• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Eaters will have the same fate as the Unversed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
People prepare to get upset again. Nomura is obviously creating another enemy to confuse us then scrape them before the next game ala Unversed. Sora and Riku will only visit the RoS once and that's in this game. After DDD RoS won't be explored again (mentioned but not explored). This odd looking things which are either a hit or miss in looks (cute or ugly) will appear to be a nuisance, then disappear after the final boss of this game. We have to tell Nomura to stop making new enemies that will jumble up the story and then never see the light of day again.

Box_ghost

I think the Unversed will return for a short bit. The way it happens, Vanitas has a chance to return.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
People prepare to get upset again. Nomura is obviously creating another enemy to confuse us then scrape them before the next game ala Unversed. Sora and Riku will only visit the RoS once and that's in this game. After DDD RoS won't be explored again (mentioned but not explored). This odd looking things which are either a hit or miss in looks (cute or ugly) will appear to be a nuisance, then disappear after the final boss of this game. We have to tell Nomura to stop making new enemies that will jumble up the story and then never see the light of day again.

Ugh, I hope not, but I know this will happen. We probably won't see a lot of these elements again, but I have a feeling we may return perhaps in the next saga. After all, the Dream Realm seems to be just as important as the RoD & the RoL.

I think the Unversed will return for a short bit. The way it happens, Vanitas has a chance to return.

I'm certain we'll see Unversed at least one more time. Vanitas' story definitely is not over yet. After all, we haven't saved Ven yet.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Other way around - Vanitas' existence led to the Unversed.
I think it would be interesting to see a being who is composed of a nobody, heartless, and unversed.
Except that makes on sense. A Heartless and Nobody together would pretty much be a full person, and the Unversed are physical manifestations of negative emotions, and don't have a Heart, Body or Soul.

billyzanesucks

Other way around - Vanitas' existence led to the Unversed.Except that makes on sense. A Heartless and Nobody together would pretty much be a full person, and the Unversed are physical manifestations of negative emotions, and don't have a Heart, Body or Soul.
I doubt Unversed would get involved, but I can see a Heartless-Nobody combination. A heartless is a physical manifestation of darkness, and the heart won't exactly combine with them unless it has the will to fight back. A combination would be a dark humanoid beast capable of coherent thought.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Or a new enemy has a heart of pure darkness and the unversed follow him.

well i miss the little shadows and the fact that dream eater are animal monsster isnt very creative and the hybrid one make me think of avatar

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I was glad to see new enemies in Birth By Sleep and I'm glad to see even more new enemies in Dream Drop Distance. It really doesn't matter if we don't see them again. I would also like to see Nobodies again. They weren't very abundant in 358/2. I think it would be very interesting to see an enemy that is pure light. It would be a nice way to conflict the idea that light is always good and darkness is always bad.

Lonbilly

Awards
I was glad to see new enemies in Birth By Sleep and I'm glad to see even more new enemies in Dream Drop Distance. It really doesn't matter if we don't see them again. I would also like to see Nobodies again. They weren't very abundant in 358/2. I think it would be very interesting to see an enemy that is pure light. It would be a nice way to conflict the idea that light is always good and darkness is always bad.

It would be the perfect way to commandeer Kairi into the plot. She's pure light (PoH), and needs some development, so if there were light-based enemies, I think eitehr she should be tied to them, with them, or even the cause for them.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I agree with this. And even if MX was using it as a manipulation tactic, it's very possible for one to fall to light as opposed to darkness. So something of the sort has already been mentioned. ^.^

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have a feeling that the Dream Eaters will be placed into reality, ala the worlds in the Realm of Sleep.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I, and probably many others, would've taken a guess that the Dream Eaters would only be in DDD.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Dream Eaters may only be able to exist in in a world that is asleep, or they just might not have a reason to go to a world that is awake since its well...awake. no dreams to eat

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It's true the Dream Eaters will probably only exist in the Realm of Sleep but that's not what bothers me. As long as the dream eaters have a good reason for existing then i'm fine.

I hate how the unversed came into existence, seriously one person can create all of those creatures? I would have rather the Blue KH had been an Artificial KH made up of the hearts of the Keyblade Wielders who died in the Keyblade War. MX finds this KH and messes with it causing the emotions and memories of the hearts trapped with in to seep out and empowered by the incredible strength of the blue KH these emotions and memories take on monster form becoming the Unversed.

Unversed could have been like remnants of the fallen Keyblade Wielders' hearts from the war, and since they are remnants they could originally have sought out the power of KH just like the Keyblade Wielders did in the war. So to further their goal they attempt to take on a physical form via possesing Ventus but Ventus fights back expelling the unversed from his body but they escape with a fraction of his heart. The unversed take on a single humanoid form around this fragment of Ven's heart and become Vanitas. Thus allowing Vanitas to send out the unversed that comprise him to other worlds 4 years later and yadayadayada.

Plus they could have added in when TAV encounter some unversed it would have shown small flashbacks of the keyblade war due to the unversed being comprised of memories from that war.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I doubt Unversed would get involved, but I can see a Heartless-Nobody combination. A heartless is a physical manifestation of darkness, and the heart won't exactly combine with them unless it has the will to fight back. A combination would be a dark humanoid beast capable of coherent thought.

I always thought such beings would appear in KHIII, with Xehanort being the most powerful one. After all, just because a defeated Heartless + a slain Nobody equals a whole person doesn't mean said being will come back completely "normal".

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
@Memory Master: I think Nomura is trying to focus on the different parts that make up a human. The heart, body, emotions, and now dreams (like the unconscious motives) are fit together as opposed to an enemy created only from certain people.

bas2804

I think it could go either way with the Dream Eaters. However as Sora (and Riku?) can safe the worlds who are still asleep in the Realm of Dreams, maybe the Dream Eaters who are still in that world also go to the real world? And I think the "pets" will probably also make more appearances than just this game.

Lonbilly

Awards
I think it could go either way with the Dream Eaters. However as Sora (and Riku?) can safe the worlds who are still asleep in the Realm of Dreams, maybe the Dream Eaters who are still in that world also go to the real world? And I think the "pets" will probably also make more appearances than just this game.

I'm hoping at least the pets come with Sora & Riku back. Hell, they'd be awesome to use in the Real World, even if people didn't want to.

Either that or for them to sacrifice themselves for Sora & Riku like Memory Master said in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back