• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Drop Gauge Increased in DDDHD and 0.2 Objectives Translated!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All of y'all need to chill. The mechanic exists. We all have to deal with it. Darkos has a right to dislike it and see it as unfair. Everybody else has the right to see it differently.

Agree to disagree.

If you do wish to continue this train of discussion, everybody needs to be able to respect the other side's opinion.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Is it really just that?
People nowadays are too lazy to immerse themselves in things and obstacles they are given and think about how to work with/around them?
Because that's literally the very first thing I do with every game I start to play regardless of genre.

Are they too lazy to keep several things at once in mind and think ahead more than two steps?
Do you even know how to discuss anything without resorting to insulting anyone who would disagree with you?We're all "lazy" now. Jesus.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know there was a fifth page.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*ignoring everything*

I'm honestly amused the Drop Gauge's depletion time increased. Boss fights are fairly short (even annoying fights like Spellican's) and it never got in the way of exploring a world (not like there's anything to see. lol)

And from what we've seen of DDD HD, it doesn't look like running speed, area size and whatnot has been altered. (In which case, I would understand.)

I mean, I coooould see if you're chest hunting, but the Drop-Me-Nots exist for a reason.

As for Fragmentary Passage, when the game hits, will our dear overlords make a gallery for all the customizable items~?

Link NX

Well lets be real, the entire game is surrounded by sleep and realisticaly the characters DO go to sleep whether voluntarily or involuntarily. If u can't equip a few drop me nots or simply hit start and tap drop then you really don't have much business playing DDD. it would be better for you to watch KHInsider's video cutscenes to save your sanity.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I love the drop mechanic. Don't know how I'll feel about the increased base time though. It'll be interesting to see how it feels. It'd also be nice if maybe there was an option in the menu to switch between the two times.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
All of y'all need to chill. The mechanic exists. We all have to deal with it. Darkos has a right to dislike it and see it as unfair. Everybody else has the right to see it differently.

Agree to disagree.

If you do wish to continue this train of discussion, everybody needs to be able to respect the other side's opinion.

I for my part am totally chill.
Words I write in italics and/or bold are just for emphasis, not indicator of being upset or intentionally confrontative.

I can also get behind the issue of not liking the drop mechanic or finding it annoying pretty fine, just not the "unfair"-part and the demand to completely remove it.
I've also noticed that in the discussion there's also an almost complete focus on the perceived negatives of the mechanic only when there are certainly benefits and advantages from it too.

Do you even know how to discuss anything without resorting to insulting anyone who would disagree with you?We're all "lazy" now. Jesus.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know there was a fifth page.

Oh Jesus, do you know how to read in context and not correlate everything stated directly with yourself? Apparently not...
This entire answer of mine referred to Zul's general assessment of a behaviour in regards to more complex or "annoying" mechanics, I wasn't addressing anyone in particular from this community there in that paragraph, not to mention that it was all questions, not an assessment nor an assumption made, so don't try and construct a whole case of "personal insults" out of it.

Well lets be real, the entire game is surrounded by sleep and realisticaly the characters DO go to sleep whether voluntarily or involuntarily. If u can't equip a few drop me nots or simply hit start and tap drop then you really don't have much business playing DDD. it would be better for you to watch KHInsider's video cutscenes to save your sanity.

My opinion exactly as well.
If there would be fixed drop points throughout the entire run of the game people would likely complain about having no control at all. ;P

I love the drop mechanic. Don't know how I'll feel about the increased base time though. It'll be interesting to see how it feels. It'd also be nice if maybe there was an option in the menu to switch between the two times.

Giving options like this so far wasn't the series' strong point though, but I agree that it would be interesting to experiment a little with the "classic" Drop Gauge speed and the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back