• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drop

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotaHero21

I have been wondering for sometime now. There has been little discussion as to what exactly the drop gauge will mean for dream drop distance as far as game-play goes. Now I for one have a feeling that it may have something to do with Sora and Riku's jumping around like ninjas. I don't much have a basis for this claim and don't support it to much but it kinda seems fees able. I say that because If they do implement the deck command again then it will be unlikely that the drop gauge will effect combat. What do you guys think? What is the drop?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
i think its like the drive gauge

and those fast paced moving attacks are the new drive forms/command styles

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I'm thinking maybe the drop gauge could be a stamina bar, like when it runs out, your character dies(drops) and maybe you switch to the other one for a while.
Meh, maybe that's a retarded idea.
I think I like yours better.
EDIT: ^ I think Silver Soul may be right. I wonder what command styles they could come up with, though.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm thinking maybe the drop gauge could be a stamina bar, like when it runs out, your character dies(drops) and maybe you switch to the other one for a while.
thats actually an awesome idea

as you progress, your gauge get bigger
and you get more time with each char.

VLR.XIII

I think the term 'drop' means another character drops in and takes the other's place. The drop gauge might mean there's a limit to how many times you can change characters. Of course, it can probably be refilled like most gauges.
It's been confirmed that you can't manually switch.

I'm taking drop in the most literal sense of the word: falling.

NotaHero21

EDIT: ^ I think Silver Soul may be right. I wonder what command styles they could come up with, though.

Dont be so fast to call it a retarded idea, in fact this is along the line of what I think they are using it for. And personally it seems like a great one.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
how wil riku and sora move about the world were not in the castle
no gummiship or corridor of darkness
mabey drop is there means of getting where

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I think it will be something like the Focus bar, but it will be more integrated with the system. It will act as something like the Drives or Command Styles. Definitely has something to do with the cool jumping and spinning they do.

NotaHero21

If it is indeed a part of the combat system I will be a bit worried. I like the idea of the crazy bar being for something other then over powering the player. It cool and all but the focus bar and drive gauge have served to make the latest KH titles to easy. With the exception I suppose being BBS as I still enjoyed the boss fights in that game. But I chalk that up to the deck command system.

NotaHero21

Agreed, and Nomura's already mentioned "a Sora that falls" so...

It would be most pleasing to hear if it was actually confirmed, I haven't read anything about it as of yet but i'm entitled to be wrong. A tag system has me happier then before, as I said before as long as they aren't providing retardedly strong power ups.

CCs and Cream

I have two guesses.

1. Another version of overclock from Re:coded which is way more insanely powerful. Everytime you get a higher number (1.5 - 2.0) you get powerful new commands that have to do with Dream, Drop, and Distance. (or at least Drop)

2. You drop with power.

NotaHero21

I have two guesses.

1. Another version of overclock from Re:coded which is way more insanely powerful. Everytime you get a higher number (1.5 - 2.0) you get powerful new commands that have to do with Dream, Drop, and Distance. (or at least Drop)

2. You drop with power.

Haha this is actually what I though of when i watched riku and sora drop down on top of the heartless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back