
before i give u the names of the games, put in your mind that i hate the 3 games u specified

the games are:
phoenix wright ace attorney
phoenix wright ace attorney Justice for all
megaman ZX
castlevania dawn of sorrow
castlevania portrait of ruin
trauma center
pokemon pearl and diamond
elite beat agents
lost in blue 2
yu-gi-oh
sonic rush
kirby
tao's adventure
lunar knights
final fantasy III

was that 15? i have more if u want

and jay chou: you're the idiot, remember i said it's MY OPINION

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
You clearly missed your own part of your very own post. You, yourself, said bring on the flames, so I therefore I called you an idiot.

How ignorant can you get?

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
It's DS without a doubt
I fail to see where the "If" of yours came from. Did it come from another dimension, or are you just too stupid to notice what you wrote in your own post?

You also said, and I quote, "bring it on". Do you know what that's called? It's called a challenge, which means you implied that you wouldn't mind being flamed at for your opinion and that you had all the facts and means to back up your opinion right there.

Of course, you had to bitch about it because you couldn't handle it.

One suggestion I might add for future reference, try not to bite off more than you can chew.

Lol ignorant of your own post ): How oh so very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back