• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drive Forms vs Summons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dou you prefer Summons or Drive forms?

• Drive forms

Votes: 35 97.2%
  • Summons

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilman

I used Drive Forms more in the first place but in the end I used more summons. :D

Prajna

i really think the only summon that is worth to be used is tinker bell :\

Maleficent's dragon form was a pain in the ass otherwise. I'd always summon her at the beginning of that battle and when my hp was dangerously low I'd just hide behind the deepest part of the giant thorn branches and repeat until she was dead. Almost felt like I cheated.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i really think the only summon that is worth to be used is tinker bell :\

Pretty much really. Her Regen and Auto-Raise (previously named Auto-Life) abilities are much more useful than the other summons have.

Doctor Who?

I prefer Drive Forms for the most part, although I don't really like Wisdom Form. There were a few good summons though.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
The only time I ever used summons was to see what they looked like.

Though I did have fun with Genie in KH2... :3

Nov

Awards
The only time I ever used summons was to see what they looked like.
This pretty much. To be honest, I can't even remember the summon characters. I haven't ever played KH in proud mode, so I don't know if summons are more useful then.
So to answer the question, I prefer using drive forms but I didn't really use them in boss battles either. They were kind of risky to use (because of the anti-form). Besides, you can manage a boss battle just fine without using any gimmicks. I, too, used them mostly for their growth abilities.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
This pretty much. To be honest, I can't even remember the summon characters. I haven't ever played KH in proud mode, so I don't know if summons are more useful then.
So to answer the question, I prefer using drive forms but I didn't really use them in boss battles either. They were kind of risky to use (because of the anti-form). Besides, you can manage a boss battle just fine without using any gimmicks. I, too, used them mostly for their growth abilities.

I beat KH2 in Proud Mode (which, from what I hear, isn't much of an accomplishment), and I didn't need the summons in that.

Though I do remember on my original playthrough beating the Grim Reaper with Anti-Form. :3

Nov

Awards
I beat KH2 in Proud Mode (which, from what I hear, isn't much of an accomplishment), and I didn't need the summons in that.

Though I do remember on my original playthrough beating the Grim Reaper with Anti-Form. :3
Yeah, I've beaten KHII in Proud Mode as well, but not the first one what I actually meant (worded myself badly~). I find the standard mode to be a challenge already. :|

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Ah, well Drive Forms aren't really relevant to the first game due to their nonexistence (which somehow is even more nonexistent than Nobodies, and one of those made it in FM) so you can see my confusion. :p

Although once I get my PS2 able to play KH2FM, Imma doin' that on Critical.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I preferred neither. I thought both have no place in the game. Drive Forms were overpowered and at times, you were forced to use them to gain their abilities for normal practical uses (learning to get a higher jump or a fucking dash? Seriously). Even the anti-form wasn't enough of a detterent to responsibly use the drive forms, as even THAT form still make you more of a threat because of the game's lousy difficulty.

Summons on the other hand, gave you little incentive to use them. Outside of Tinkerbell, the rest were useless because their attacks aren't worth the waste of MP and sacrifices of your allies. It's one of those cases where outside of the battles, they aren't used for much else. In fact, the abilities you should HAVE as standard or as an ability you learn on the quest, instead become an ability you have to learn through drive forms. You know, jump and glide, which can be used as PLATFORMING PROGRESSION. So I'm more bitter towards Drive Forms because you can't expect the player to have these abilities by a certain point in the game which calls for these abilities. So the structure of the game suffered.

tl;dr:

Drive Forms and Summon sucks.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Drive Forms were badly broken what makes it worse for KH2 is you don't need them to complete the game the regular form is just as bad once you gain many abilities.

Still my vote is neither are good at this moment, but off the poll I choose summons.

Crystal

Silver Member
Drive forms seem to be useful for me especially for those Org XIII's data battles.
Honestly,I don't even use summons before..xD

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Never used a summon once, and it felt cool to be an inpenatrable badass in final form
Drive forms: 1 summons: 0

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com
I never use Summons in an actual fight, as I found them to be a waste of my time and Drive Gauge.

As for Drive Forms, I rarely used them in battle because if you used the wrong one, you pretty much killed yourself. If I used Valor or Wisdom Form against Xaldin, for example, I'd be dead in a heartbeat. And if you do choose the right one, then it makes the fight too simple for that duration of time. I mostly used Drive Forms just to have fun against normal enemies. Final Form makes for easy item drops, especially against Nobodies.

But as for whether Drive Forms should have been the way to get simple things like High Jump or Glide, I'd have to say no. A way to power them up, yes, but just to obtain them, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back