• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dreamcast (ah the memories)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

This is the offical thread to talk about all things dreamcast i.e. what are your favorite games why do u think it died to the ps2 do u even still own a dreamcast etc.

wii.red24

@ nevermore yeah i agree they were pretty efortless in some areas of the makerting efforts but it had alot of great games like marvel vs capcom 2 and soul calibur

BladesofJustice

Sonic Adventure, Jet Set Radio, King of Fighters, Legacy of Kain, Rayman, and Soul Calibur. That system provided alot of good games. I used to sneak and play my brother's when he wasn't home.

Not sure exactly why PS2 kicked its butt in the long run but I just remember the PS2 coming out and and maintaining a much more vast video game library. More selection equaled more customers....

wii.red24

@ noheartx lol actually im playing sonic adventure right now anyways id have to say my favorite dreamcast games would be sonic adventure, shenmue, crazi taxi, soul calibiur, skies of acradia

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
That's the thing, the Dreamcast didn't begin to gain its "popularity" until it was already circling the drain. Sure, there were people who bought it and loved it, but that doesn't make it any less of a mystery to everyone else. Heck, I'm sure a lot of the people who talk about the Dreamcast now didn't even have on when it was in production. It's like an artist who doesn't get popular until after he dies, at which point he finally becomes a cult classic.

Plus, the PS2's had developed a huge install base with the Playstation, whereas the Sega Saturn turned into the runt by the end of that console generation. It isn't a huge wonder as to why Sony swept Sega away.

Able_Beard

Banned
Imagine where we'd be if Dreamcast was huge! We'd have a newer Dreamcast competing with the 360. Maybe Sonic would be a better game. Maybe we'd have Super Sega bros, rather then Sega Tennis All Stars and whatever game I missed that they made.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I'm pretty sure I'm an outcast here.

I never had a Dreamcast. But I do hear it had some downright awesome games.

Gram

Banned
Awards
ah the dreamcast....i miss you buddy! T^T

sadly at the all i managed to get was sonic adventure 1&2 which were awesome i had never owned a sonic game of my own til then *and i love the classic games*

^ ^ all the hours of life i wasted on just those to games then~

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
it couldn't really compete with the other consoles of the sixth gen anyways

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
**Opens up closet and looks at Dreamcast....** Man we had some good times diddnt we =)
**Slowly closes closet** while softly saying, "Requiescat in pace"

Why did it die?

Because Sega was like:

"Marketing? Who needs marketing?"
^^This^^
and Piracy ultimately killed the Dreamcast. ( it was easy as hell to make bootleg games, probably
had alot to do with the windows based OS. )

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Imagine where we'd be if Dreamcast was huge! We'd have a newer Dreamcast competing with the 360. Maybe Sonic would be a better game. Maybe we'd have Super Sega bros, rather then Sega Tennis All Stars and whatever game I missed that they made.

Haha, Sonic is a great game dude.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
My bro still has his dreamcast, but I play it more than he does. I used to love playing Jet Grind Radio on it, even though I was no good at it.

I also tried to play this game called Evolution on it, but it was almost impossible for me. I got frustrated and quit on it after a while...

My favorite game was Grandia II. It wasn't too hard to beat, but it was really fun and I thought it had a pretty good story.

@ noheartx lol actually im playing sonic adventure right now anyways id have to say my favorite dreamcast games would be sonic adventure, shenmue, crazi taxi, soul calibiur, skies of acradia

My bro loved skies of arcadia. He wants me to play it when I get the chance. And I started Shenmue....but I don't know why I never finished.....

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Never owned one because the only games I ever really liked on it were Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, and this one Kung-Fu game that was funny as hell (can't remember the name, grrr), and as I could just walk across the street to play my best friends every day, there was no need to buy one. Got the Gamecube (and a PS2 years later) instead.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
i've been trying to remember a name of a game for the last couple of days that i enjoyed so much on the dreamcast in the past.it's about you playing with jungle creatures(i don't know what to call them) on islands and you fight till everybody gets eliminated.it was a pretty rad game.
if anyone knows it by that lousy description,please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back