• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dreams General

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruko

I created this because I did not see a general topic on it.

Dream
1. A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.
2. A daydream; a reverie.
3. A state of abstraction; a trance.
4. A wild fancy or hope.

Dreams have always fasinated people. There is still on going research to fully understand dreams the way they work and why we have them, yet no one has found a clear answer. There have been many interesting theories on dreams that have been developed. Even the greek had one they believed that they were divine messages from their gods. In the middle ages dreams were seen as evil messages from the underworld.
Another thing that is interesting is that some people believe that your soul is leaving your body when you have dreams in vivd colors.

Sadly most of the popular ideas about dreams have nothing to do with science.

This thread was not created only for what I wrote about , example: perhaps a dream was annoying you , and you wanted to know what other people interpret it as.
Its dreams in general.

Riku Unknown

Whenever I dream I dream about something you'd expect in a roleplaying game like my last dream i was in a town on fire and there were all these monsters surrounding me but no matter how hard I fought I couldnt win and the demons slaughtered me does this have some meaning I should be wary of and why am I always dreaming of adventure?

Haruko

Very interesting with that you have to take things you did the day of or day leading up to the dream. Two things that could think of could be the possiblity of the occuring dream.
1. Were playing a roleplaying game the day you had the dream or something? If you get really wrapped into something and feel strongly about it then you will dream about it in someway. You could have felt so strongly that your mind fixed itself on it.

2. Maybe you are at a state were you feel like you should be on a certain path, but many things are bringing you down such as people.

Riku Unknown

well I have an intricate imagination thats very active and my imagination does get its roots from fantasy novels and rpg and I can be very incessant when it comes to role play

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
When I go to bed with a strong emotion say, anger, ill usally have violent dreams. Its kind of a release for me really. Theres also this thing ive been going crazy about. Ok say I have a dream, suddenly ill become aware that I am dreaming, but I stay a sleep and im able to do whatever I want in that dream. Would that go from dreaming, into more of a meditating star or something like that? Its cool actually.

Haruko

What you are experiencing is called a lucid dream. Which I find it the most interesting of dreams . It is a bit like a meditation state, but you are still asleep, your brain is almost like it is when you are awake during lucid dreams.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Haruko said:
What you are experiencing is called a lucid dream. Which I find it the most interesting of dreams . It is a bit like a meditation state, but you are still asleep, your brain is almost like it is when you are awake during lucid dreams.

Is thats what they are called? Well, I have been trying to perform these Lucid Dream, something deeper than meditation because these are more clear, and it distractions are decreased.

Haruko

Yes, because you imprinted that thought before you went to sleep. Some people practice dreaming about certain things,others practice lucid dreaming, and some people practice remembering a dream. You have a dream every single night , sometimes people think they do not have dreams, but thats only because they forgot it.Some people believe that you forget certain dreams because it reveals things about your inner self that you are not allowed/ready to see. If you beleve in past lives and stuff some think it shows a piece of it,or something that will happen in the future.

You know how sometimes when you are sleeping you can hear things around, well this not what is strange because there was no sound around me when this happened. I know because everyone was asleep and when I woke up it there was silence.

There is something weird I do in my dreams. . When I dream there is music, it always sounds like a piece with a piano. The thing is that it does not sound like nonsense it actually has a beat to it. The music always goes with what I am dreaming about too. Honestly I don't know if this is common.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Sigmund Freud believed that the dream was the golden road to the subconscious, a direct depiction of your innermost thoughts. However, this is not the case. With his logic, those sex dreams that adolescents have would be horrifying signs. Dreams are not a direct depiction of your thoughts, but an expression of those thoughts.

Dreams are thought to be your mind organizing the thoughts you had during they day. Your dreams are dependent on your experiences of the day. The reason why you see such bizarre things in your dreams is because they are your mind's way of expressing the way those thoughts made you feel. Sex dreams are often indicators of some sort of close relationship or holding someone in high regards. American society largely views sex as something special shared between two people. It's not about sexual attraction, it's about the feelings that the act brings.

What happens in your dreams is selected because of the feelings that act brings. Your subconscious matches what you experienced during the day with an act or event that stirs the same feelings and emotions. That's how your brain categorizes such thoughts.

Last edited:

getblazedordie

things that u see in a dream usually are a message, for example, if u see a dog in your dream, that means u have or will have a good friend u can rely on, if u see a snake that means u have a really bad enemy or a backstabber, if you see fish means u going to get money or something of value to u, if u see dirty water especially with branches and grass coming out it means something very bad will happen to u or someone u care for, clear watr usually means good luck, a bridge means u will start something of a new wway of living. thats all i can remember for now

HeartofTwilight

For a resent school paper, i had to anylze the archatyple hero's journey, an idea of Joseph Campbell of the Jungian school of thought which coestisted with Frueds. Carl Jung belived in a colective subconius. His idea was that dreams played withyour memory around Archytyple stories and charecters.

JesseFan

I know this is going to sound wierd but I have been having some wierd dreams lately. I like one of my dreams was when I was with my Spanish teacher and we were walking around this abandon battle field. What made it really wierd was that we both were wareing Organization XIII outfits. When I wake up from a dream shortly after I get this pain in the back of my head. It's hard to explain, it feels like someone is trying to drill a hole in one spot on my head and the pain feels like it lasts forever. Can any one help me figure out why I get this pain after having these dreams? :(

XxXHeartlessXxX

I have wierd dreams...i fall in a lot of my dreams and sometimes i have dreams from when i was a little girl...kinda like all my hidden fears appear in my dreams
pretty scary...because my past isnt all that great so i wake up crying feeling bad for this little girl and the little girl is me

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
getblazedordie said:
things that u see in a dream usually are a message, for example, if u see a dog in your dream, that means u have or will have a good friend u can rely on, if u see a snake that means u have a really bad enemy or a backstabber, if you see fish means u going to get money or something of value to u, if u see dirty water especially with branches and grass coming out it means something very bad will happen to u or someone u care for, clear watr usually means good luck, a bridge means u will start something of a new wway of living. thats all i can remember for now

Wow...that's precisely what I stated, yet I expressed it with some tact and puncuation.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
Premonition dreams are believed to be caused because the unconcious mind puts together information faster than the concious mind. Dreams are believed to be controlled by your unconcious mind. That is why we see the things we want most in them a lot of the time. There's not a lot of hard scientific proof behind this though.

Tips for those who want to know more about their dreams:
If you want, go to a library or book store, pick up a dream book, and analyze your dream yourself. There's also a few websites that can help you do it for free. This may help you to better understand your life.

I've had many odd dreams. I've had more premonition dreams than anyone I know. My premonition dreams range from detailed signs to the actual event happening in a dream. One such detailed sign was I met three people who have become very important in my life when I moved to my current town. I had a dream where I walked from a beautiful paradise(Hawaii where I was living) into a dark hallway(the trip to where I live now) and arrived in a room that was a mix of the hallway and the paradise(where I live now). In this new room behind a veil, stood the figures of the people I have come to know as the biggest non-family influences in my life. I only recently discovered the entire meaning of this dream. A dream of an actual event occurred this year at the beginning. I dreamt of getting my first detention. Explaining the dream would just be telling you exactly what happened. I get these kind of dreams a lot. I've not had ones I remember in about a month though which is a long time for me. I used to have one at least once a week. Those dreams are crazy, and I'd really like to know why I get them. The only explanation is the unconcious mind junk.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Sora_HeroOfLight said:
I've had many odd dreams. I've had more premonition dreams than anyone I know.

"Premonition" dreams are pure garbage. There is no way to have visions of the future in your dreams. The dreams you have are based off of the thoughts in your subconciousness. Those visions of some tragic event in the future are just products of your lingering fears.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
Square Ninja said:
"Premonition" dreams are pure garbage. There is no way to have visions of the future in your dreams. The dreams you have are based off of the thoughts in your subconciousness. Those visions of some tragic event in the future are just products of your lingering fears.

Don't doubt just because you've never had one. I'm being completely serious. I'm not BSing in anyway. I've had events happen and then be like, "WTF? Didn't this already happen? OH! That dream!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition.

Read that. It might help you out a little. There have been cases of people saying that they've had dreams of future events. Do you think Honest Abe would lie? Look it up on the internet. This is supported by people other than just me. Don't dismiss things so easily.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
Ah, all this talk about what dreams are and how they come to be is well and good, but what I want to know is why most people remember so few of them.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
billabong13 said:
Ah, all this talk about what dreams are and how they come to be is well and good, but what I want to know is why most people remember so few of them.

Well, dreams do take place on a subconscious level.

I wasn't "knocking" premonitions, because I've never had one. I knocked them because the very idea is completely ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back