• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Drop Gauge Increased in DDDHD and 0.2 Objectives Translated!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Despite not being a well received addition to the Kingdom Hearts gameplay, the Drop Gauge is staying in the HD re-release of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD. Today, the Japanese Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue website updated with new screenshots, which you can view here, as well as some new information about the gameplay of Dream Drop Distance

Previously, the Drop limit in 3D Dream Drop Distance was capped at around 10 minutes, and could be slowed down through items and/or spending Drop Points (accumulated from defeating Dream Eaters and spending them when swapping between Sora and Riku), or increased in bad weather and/or status effects. Now, in the re-release, the Drop gauge will deplete after 20 minutes, allowing you extra time to explore the worlds as Sora and Riku.

In Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-, objectives have been added to add extra challenge to the game. Completing these challenges rewards the player with material and other customisable items.

The screenshot above includes a few of the objectives that will reward Aqua with the customisable items. The objectives are as follows:

Challenge List

No.1 Defeat Shadows
No.2 Defeat フーカバー (name not yet translated)

No.3 Defeat Flame Cores (14/40)
No.4 Defeat Neoshadows (15/30)
No.5 Defeat Water Cores
No.6 Defeat Earth Cores (14/20)
No.7 Increase Strength
No.8 ?????
No.9 ?????
No.10 Use Counter (0/5)

As this is the start of the list, more challenging and difficult objectives should follow, providing hours of extra content.

Translations thanks to Saken and Zephyr.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Why am I the only person who didn't have issues about the Drop Gauge? I never drop once in bosses, but hopefully no one is still dropping in DDDHD.
Occasionally I would drop at inconvenient times in my first playthrough, but I never felt like it was unfair. The game gave me this rule and it's on me to work with it. That said, I welcome a more forgiving Drop gauge.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I've really only had issues with inconvenient drops during my LV1 run of the game (war flashbacks from the Spellican), but this change is welcome nevertheless. It's nice to not have to fill one/two command slots with Drop-Me-Nots/Nevers.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Occasionally I would drop at inconvenient times in my first playthrough, but I never felt like it was unfair. The game gave me this rule and it's on me to work with it. That said, I welcome a more forgiving Drop gauge.

I understand people don't want to waste a slot for Drip me Nots but if people know about it, they should have been prepared....

Sigh, I guess I don't do things that are the fault of me and not the Game.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I never had issues either, but I guess I can see where people might have had issues.... I guess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I never had issues with dropping. I made sure to save at save spots before bosses, if my drop gauge felt too low I'd just drop out or use a drop-me-not. I tried to avoid bad forecast conditions and if there was one I'd just use the time to grind as much as possible.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Personally I rarely ever had any problems with the gauge. It was only a problem in, like, one or two boss fights. Either way I am glad to see that it has been extended regardless.

The objectives are interesting. It's amazing to me how we have seen so much of 0.2 and yet so little. I love how much effort and work they are putting into it.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Despite not being a well received addition to the Kingdom Hearts gameplay, the Drop Gauge is staying

YYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSS, BITCHES

tumblr_ny6qqqJRS61u99k6xo1_500.gif

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I still don't even know what the forecast stuff even means to be honest. I am the worst player ever, but yes, I always stayed stocked on drop-me-nots even though I never equipped them.

The only boss I'm stuck on is Ansem SoD because it's super annoying when he throws me allll the way to the back of the room when I only just made it to the front and barely got any hits in. It's super disorienting, so I can't wait to play it on a bigger screen and a controller.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know why people were expecting the drop gauge to be gone entirely. They'd have to completely rework how you switch characters into a linear scenario or a BBS situation, which probably would've been more work than they would ever have wanted to do for this.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I don't know why people were expecting the drop gauge to be gone entirely. They'd have to completely rework how you switch characters into a linear scenario or a BBS situation, which probably would've been more work than they would ever have wanted to do for this.
You can drop manually and are required to finish all worlds in a "ring" with both characters before moving on, creating natural walls to force dropping.

It frankly wouldn't have been that hard.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm actually glad. I always felt like I didn't have enough time - I'd always drop in inconvenient times. And I never wanted to equip items because I didn't want to waste slots..

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm actually glad. I always felt like I didn't have enough time - I'd always drop in inconvenient times. And I never wanted to equip items because I didn't want to waste slots..
You could just equip a Drop-Me-Not, pop it, and replace it with whatever was there before.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Why am I the only person who didn't have issues about the Drop Gauge? I never drop once in bosses, but hopefully no one is still dropping in DDDHD.

I dropped like once during the Monstro boss fight with Riku. Never had much trouble either.

I mean it's okay, I just don't see the need for drop-me-nots anymore then.

I love the objectives for 0.2 tho. <3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
For those wondering, the Water Cores were seen in the Kingdom Hearts III E3 2015 trailer, as well as the Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue TGS 2016 trailer.

I also think this is the first time we've seen an Earth elemental Heartless.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ik this doesn't have anything to do with the topic, but I wonder if they will change -za to -gun in DDD, considering -gun spells are also called that way in 0.2

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You could just equip a Drop-Me-Not, pop it, and replace it with whatever was there before.

This.

To be honest I never understood the wailing in regards to the Drop Gauge, as it added some strategic element to the whole experience requiring players to plan ahead and actually weigh if one should take on a level's boss or not (if you don't reset the gauge via item).

But then again, I also never understood the "hate" and complaints about CoM's card system which in my personal view has a wonderful strategic and planning component to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back