• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

K3ybladespartan

Has anyone come up with any theories as to what exactly is signifigance of the 3D's are? I'll share my thoughts on it.

Dream: I think it has to do with Sora and Riku going to sleep and Sora trying to get the Data in his heart, while Riku could be trying to find the hidden part of Terra in him.

Drop: NO idea at all, but from the trailer I could guess it could be drop into another part of the memories in the drem maybe? idk...

Distance: This also I'm iffy on. If I had to say something though I'd say it would be the distance in how Sora and Riku's ventures would be different.

yeah that's my 2 cents on it what are your thoughts?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would assume they all three describe the way how to "get" into one's heart willingly to reach the data and those who have no physical existence at the moment (which is nearly everyone except Aqua, lol).

Dream would be the overall setting, the where, as in all previous games the "dive to the heart" with the glass platforms which is implied to be inside the heart and to be reachable by something akin to a dream.

As those have also consequences on the "waking world", one might decribe it as another "layer/level" of existence independent from the physical world.
This would explain somehow why Ansem SoD and Xemnas can show up and it describes pretty much the current status of Naminé, Xion and Roxas, as they all only exist on "this" layer/level and not in the actual world anymore.

This leads us to the second part.

Drop would be the actual way to reach this layer/level of reality, the how. Figuratively that one's mind/spirit has to "drop" out of the physical world completely to fully enter the dream/heart layer/level.
Could actually be seen similar to a journey to the "spirit" world as shamans in "real life" supposedly can do.

The distance would then most likely refer to how deep one goes into the heart, as some beings/things/memories may be stored/situated more in the upper layers, taking Sora as example his memories of KH2, possibly Roxas and maybe Ansem's data might be in the upper layers, while the forgotten memories of castle oblivion, the memories of meeting Aqua when he was four years old, Xion and maybe also Ven's injured heart might be located way deeper in the heart.

One might also try to explain that with the concept of "dream-levels" like in the movie Inception, lol.

noheartx

I agree with the theory that Drop means the switching of characters. As we know, Sora and Riku are the protagonists in this game, and the literal definition of what I've heard is "drop what you are doing" and then switch characters. There's also the new drop gauge, which could add to that theory.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I agree with the theory that Drop means the switching of characters. As we know, Sora and Riku are the protagonists in this game, and the literal definition of what I've heard is "drop what you are doing" and then switch characters. There's also the new drop gauge, which could add to that theory.

maybe the drop gauge determines when you switch characters... and if you keep it up you stay the same character, whereas if it drops all the way you switch

Awards
The image associated with the name is "the distance you fall in your dreams" (presumably as in how deeply you fall into your dreams).

Together, the three words have a number of meanings, Nomura told the magazine. On their own, "Drop" in particular has something to do with the gameplay.

You'll apparently be switching off between them against your will. You'll be switching off between Sora and Riku as you play. However, Nomura revealed to Famitsu that the switching will be forced upon the player as they play. When walking through town and even in battle, you'll suddenly be switched to the other character.

Nomura noted that in most games, character changes take place at key points in the story. But here, the changes will have nothing to do with your progress through the story.

The Premier trailer showed a mysterious new gauge called the "Drop Gauge." Famitsu asked if the character changes will have something to do with this. There are actually a number of secrets to the gauge, said Nomura. Regarding character changes, he said that it will be easiest to understand if you think that there's something like a countdown event always taking place.

So, yeah, pretty much everything that's already been said.

Dream = The setting, a realm of Dreams. Not sure on the circumstances, but one could imagine it has something to do with diving into Sora's heart to find and/or extract AtW's data.

Drop = The gameplay mechanic which switches between playing as Sora and Riku. Considering it has a gauge, I'm sure there are ways to influence it. As the name would suggest, dropping off of high places (like the bell tower in Notre Dame) will probably affect it.

Distance = "the distance you fall in your dreams." I think many of us cannot help but think of Inception here, as if there are different levels of a dream. Considering that Nomura said there are "a number of secrets" to the Drop gauge, perhaps it also influences the distance you fall in the dreams.

peachei

i think dream is what sora and riku are in during the entire game. drop would be the drop gauge. and i'm not quite sure about distance, but of course we'll all find out when it comes out! :)

billyzanesucks

It's not like they each have a divided meaning, it's just stating the concept: "the distance you fall into your dreams."

The 14th Order

King Mickey: Alright guys, we need to figure out how to end TAV's hurting.

Soriku: Ehh... Let's sleep on it.

Ming Kickey: Brilliant! We'll hook you up to machines while you sleep to record your dreams! In turn will reveal how to do it!

Soriku [To themselves]: This anthropomorphic mouse has dove off the deep end...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The thing that throws me off of the drop gauge is that it seemed to have a multiplyer by it the whole time. When the gameplay went off though, it never changed...so somehow I don't think it just counts down continually as the ">>> 1.5" never changed.

EternalDreamer

The thing that throws me off of the drop gauge is that it seemed to have a multiplyer by it the whole time. When the gameplay went off though, it never changed...so somehow I don't think it just counts down continually as the ">>> 1.5" never changed.

The HUD was static. It was pretty much just slapped on to make it look more complete. Note how none of the gauges seem to be moving at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back