• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drum Corps International

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

So I searched around for a thread about it, surprised there wasn't one about it.

I got the chance of going to DCI world finals yesterday to volunteer so I could earn my ticket. I was blown away by the groups there! It's one thing seeing them perform on a TV screen, but live its something else. I got to see the Carolina Crown, Blue Knights, and the Cavilers live , and saw glimpses of Phantom Regiment, and SCV. I was very upset that I had to leave before the Blue Devils performed.

This years scores if anyone's interested.
Drum Corps Planet - Scores / Stats

Who are your favorite groups? Have you ever marched with any of these groups? Have you been to a DIC show? Best show you have ever seen? Etc...

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Well I went to DCI live on thursday with my marching band. The Cavaliers were a fan favorite along withthe Boston Crusaders because two of our very own were marching for that corp this summer. I know my friend marched Teal this year and I was sad to see them leave early on. But I'm still proud of him. My friend Mallory was on the guard for the Cadets and I found that to be an extremely cute show.

A LOT of people that I went with enjoyed Carolina Crown's performance. I liked it but I don't think the guard was as good as they were last year. Phantom Regiment's concept this year was interesting and to see the "main" horn player join the band during one of the drill sets sent a shiver down my spine.

Fortissimo

Yeah the Cavilers show was something crazy. I liked it, I just wish I would have seen the Blue Devils. I really liked Carolina Crow's show, I was completely absorbed in their show until I saw one of their horn players break an ankle!

That's cool that you have friends in corps. None of the alumni I know went into it, but my old percussion director was the center snare for phantom regiment back in 76. He was the one that inspired me to try out for corps, but I don't have the time or money anymore. A friend of mine is going out for bluecoats and we're happy for him. Are you wanting to try out for one?

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
The Blue Devils won, right? My friend was touring with them since his brother one of the percussionists. He said it was pretty funny since half the crowd was booing.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
See that's a common misconception. The crowd actually cries "BLUE!" which can easily be mistaken for "Boo".

Chromatic

Become
Awards
The "Blue" cheer isn't for Blue Devils, it's for Bluecoats. DCI's world class was something fierce in 2010. BD had its moments, though I still feel like Cavies put on the better show. But then, I was alos amongst those open class corps that had to see BDB win for the second year straight, without really having a challenge. Blue Stars were a favorite of mine (though I was a bit biased, having had a good experience auditioning for them). I can't really attest to most of the finals line up, since I was in the lot for the first four or five corps.

Looking into the future, it'll be exciting to see where corps like Bluecaots, and Crown, for that matter, get to in years to come.

PS - Fortissimo, you are now my hero for making this thread.

Fortissimo

Well thank you Chromatic, you are too kind!

And you auditioned for blue stars? What did you go out for? My friend wants to try out for their line next year, I'm thinking about it. I wish I would have gotten to see the groups performing earlier in the day, but I was working in the dci store, but got the occasional break to watch some of the groups on the big screen. Didn't get a chance to go to the lot :C but I did catch once line warming up, I think it was phantom, not too sure.

I thought that out of the group is saw, the Cavies were the most impressive, next I would put Crown, then Blue Coats.

Did anyone see the Crown mellophone player break her ankle during their show?

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I went out for Blue Stars pit. What do you play/do? You should definitely give it a shot.

For the most part, I went to the lot to see Blue Star's line warm up. Two of my friends that I "marched" with (you know, pit doesn't march much) are Dartmouth High School people, and there were people from Dartmouth in the Blue Star line (what with Tom Aungst heading their line). I also caught SCV's line in the lot in passing. Other than that, I just watched the shows. I'd say, Bluecoats got third out of being clean. Their DL was, and is, amazing, as is their pit. Maybe it's because I wasn't totally paying attention to it, but I didn't see where Blue Devils were better than Cavies. The Green Machine, in my opinion, certainly should have taken the gold this passed year.

Fortissimo

I play the tenors in the drum line. The only problems i face with marching is time and money. :(

I wanted to see SCV in the lot so bad, but at least i got to see their show on the big screen. Seeing Blue Stars would have been just as great. I think my band director marched for them back in the day.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
This is quite a bit of a bump, but I really thought the Blue Devils should have won 1st place. Their show "The Beat My Heart Skipped" was absolutely amazing. I think the only reason they didn't was because the actual 1st place winners (Cadets?) did a documentary for their show or something. Plus, the crowd would have been really pissed if the Blue Devils won again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back