• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distances' ending/ final bosses and why

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Nomura did say that 3D would have a shocking ending. One of my theories is that Yen Sid will be one of the final bosses. Why and how, you might ask. Throughout Sora and Riku's journey when they are traveing the world's, Yen Sid learns of Xehanort's ultimate plans, but finds a way to ultimatley defeat him that he has yet to tell to Sora and Riku. Xehanort (or one of his allies) takes control of the darkness in Yen Sid's heart, and makes him attack Sora and Riku. Naturally, Yen Sid goes the way Eraqus did 11 years before he did, and disappears. Xehanort then takes control of some ultimate power and the worlds fall into darkness. Sora and Riku are fatally injured, (and neither of them become masters) but decide to follow Xehanort to defeat him and save the worlds. (insert premis for kh3 here)

Naawwww Yen Sid is made of too much epicness to be made Xehanort's beyoch. Way I see it Kairi will be the final boss. Yes, I said it. Kairi. All these years she was training in secret and now she reavels her self to Sora and Riku. They both have to fight her at the same time to pass the MoM but Kairi pwns them both instead and she passes. Kairi then gets kidnapped.

Joking aside, the final boss might be Vanitas in Ven's body IMO.
Shock ending? He defeats Sora and takes Ven's heart back to create the X-Blade.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Naawwww Yen Sid is made of too much epicness to be made Xehanort's beyoch. Way I see it Kairi will be the final boss. Yes, I said it. Kairi. All these years she was training in secret and now she reavels her self to Sora and Riku. They both have to fight her at the same time to pass the MoM but Kairi pwns them both instead and she passes. Kairi then gets kidnapped.

Joking aside, the final boss might be Vanitas in Ven's body IMO.
Shock ending? He defeats Sora and takes Ven's heart back to create the X-Blade.

Knowing Nomura, such a crack theory can be possible.

The more I think about it the more and more I want and think vanitas will be are next ark villain xD

But then again, Vanitas is so badass that I wouldn't mind the next saga being "The Vanitas Saga".

Crystal

Silver Member
I dont think it will be that hard once obtaining full mastery of the keyblade, xehanort unlocked his own heart. I see know reason sora wouldn't be able to free ven's heart

Xehanort unlock his heart but his body and soul diappear. Then it will same goes to Sora?

Mickey or Yen Sid being final boss are just like Sora being the final boss lol

Yen Sid won't be a final boss. Mostly is Xehanort or someone related to Xehanort.

DanX

Someone's gonna say that I'm an idiot but I never knew where Yen Sid went for the rest of KH2 after you got your gowns and ship from him. So I was expecting him to be evil, and he kinda seemed evil but this is highly unlikely. Also I keep seeing people posting about having seen Nomura say Sora will fall and Riku rise in KH3D. So I'm kind of thinking even though this is a disney game and quite unlikely Sora will tap into the darkness inside of him at one stage in the game and Riku will have to help him. Maybe he will be influenced by someone?

Also wikipedia's never a trusted source but on the KH3D page there's this:

Tetsuya Nomura, the creator of the series, has also emphasized the mystery element of the story, vaguely stating that the game will "tear down past elements" and that players should expect the unexpected. He has confirmed that the theme of the game is trust.

o_O.

Last edited:

Enxash

Okay, here's my straight-out-of-my-ass theory..

So in 358/2 Days, we had Xion and Roxas fight each other near the end of the game, each of them believing their enemy to be a powerful Heartless (an Invisible, i believe?)

What if the final Boss Battle of 3D is similar to this, in that we have Sora and Riku pitted against each other, each believing the other to be somebody like Master Xehanort or some other evil being?

This could lead to the rise of either Riku or Sora over the other (I'd personally prefer Riku).

Last edited:

Sunshine

Website
www.youtube.com
This is Sora's story.

Hmm. Vanitas would probably be a boss. Or have Kairi turn into a evil jerk and have Sora and Riku defeat/kill her.

Raaah.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Someone's gonna say that I'm an idiot but I never knew where Yen Sid went for the rest of KH2 after you got your gowns and ship from him. So I was expecting him to be evil, and he kinda seemed evil but this is highly unlikely. Also I keep seeing people posting about having seen Nomura say Sora will fall and Riku rise in KH3D. So I'm kind of thinking even though this is a disney game and quite unlikely Sora will tap into the darkness inside of him at one stage in the game and Riku will have to help him. Maybe he will be influenced by someone?

Also wikipedia's never a trusted source but on the KH3D page there's this:

Tetsuya Nomura, the creator of the series, has also emphasized the mystery element of the story, vaguely stating that the game will "tear down past elements" and that players should expect the unexpected. He has confirmed that the theme of the game is trust.

o_O.

Okay, first of all. Nomura never said Sora would fail his Mark of Mastery Exam. People misunderstood cause Nomura said that KH3D would have unexpected things that would incoporate the 3D technology of the 3DS such as Sora Falling. Nomura never once said anything about either Sora or Riku passing or failing.

Second of all Yes, Nomura did say KH3D would tear down past walls and we should expect the unexpect, as well he said that the theme of the game is "Trust"
-----------------------------

Personally I don't think Sora vs Riku will be the final battle. I think more likely we'll get a battle with some revived organization members like Briag or Isa, but more likely it will be something like this:

1. Riku's Final Boss = Xehanort's Heartless
2. Sora's Final Boss = Xemnas
3. Sora and Riku team up to face the true Final Boss = Xehanort restored to his complete form (The player can switch control between Sora and Riku and will at some points have to control a certain character with the end of the battle having them both be controlled by the player to pull off a finishing move)

And then Xehanort will escape some how and then we get into the whole KH3 stuff.

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Well the theme of this game is trust, so maybe the final boss could be something connected to that depending on what the use of trust will be in this game. Maybe if for example the use of trust is Sora and Riku trusting in themselves then maybe the final boss could be something based on their weaknesses.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Has everyone forgotten about our old friend the Mysterious Figure? Maybe he'll be the final boss, and have his true identity revealed!

Aside from that, Vanitas as a boss again would be cool, but I see him as more of a Close to the End boss for Sora (Have Sora "face his own darkness". Probably in the world before the last one), not really the Final one. As we all seem to expect, some incarnation of Xehanort will be the Final Boss (Xemnas for Sora, and Ansem the Dark for Riku).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This is Sora's story.

Hmm. Vanitas would probably be a boss. Or have Kairi turn into a evil jerk and have Sora and Riku defeat/kill her.

Raaah.

Seriously, check my Signature. Only JesuSora could grant this wish.

BladeofHearts18

No. That can't be it. Doesn't fit right. Yen Sid wouldn't succumb to Darkness like that. He understands the balance of both more than most in this series.

I expect the final boss to be something bigger than Yen Sid. Yen Sid isn't close to Sora or Riku, so the emotional impact isn't that big. I rather believe it could be somebody like...Riku or Sora we'll be fighting in the end.

You're most likely correct. Sora and Riku will fight each other, just like Aqua and Terra fought each other during their Mark of Mastery Examinations. That would be pretty cool. But i think that in KH:3D, Nomura will show us what Xehanort is planning, while Riku and Sora take their MoMs. It seems a bit logical for him to do that. They can't just leave out Xehanort altogether. I know that Xemnas and ASoD will fight Riku and Sora during their exams (in their dreams/memories perhaps), but that doesn't seem like enough of Xehanort to put into the game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Does it necessarily have to be a bad kind of shocking? Maybe it'll be more like a pleasant surprise, like Sora making Donald & Goofy his apprentices or something.

Come to think of it, we haven't really discussed the prospect of Sora & Riku taking on apprentices after this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back