• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dropbox

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
If you aren't using this yet, and you ever have to use more than one computer, you really should be. It's a cloud-syncing service that gives you 2GB of storage for free, and if you do referrals, you can get even more free space. There are paid options as well.

This might sound like an advertisement, but really it's a service that's been a life-saver...or, at least, a huge 'hassle'-saver. Since so much of my work is done on my laptop (protip: all of it), but there are no printers, at school or at home, that work wirelessly and the wires are buried underneath or into other computers, I need to use other computers to print.

I could have used a flash drive, but 1. I've lost all of mine, and 2. This service is free; why pay for a flash drive when I can have it saved in the cloud, download the file I need, and be done with it?

It really is a great thing if you ever need to use more than one computer, and is an excellent backup in the first place. If, at any point, you have written something that you want to have backed up--a novel, screenplay, poems, etc.--you really can't beat dropbox.

If you do decide to sign up, please do so from here because both of us will get extra, free, storage.

O

Oberon

This is very handy. I use it mostly for things that I'm afraid my USB might crash with, like school projects and whatnot. I personally use a USB drive for everything else thought, and luckily I haven't lost it (have had the same one for 2 years).

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Since they're also stored locally on your computer, no; you just wouldn't be able to head on over to your online dropbox account and download individual files; and, obviously, syncing wouldn't work.

It's more of a 'sync' service than a storage service, except it does both...if that makes sense.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I utilize this for storing important files for Model United Nations on my school account. I can create documents at home, throw them into the public folder, and use them in meetings with the fellow staff members. Much, much easier than having to email everything to myself.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Had to use this for my class last semester. Decided to link the files to my home computer...which wasn't such a good idea since everyone else's (18 other people) files got linked to my computer as well :\

Also 4shared is cheaper/has more storage options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back