• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drives training

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmaKey

Ho guys. Im struggling with leveling up my drives. Can u give me some suggestions world where i can train theme with more ease ( expecially Wisdom and the yellow one )?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Ho guys. Im struggling with leveling up my drives. Can u give me some suggestions world where i can train theme with more ease ( expecially Wisdom and the yellow one )?

Where exactly are you in the game? What level are currently your forms on?

Anagram

Banned
Valor Form- pretty much any where. It levels as you use and attack.

Wisdom- I trained wisdom hollow bastion (cave of remembrance if it's unlocked). Preferably a place with lots of heartless cause that is what levels your wisdom form.

Master- Land of Dragons. Go to the village and just run in the cave destroying the carts to get drive orbs. The drive orbs level master form and there is a save point near by so you can use it to go back to the world map before your drive gauge expires which refills it when you land back in Land of Dragons. It also helps to have the sweet memory keyblade and its drive converter ability.

Limit- it levels as you use the limits. Just find a place with heartless and save point near by and your set. I level this one out side merlons house.

Final- the mansion in Twilight Town. It has a near by save point in namines room and nobodies around every corner. Nobodies level the final form and equipping Oathkeeper as the second keyblade helps curb final forms fast drain. Later I work my way to The World That Never Was when the final forms gauge goes up to about five or six.

On a side note. The World That Never Was is a good place to grind Soras base level. Just start at the first save point and figt up to the last.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I found space paranoids to be great for leveling those two up. Of course I'm at level 75. But reflect is very useful and just about all the heartless drop drive orbs for master form. A complete run through of the level with wisdom form gives you quite a few heartless and if you get on the solar sailor while in a drive form, it refills your drive gauges. I found it perfect

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
First tip is that you can leave a world while in a Drive Form and restore your Drive bar. It is always a good idea to stay near a save spot in order to utilize this tactic when your Drive Forms are low leveled.

Valor: I maxed it out in TWTNW because of how many hits could be made on Nobodies, but really any area where enemies with high HP appear works really well. This is the easiest to level up.

Wisdom: I've always found this to be the hardest form to level up. Best place is Timeless River in Mickey's House. Set Goofy to Sora Attack so he doesn't take any kills of yours. Enter the house through the last window on the right, use Magnet/ra/ga and attack (repeat when necessary) and when your Drive hits 1, run out the room and go through the door back to the castle. Wash rinse repeat. When Wisdom's level gets higher, this is when I suggest going to the Wharf and attacking those enemies, then going through one of the windows (if you want you can kill the enemies) then going back into Mickey's House until your Drive runs low and you need to exit back out.

Master: You can grind in the Land of Dragons. Start in the encampment, kill the Heartless there to get orbs, then go to the checkpoint where there are those carts with orbs. Destroy them, fight the Heartless, hurry back to the save point and do it all over again. You can also use the ability "Drive Converter" to convert Munny into Drive orbs and go to Beast's Castle. That was where I maxed out Master.

Limit: Best leveled up during the 1000 Heartless battle apparently. You have to use a Limit successfully to level it up. L1+O (Sonic Blade) uses the least amount of MP. You will typically use 2 Limits per full MP bar, but if your MP bar is at 120+, you can do 3 or 4 I believe. I leveled it up in Agrabah in the Treasure Room where you can attack the Mushroom. Have some Ethers on, or you can leave the room and use the save (if your Drive is running low, just exit). Another place I've seen recommended is the Cavern of Remembrance but I don't recommend it if you aren't used to the enemies there.

Final: Just kill the hell out of Nobodies. TWTNW post game Naught's Skyway...or between the Proof of Existence and Altar of Naught is a good place because Altar of Naught will restore your Drive form. You'll still have to leave the world for enemies to respawn, or go 3 rooms over if you aren't lazy like me.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Also for Master there is another method(which I read somewhere): Cavern of Remambrance. Go to the cavern, and avoid all the fights in the first room. There is a white door, trough that door, enter to an another room. In this room you see two orbs/balls floating. Turn in to Master and smash those orbs. You notice that they drop drive orbs. When the balls run out of drive orbs, exit the room where you came from, and let the enemies there kill you. Don`t turn off from you drive. When you die you spawn next to the door leading to the two Drive orb ball room, while being in Master Form. Go back there, and the balls give you drive orbs again. Just repeat this and boom, Maters lv increases.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Final Form - Twilight Town and the World That Never Was

Master Form - Land of Dragons: Land in the throne room and go into the antechamber. Activate Master right when the Assault Riders show up. Spam thunder until you run out (this should allow you to kill the first 3), use regular attacks until your MP recharges, and then spam thunder again. Once all 7 are dead, quickly run back to the save point in the throne room, leave the world, come back, and repeat. Leaving the world while in a drive form returns the drive gauge to whatever your highest level is when you land. This little gauntlet will net you 42 EXP points every time you go through.

Wisdom Form - Timeless River. The heartless are easier to kill there, so you'll level up quicker. Do the enter/leave a world trick with the Door to Disney Castle to keep your drive gauge up.

Valor Form - Anywhere, but worlds like Twilight Town, Timeless River, and The World That Never Was are recommended because the heartless in Timeless River and most of the Nobodies (except for the ones that have immunity-granting attacks like Berserkers and Dancers) don't block as often.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I did my master form training in Christmas town right in front of Santa's house which was fine for me. Final Form just went through the whole castle in TWTNW since it serves the dual purpose of leveling up Sora as well. Wisdom was tricky since there isn't an obvious place but I just did it in hollow bastion.

EmaKey

Thank you all. You saved me from a bad stall point. If u want to know, im leveling up them because of the cavern of remembrace, right no i have : high jump lvl2 , glide lvl 2 , the dash lvl 2 and air dodge lvl 3. Im struggling cause i did never use any drive during the game so in starring right Now ^^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you all. You saved me from a bad stall point. If u want to know, im leveling up them because of the cavern of remembrace, right no i have : high jump lvl2 , glide lvl 2 , the dash lvl 2 and air dodge lvl 3. Im struggling cause i did never use any drive during the game so in starring right Now ^^

Haha, I know how that is. When I finished I only had Valor at max level so I spent an hour or two leveling them all up. It is actually a lot easier to level most of the Drive Forms up post-game, anyways, so you certainly didn't make a bad decision.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Valor Form: Mushroom 5, remove all combos and add form boost. That helps.

Wisdom Form: Try your first visit of TWTNW or Timeless River from Mickey's House. While on form, just leave out the door to fully charge the gauge and re-enter Mickey's house.

Master Form: Just get the orbs from the Cavern of Remembrance,

Limit Form: Go to Timeless River and use Sonic Blade against the heartless from the garage area. Whenever you're out of MP just heal yourself from the save point quickly. Once again, you can leave the door again to restore the gauge.

Final Form: Nobodies from TWTNW; between the Proof of Existence and Altar of Naught.

Summons: Just use Genie against the heartless from the Underworld. And to restore the gauges again, just go on the Cerberus Cup and quit.

LedxirnSimon

Valor Form: Mushroom 5, remove all combos and add form boost. That helps.

Wisdom Form: Try your first visit of TWTNW or Timeless River from Mickey's House. While on form, just leave out the door to fully charge the gauge and re-enter Mickey's house.

Master Form: Just get the orbs from the Cavern of Remembrance,

Limit Form: Go to Timeless River and use Sonic Blade against the heartless from the garage area. Whenever you're out of MP just heal yourself from the save point quickly. Once again, you can leave the door again to restore the gauge.

Final Form: Nobodies from TWTNW; between the Proof of Existence and Altar of Naught.

Summons: Just use Genie against the heartless from the Underworld. And to restore the gauges again, just go on the Cerberus Cup and quit.

Using limit attacks on mushroom #5 works too. :p

Anagram

Banned

You don't even really need to do that really. Summons level up as the drive gauge decreases so you can literally level it standing still. (but who would right? lol)
When I level summons I do so while hunting materials too. Two birds one stone.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
You don't even really need to do that really. Summons level up as the drive gauge decreases so you can literally level it standing still. (but who would right? lol)
When I level summons I do so while hunting materials too. Two birds one stone.

Really? I never knew how it worked. You mean the Form Gauge though? I noticed with Genie every time the points decreased 3 to 6; my memory is a little vague about that. It was good though.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
You really didn`t level up your Drive much? Interesting. I though leveling up drive forms was one the most addicting things to do in KH2FM. All the excitement on what new abilities you might learn with new levels. Also I just loving using them and bringing havoc upon my enemies. :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Really? I never knew how it worked. You mean the Form Gauge though? I noticed with Genie every time the points decreased 3 to 6; my memory is a little vague about that. It was good though.

That's because using Limits with Summons "cost" Gauges instead of MP so using limits will deplete the time the summon is with you faster.

A neat little trick for leveling summons is to wait until a level of the Gauge is just about to run out and then find a batch of enemies.
Let the Gauge go down one level (to aquire 1 EXP), then unleash hell on the enemies around to boost it back over the threshold (each hit increases the Friend Gauge a bit).
Letting it go down a level again gives another EXP.
By repeating this pattern you can level summons pretty easily earning tons of EXP.
The only difficulty is to find enough enemies to continue this pattern at a steady rate (and nope, frontal hits against the belly of a Large Body or Fat Bandit don't count, the hit needs to connect).

As for Training the Drive Forms, most of the effective spots have already been stated.

Mushroom 5 at Agrabah Treasure Room for Valor Form (and arguably Limit Form as well), Timeless River for Wisdom Form and TWTNW for Final Form (although Yen Sid's Tower or the Old Mansion in Twilight Town can also be alternatives).

Master Form I'd say however the most effective method is Land of Dragons not because of the carts but because of the plenty enemies that drop Drive Orbs.
If you start at the Throne Room at the Imperial Palace, you get 7 Assault Riders to defeat, then you can go outside (rush past the Mushroom) and defeat all the Nightwalkers and Bolt Towers at the Imperial Square. All of those drop Drive Orbs and if you equip Oathkeeper and Follow the Wind you'll have no issues collecting all those on the spot.
Adding Drive Converter and Jackpot abilities should make this even more of a cake walk without even needing to set a foot in the Cavern at Radiant Garden.

Oathkeeper is the Keyblade you should equip for any Drive form training anyways as it extends the time you can remain in a form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back