• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dry

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Augusten Burroughs plans new TV shows with CBS, Showtime | EW.com

Writer Augusten Burroughs is partnering with Katalyst Films to develop new TV projects, Variety reports. The team is already working on a firefighter/arson investigation drama The Nature of Fire at CBS, and a Showtime comedy based on his book Dry, about an advertising executive trying to get sober. Burroughs will write both projects.

So Showtime has decided to adapt Augusten Burroughs' memoir "Dry" into a comedy series for the network, and Augusten Burroughs will also be writing it. I know it was announced awhile back, but I never saw a thread on it and only found it recently, so I wanted to make a thread on it.

For those who have not read the memoir, here's a page on it from Wikipedia.

Personally I'm extremely excited. I love Augusten Burroughs, and since he's writing for it I imagine it's going to be faithful to the original and have his wit in there as well. Plus, Dry is my second favorite book/memoir by him (first is Running With Scissors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back